ReefCleaners.org

TR0Ns ZEOvit ..::SouthReef::..

SouthFlorida_Tron

SouthFlorida_Tron
Lol, I love that it is a weed in most peoples tank. My tank literally kills gsp.

ya must be nice, i guess its safe to say i grew out of my noob coral stage, lol

my problem now is that i gotta figure out if i wanna push the sps island more center, or leave it, and just let the frogspawn consume the left side of the tank, hes getting bigger and bigger every week....

and its slightly odd having the anemone on this tiny wedge of rock stuck in the sand lol...so i may look for a specific sized liverock and attach it to that...

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ya must be nice, i guess its safe to say i grew out of my noob coral stage, lol

my problem now is that i gotta figure out if i wanna push the sps island more center, or leave it, and just let the frogspawn consume the left side of the tank, hes getting bigger and bigger every week....

and its slightly odd having the anemone on this tiny wedge of rock stuck in the sand lol...so i may look for a specific sized liverock and attach it to that...

I wouldn't do anything... if you move it and he decides to walk on you... Well you know the rest.

SouthFlorida_Tron
I wouldn't do anything... if you move it and he decides to walk on you... Well you know the rest.

well, so far, after being transported by bucket to the store, being put through a saw, then back into the bucket and back home, he's not only full of color and open, but still attached firmly to the rock!

day one complete, night two approaching rapidly lol!

i have the firm belief that if hes happy with the location through the past year with light and flow being the same, hopefully it is enough to keep him there

I have a theory about anemone movement. I seriously think they it's all where they like to put their foot. I have had seven anemones (of different kinds - LTA, condy, BTA and minis) and all of them have moved to a place that was nearly impossible to remove them without cutting the rock. With the exclusion of one that never stopped moving cause he couldn't find a like able foot hold. I have three minis right now and I've rescaped, transported etc and they do not move ever. Their feet are edged so far into the rock that if they shriveled up you couldn't see them. Couple are under heavier flow than others and they don't care.

SouthFlorida_Tron

the new look left side of the tank... rather empty at the moment.....

unsure if i want to add more rock to replace the one i took out or leave it be and perhaps move the frogspawn more towards the rear and place the anemone closer to the front corner by the glass....

what do you guys think?

7797984572_ca294ee54a_z.jpg

IMG_2894 by J.L Photography, on Flickr

Yea I think it would be more aesthetically pleasing if you moved the frogspawn towards the back and the anemone to the front.

BTW you nee a new FTS now. :)

That froggy is gonna eat New York soon. I say keep it where it is, move the nem and build yourself a little rock sculpture about 6" tall and cover it with some zoa/palys. It will balance things out a little.

Personally, I think you removed a little too much out of there.

I agree, we need an FTS.

+1

I met you in person... otherwise I wouldn't feel comfortable telling you but It looks unbalanced now. I agree with Jball.. move the frogspawn back and the nem forward. Think it would be more aesthetically pleasing, think marginal.

SouthFlorida_Tron

gzzz, u guys, thats why i asked lol... duhhhh.... i want to do something, just not sure what...

i did have moving the froggy back a bit and putting the nem in the front corner there...

also, adding a few more small chunks of broken liverock to fill in the island and put my zoos on there, from the sand...

A FTS might help me envision this better but another idea would be to lift the frogspawn off the substrate with some rocks. Maybe half way up your tank and close to the corner. It will balance things out I think and will open up some floor space.

SouthFlorida_Tron
A FTS might help me envision this better but another idea would be to lift the frogspawn off the substrate with some rocks. Maybe half way up your tank and close to the corner. It will balance things out I think and will open up some floor space.

well, thing is, the giant bone or shell or whatever u call what the frogspawn is on is like about 4" long then it splits into 2 more stems which hold all 10-12 heads.... so itd be hard to get "raised" without also bumping into the returns which are directly above....

im fine leaving it in the sand for now but towards the back so it fills the side, and we'll see how it looks after

SouthFlorida_Tron
Gotcha, yea then your best bet is probably to move it to the back. Now go get us that FTS already. :D

Tomorrow for sure... Lights are off.

Funny, moved the nem to the front and clowns are lost haha

SouthFlorida_Tron

on another note, picked up a diamond goby to clean up my sandbed, hes hiding for now...

and did my first salifert tests in forever and OMGWTFHOLYSHIII

alk-7.2 yikes

ca-380 livable

mg-1275 yikes

only good thing was i borrowed a ph probe from the LFS and it read 8.2, which ive always battled!

so NR, any advice on how to fix my low alk? i use esv bionic 3 part, alk, ca, mg....

usually dose about 7ml of ca,alk and just started using the mg again since its so low....

SouthFlorida_Tron
cough:: kalk::: cough

el oh el....

Dude feed that nem! Mine has gotten huge since January. Probably a good 6-7" when fully open!

heard

OK, crappy advice as promised. Feed the f-ing nem, fix your params, and maybe move the froggy more to the center, build yourself a little bonsai rock structure for some balance and load it with some palys/zoas/acans or something, or some photo gorgs.

Or.......chuck everthig except the froggy and put it in the middle.

Seriously, IMO, I think you cleaned out a little too much, your tank is great now, but it was killer before!

SouthFlorida_Tron
OK, crappy advice as promised. Feed the f-ing nem, fix your params, and maybe move the froggy more to the center, build yourself a little bonsai rock structure for some balance and load it with some palys/zoas/acans or something, or some photo gorgs.

Or.......chuck everthig except the froggy and put it in the middle.

Seriously, IMO, I think you cleaned out a little too much, your tank is great now, but it was killer before!

ya but i had to get rid of that gsp, i despised it....

i think i may move the frogspawn even further back, and feed the nem, and perhaps center the right island just another inch or 2...

& also.... rofl, this was tonight as i was on the phone with pablo haha

7805219590_d1317aea67_z.jpg

IMG_2901 by J.L Photography, on Flickr

7805220112_7f0cc78c95_z.jpg

IMG_2898 by J.L Photography, on Flickr

Archived