Pod Your Reef

TR0Ns ZEOvit ..::SouthReef::..

SouthFlorida_Tron

SouthFlorida_Tron
Damn, 1st thing in the morning. Buy a chiller asap.

$$$$$$

Fans, ice, and RO water

RO ice cubes work?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have AC in our apartment and we had some 90s weather a couple weeks ago. We opened all the windows at night and cooled the place off as much as possible, then closed everything up during the day and I took those ice packs you freeze then use in coolers and floated them in the tank. They are hard plastic so no danger of a leak. Temp never got above 82.

Here's a picture of the type I'm talking about. It was over a weekend so I just kept adding one or two every 2 hours in the afternoon when the temp started creeping up.

http://www.roshgo.com/Merchant2/graphics/r...id-ice-pack.jpg

$$$$$$

RO ice cubes work?

Sure. Freeze some tonight. Just watch your water level and tank saltiness.

Why not ice packs in ziplock bags? That way you aren't affecting your water chemistry.

+1 Float them in the rear chambers.

Also, you can run a fan over the surface. I picked one up today and just the fan made a 3 degree shift in a few hours. Evap will speed up though.

SouthFlorida_Tron

so the highest it got was 84.5.... usually around 78 hahhaa

i did 4 hours of frozen cooler thingies in a ziplock and they just fixed it and temp has stayed at around 82.5.....

it will drop soon as room cools off....

Deleted User 4

Nice save man.

Seemed like your december2011 fts is at its best....no offense lol ahahahah jk. Doesn't the coraline algae off the back/sides/ little on the front ticks you off in a way?

SouthFlorida_Tron
Nice save man.

Seemed like your december2011 fts is at its best....no offense lol ahahahah jk. Doesn't the coraline algae off the back/sides/ little on the front ticks you off in a way?

well, however that nem looks beast mode, i dunno why it never puffs like that anymore... maybe it liked the dirty water from the biocube...

the corals on the other hand are quadruple the size.... and the coraline doesn't come off....

Deleted User 4
well, however that nem looks beast mode, i dunno why it never puffs like that anymore... maybe it liked the dirty water from the biocube...

the corals on the other hand are quadruple the size.... and the coraline doesn't come off....

Ahh I see. Maybe you should add a sea urchin...I heard that they love to kill off those coralines you have ahaha.

animalmaster6

This happened to me and I put like four fans surrounding. It REALLY helped. Definitely lowered the temp a degree or two.

I keep a fan aimed at the sump's water surface. Also have a couple frozen water bottles with RODI in the freezer for those just in case moments. works like a charm.

SouthFlorida_Tron

hey guys, so i wanna keep up with my POTM submissions and want an opinion on which i should submit, just holler (1), (2), or (3) on which you all think would be the best submission! Thanks!

1)

6827660057_e7865269c9_z.jpg

2)

6670861305_3b389d42df_z.jpg

3)

6432693723_b598747021_z.jpg

I really like 3. I like the focus on it but some may not, id probably submit 2.

Your tank is still looking good man, my tanks inspiration for sure. Grab a bike yet? My buddy who had a harley for the last 3 years sold it and is picking up a new zx6r tomorrow and we gonna go do some riding.

SouthFlorida_Tron

no, family priorities... saving for a 2 week euro vaca to london and paris in 2013!

paly, zoa, whatever, just keeping up with the submissions....

:)

SouthFlorida_Tron
beautiful

Zomg, u should see a June 5 pic, the same extended branches that are splitting were shorter and without splits, ridiculous growth this month...

Zomg, u should see a June 5 pic, the same extended branches that are splitting were shorter and without splits, ridiculous growth this month...

Awesome...whats your light schedule now?

Archived