Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

TR0Ns ZEOvit ..::SouthReef::..

SouthFlorida_Tron

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SouthFlorida_Tron
Great photos, thanks for sharing.

i miss tracking the progress with macro lenses but this will have to do for now...

priorities! sigh

Let me know if you end up fragging anything... Im looking to thin out some of my LPS up top and get more sps.

SouthFlorida_Tron
Let me know if you end up fragging anything... Im looking to thin out some of my LPS up top and get more sps.

i do have 2 immediate frags available....

i am willing to remove the borealis from my tank as its in an uncomfortable position in my tank, and i have 2 growing frags of birds nest that grow like weeds in my tank, so its only getting bigger by the day.

pm me if you would like to communicate on this subject!

Hey Tron.. beautiful tank.. I was wondering what happened to your midias blenny? I searched through your pages for awhile but 98 pages proved to be too much for me! I'm thinking about getting one but hear they can get aggressive in smaller tanks so curious what peoples experiences are with them.

SouthFlorida_Tron
Hey Tron.. beautiful tank.. I was wondering what happened to your midias blenny? I searched through your pages for awhile but 98 pages proved to be too much for me! I'm thinking about getting one but hear they can get aggressive in smaller tanks so curious what peoples experiences are with them.

Happy fish, fun to watch. Jumped out of my tank tho!

SouthFlorida_Tron
sorry about the Midas :( I liked him I never met him

All good, he brought personality to the tank.

SouthFlorida_Tron

so i needed to take action as i felt i had to either prevent the tricolor and paradise from touching, and the paradise had something visibly wrong...

i think the first shot will show how poorly it was doing, i think mainly because it was becoming draped by the massive overhand of the tricolor

cut off healthy tips (mostly healthy)

7633799312_e9c3425ced_z.jpg

Untitled by J.L Photography, on Flickr

fragged and planted for now.... where i could...

7633798658_aacfa47022_z.jpg

7633797884_4f0b0b0e2b_z.jpg

SouthFlorida_Tron
Nice, hope the frags take off for you!

we shall see.... it'd be nice for the base to get healthy again, I'm confident the frags will do great! cranked the mp10 a bit to get some extra movement inside and see if it has a beneficial effect.

SouthFlorida_Tron
looks like you acted quick I think they will pull through :)

thanks i hope so! how goes the tank btw?

This is one awesome tank, and it's amazing to see so much SPS health in such a small tank.

I know you've been asked about your dosing schedule a few times in this thread, but have you given any thought to putting up a SPS care thread for such small tanks, as you did with your anemone tut? I've just recently taken in a monti cap in my 10 gallon that had some whiting in a few spots, and it's slowly spreading inward. With such a big piece I'm trying to nurse it, but am new to both circumstances.

SouthFlorida_Tron
This is one awesome tank, and it's amazing to see so much SPS health in such a small tank.

I know you've been asked about your dosing schedule a few times in this thread, but have you given any thought to putting up a SPS care thread for such small tanks, as you did with your anemone tut? I've just recently taken in a monti cap in my 10 gallon that had some whiting in a few spots, and it's slowly spreading inward. With such a big piece I'm trying to nurse it, but am new to both circumstances.

hey ventura, im happy you admire the tank, id like to think i have nice taste in setting up a sexy reef ;)

as far as the dosing and maintenance, on a tank that size, it gets tricky... i did have a biocube14, which was probably about 10-12 gallons volume, and i found that since i couldnt run a skimmer, what worked for me was a fuge with chaeto, my sps took off from there... other than that and lighting, as far as dosing, every tank will be different and should be based on the parameters your test kits show....

as far as that cap, could be 2 things right away as its a hardy sps, check your alkalinity levels ( i dont think your nitrates can be that bad to cause that) or the lighting situation... im not familiar with your tank so i cannot say without more knowledge of whats going on...

ask me any questions you would like though.

Thanks again for the frags bro! I will keep you updated with their progress. ;)

Btw remember I have some Ora orange tipped frags if your interested .

SouthFlorida_Tron
Thanks again for the frags bro! I will keep you updated with their progress. ;)

Btw remember I have some Ora orange tipped frags if your interested .

we'll see, im happy youre enjoying the new frags, hope they flourish. im still contemplating removing more corals... im overloaded for my liking...

For now, an August FTS!

7701538668_15943142fa_z.jpg

Full Tank Shot August 2012 by J.L Photography, on Flickr

Changed the scape!

Let me know if you have anything else, I am a bit heavy on the SPS now but man oh man we should just have a beer night or something with the 4 of us.

I like the new look of the tank though. B)

SouthFlorida_Tron
Changed the scape!

Let me know if you have anything else, I am a bit heavy on the SPS now but man oh man we should just have a beer night or something with the 4 of us.

I like the new look of the tank though. B)

ya the scape was changed when i took out the 2 big rocks with xenias attached, got rid of them all! and one rock was the biggest in the tank, which is cool cuz now the flow is much more free flowing everywhere....

im toying with the idea of adding a 2nd mp10 for more flow to the opposite side :ninja:

Archived