inTank Media Baskets

TR0Ns ZEOvit ..::SouthReef::..

SouthFlorida_Tron

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SouthFlorida_Tron

That peckerhead goby fully rearranged the sandbed and completely covered my zoas.... Nothing else lol...

SouthFlorida_Tron
Lol!!! Let's see

I was more worried about them suffocating so I quickly unburied them instead of taking a pic. it was bad tho!

I was more worried about them suffocating so I quickly unburied them instead of taking a pic. it was bad tho!

My ricorodia kept getting buried for a bit.. It's all good now

Sux about your water chem. Mines out of wak too from dosing Brightwell alk and nothing else. I was thinking about doing bi-weekly water changes instead of dosing more. What u think bout that? That goby will do that until it gets established. Do not get a pistol shrimp...you'll never see those zoas again.

Funny as hell about the frog. Stupid clowns...

SouthFlorida_Tron
Sux about your water chem. Mines out of wak too from dosing Brightwell alk and nothing else. I was thinking about doing bi-weekly water changes instead of dosing more. What u think bout that? That goby will do that until it gets established. Do not get a pistol shrimp...you'll never see those zoas again.

Funny as hell about the frog. Stupid clowns...

water chem is working out, slowly bumping up levels back to normal, such a relief.... the hanna checker is awesome.

hes done a complete tunnel system from under allllll the rocks, in doing so he buried the nuclear greens and almost the rock where the birds nest is, but i fixed it, ill try and mount the zoas today...

as far as your params.... u currently do water changes every week? and u were only dosing alk???

- what about trying kalk.... or doing alk and ca 2 part lol.... magnesium levels could be low and may through off your params as well..... pm pablo, hes super knowledgeable about this stuff...

Will do. Man I really don't want to dose anything... I was dosing alk cause it and ph were the only thing out of wak. now they're fine and everything else is jacked. Brads gonna hook me up with some kalk. I'll see about using that maybe...nervous about dosing that.

thing is, when u raise alk, calc and mag get affected if u dont dose the others... lol

Yeah that's what I read after I started dosing.

SouthFlorida_Tron

so params are starting to go straight... my new batch of reef crystals came in from marinedepot, how funny would it be if all this is due to an old clumpy batch from my LFS.... and my damn goby is still digging holes and continues to burry zoas and pallys, maybe i just need to move them lol...

nem is looking better and better each day too with the feedings!

so params are starting to go straight... my new batch of reef crystals came in from marinedepot, how funny would it be if all this is due to an old clumpy batch from my LFS.... and my damn goby is still digging holes and continues to burry zoas and pallys, maybe i just need to move them lol...

nem is looking better and better each day too with the feedings!

Bad salt would be pretty wild! Hopefully the goby will settle down a bit.. And glad that nem is doing better, keep on feeding it

How is the weather by you bro?

This! My Inlaws leave near clearwater hmmm maybe I'll give um a call, I think it's suppose to start passing them tonight.

SouthFlorida_Tron
How is the weather by you bro?

just windy and rainy... was really bad at 7am, it was so windy it made the rain sound like a washing machine on my window, no lie...

I think I am pretty close to Tron. Its raining cats and dogs out, really hoping we dont lose power.

should be ok, as long as trees dont down the lines

SouthFlorida_Tron

so its safe to say that my tank was starting to crap thanks to my declining LFS... which in my opinion is a totally different store than when i first started going there in March 2011.....

i was in a pinch and instead of waiting an extra week and ordering salt from marine depot, i opted for an old faded box of reef crystals from the LFS thinking ah should be fine.... well i shouldve fking known as it completely almost thrashed my tank, and after one 2 gallon change with fresh beautiful pwder fresh salt from marine depot, my tank has improved without dosing and the alk has jumped from the lower than my liking 7.4-7.7 range to a modest 8.25 today... calcium has also gone up from under 380 to 400 today... mag is still around 1300... ill bump that up for sure :)

SouthFlorida_Tron

Thanks guys, im trying to get the tank back on track... Im just happy to finally be assured it was the bad batch of salt i was using, so now im just working on stabilizing the acros that suffered...

by the way, the store has a few nice pieces of rock cured in huge plastic tubs with skimmers.... should i add one or two?

Archived