SouthFlorida_Tron

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SouthFlorida_Tron
Looks great!

Thanks!

your frogspawn/euphyllia is huge!

Blowing up! Found he was being stung by gsp!

Nice FTS dude!

What is the name of the bright green coral behind the frogspawn?

Thanks!

Oh lol, it's just a big bed of green star polyps...never should've let it stay in my tank lol

Looks beautiful and its amazing that your corals took off that fast. If you do not mind me asking, what is the key to keep a healthy sps tank?

SouthFlorida_Tron
The tank is looking awesome!

Thanks Animal!

Looks beautiful and its amazing that your corals took off that fast. If you do not mind me asking, what is the key to keep a healthy sps tank?

Thank you!

For me, the secret is all about consistency of water quality, routine maintenance, lots of water turbulence and flow, and appropriate lighting....

its all about the conditions in order for the specific corals to grow.

Quick ? For you, I didn't finish either of the reef nutritions I have oyster feast and live photo, and they just expired yesterday... Should I just toss um and get new ones or keep using?

SouthFlorida_Tron
Quick ? For you, I didn't finish either of the reef nutritions I have oyster feast and live photo, and they just expired yesterday... Should I just toss um and get new ones or keep using?

i mean.... its been refrigerated so i wouldnt hesitate to keep using it? your call, if its as smelly as normal, and appears to still be its same gooey like substance, keep at it!

$20 a pop, just keep using it lol

hows the tank!?

i mean.... its been refrigerated so i wouldnt hesitate to keep using it? your call, if its as smelly as normal, and appears to still be its same gooey like substance, keep at it!

$20 a pop, just keep using it lol

hows the tank!?

Aight thats what i was thinking, Tank is doing pretty awesome right now, The diamond goby i just picked up last friday has cleaned the crap outta the whole sand bed! Everyone seems nice and healthy, The midas blenny is definitly my fav fish, personality is just funny as hell! Birdsnest growing like crazy and new fav coral is orange dendro's! Freakin clown has been ignoring the gbta for a little bit which pisses me off but oh well. Anxiously waiting the new AI stuff!

SouthFlorida_Tron
Aight thats what i was thinking, Tank is doing pretty awesome right now, The diamond goby i just picked up last friday has cleaned the crap outta the whole sand bed! Everyone seems nice and healthy, The midas blenny is definitly my fav fish, personality is just funny as hell! Birdsnest growing like crazy and new fav coral is orange dendro's! Freakin clown has been ignoring the gbta for a little bit which pisses me off but oh well. Anxiously waiting the new AI stuff!

cool bro! my next debate is whether to keep the green star polyp and anemone rock, may just remove it and allow the frog spawn to blow up the entire left side of the tank. perhaps allow me to also slide over the acro rock area more center than it is to concentrate on open flow and grow out certain acros, maybe remove a few more and see how the tank reacts... i feel i may be over populated!

cool bro! my next debate is whether to keep the green star polyp and anemone rock, may just remove it and allow the frog spawn to blow up the entire left side of the tank. perhaps allow me to also slide over the acro rock area more center than it is to concentrate on open flow and grow out certain acros, maybe remove a few more and see how the tank reacts... i feel i may be over populated!

Overpopulated haha! Looks great in there, you can't get rid of the nem man! But I can see you want it a little more open in there, I have one rock left from brs I've been contemplating on putting in the tank on the right side and mounting the Ora green birdsnest and purple haze monti to it, idk

SouthFlorida_Tron
Overpopulated haha! Looks great in there, you can't get rid of the nem man! But I can see you want it a little more open in there, I have one rock left from brs I've been contemplating on putting in the tank on the right side and mounting the Ora green birdsnest and purple haze monti to it, idk

ya, im just sick of the noob corals such as gsp, the xenias already went lol....

SouthFlorida_Tron
I like the new banner

chuck-norris-thumbs-up.jpg

old one, got sick of the beach themed one with the obnoxious flashing sign lol

haha i just saw i was in your sig tron. :P

figured it goes with my philosophy

and on another note.... updated the lighting again.... lowered previous settings to more white and royal, less blue again, and an extra hour of 100% at peak!

and looking to get a goby to sift my sand, thinking of the diamond goby so far as i hear he does the most work on the sand! and feedback!?

SouthFlorida_Tron
Dracula goby.

already ordered the diamond goby from LFS, more functional than for appearance, that dracula looks cool though!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Well thats it! Gsp is gone! Now I'm hoping he frogspawn consumes the left side of the tank and the nem returns to normal

Well thats it! Gsp is gone! Now I'm hoping he frogspawn consumes the left side of the tank and the nem returns to normal

speaking of that. all the gsp is going this week from my tank aswell. B)

Was it difficult for you to remove? The stuff is practically a weed. I thought I had all of mine off, only to find little tiny polyps starting to grow again on the rock.

SouthFlorida_Tron
speaking of that. all the gsp is going this week from my tank aswell. B)

such a relief!

Was it difficult for you to remove? The stuff is practically a weed. I thought I had all of mine off, only to find little tiny polyps starting to grow again on the rock.

well, my only hurdle was it had consumed the liverock my BTA was on, but i just took it to the fish store and they had a cutting machine that they just saw'ed right between the two and i put the nem back in the tank on a piece of rock...

Archived