Coral Vue Hydros

TR0Ns ZEOvit ..::SouthReef::..

SouthFlorida_Tron

SouthFlorida_Tron
Awesome...whats your light schedule now?

I still have it on a 12-12 routine but more emphasis on royal/white ratio...

0/0/25 12-130

25/10/40 130-3

50/35/65 3-530

100/100/100 530-630

Then back down til 12... Removed the excess blue moonlight and instead of 0/1/0 til 2am, it's just for like 15minutes.

Tank seems to b loving the color ratio and intensity...

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SouthFlorida_Tron

thanks every1, unfortunately, i was going to post #1 just for fun, but not anymore as Criley has come up with an amazing shot of his pally, it is a beautiful photo and I'm jealous! lol, i don't have my dslr anymore so can't even compete.....

however, a shot of how the cracked monti plate and stylo are doing!

7546399832_4850c6cf6d_z.jpg

Untitled by J.L Photography, on Flickr

SouthFlorida_Tron
Monti looks awesome dude... Just grabed a green one a few weeks ago and a piece of purple haze today

nice bro! love the new sig :ninja:

SouthFlorida_Tron

Had to grab reef crystals from the LFS... Ran out...

Was suggested to try Red Sea... Thoughts?

Had to grab reef crystals from the LFS... Ran out...

Was suggested to try Red Sea... Thoughts?

Honestly, who keeps their alk. at 14dkh? Those are the #s I get on every mix, which isn't the only reason why I stop using it and went back to Reef crystals.

SouthFlorida_Tron

I don't have issues, reef crystals aren't broken, and cheap... Why fix it.

LFS always has to "one up" on what u use on what you "should" use...

I use the red sea pro and really like it. I do about a 25% w/c weekly. My Ca stays about 400-425 and alk @ 7 -8 without dosing. I just started dosing a little to bump thing up a bit.

SouthFlorida_Tron

the small bag of reef crystals i got from the LFS appears to be shelf sat for alonnnngggg time... the box was a bit faded and the salt was very clumpy and almost like sand, very dense and a lot of chunks apposed to the prior batches I've received from marine depot that were extremely powderish and fine, a lot of dust it was so fine...

my first mix this morning from last night still has substantial amount of salt that has not dissolved... is this a bad / old batch, should i contact the LFS about swapping for a new one? seems to always be the case with this place, everything is old because no1 ever buys from there, and thats why i usually don't....

the small bag of reef crystals i got from the LFS appears to be shelf sat for alonnnngggg time... the box was a bit faded and the salt was very clumpy and almost like sand, very dense and a lot of chunks apposed to the prior batches I've received from marine depot that were extremely powderish and fine, a lot of dust it was so fine...

my first mix this morning from last night still has substantial amount of salt that has not dissolved... is this a bad / old batch, should i contact the LFS about swapping for a new one? seems to always be the case with this place, everything is old because no1 ever buys from there, and thats why i usually don't....

Sounds like moisture got to the box over time... was it from Eco? It is crazy humid in there so that would explain it.

SouthFlorida_Tron
Sounds like moisture got to the box over time... was it from Eco? It is crazy humid in there so that would explain it.

ya, but as a sealed plastic bag, how would moisture get in?

anyways, should i just use it and move on?

ya, but as a sealed plastic bag, how would moisture get in?

anyways, should i just use it and move on?

:unsure: Hmmm... not sure how if the bag was sealed correctly. I would just test the batch for

Calc,Ph, Alk and mag .... if it meets your standards use it. I aways buy the bucket... it is a better deal and it seals out moisture.

Tank looks great btw. ;)

SouthFlorida_Tron
:unsure: Hmmm... not sure how if the bag was sealed correctly. I would just test the batch for

Calc,Ph, Alk and mag .... if it meets your standards use it. I aways buy the bucket... it is a better deal and it seals out moisture.

Tank looks great btw. ;)

thanks will do

and thx!

thanks every1, unfortunately, i was going to post #1 just for fun, but not anymore as Criley has come up with an amazing shot of his pally, it is a beautiful photo and I'm jealous! lol, i don't have my dslr anymore so can't even compete.....

Thanks Tron!

Tron did you use to add a little more gfo to your chemipure elite? Or sprinkle something else in or am i going crazy thinking you did

SouthFlorida_Tron
Tron did you use to add a little more gfo to your chemipure elite? Or sprinkle something else in or am i going crazy thinking you did

i did add about 2 small teaspoons of PHOSban in a separate baggy to tie into my sump with the CPE... just to ensure ZERO phosphates...

Archived