Innovative Marine Aquariums

TR0Ns ZEOvit ..::SouthReef::..

SouthFlorida_Tron

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
November FTS, the zoas werent happy after the shrimp climbed all over em....so ill probably retake it eventually

8145764188_2a424e07ac_z.jpg

November 2012 iPhone5 Full Tank Shot by J.L Photography, on Flickr

Finally!

Looks awesome I love the way the coraline is taking over the back wall!

That Cap is Sick, if you need to make some room let me know I am missing mine need to come see the tank some time have a few burs or something been a while.

Hope all is well with the kiddo and your girl.

SouthFlorida_Tron
Looks good dude. I put up a new fts...my nem is ginormous!

Saw it, lookin very nice

Looks real good!

Thanks dude!

Finally!

Looks awesome I love the way the coraline is taking over the back wall!

That Cap is Sick, if you need to make some room let me know I am missing mine need to come see the tank some time have a few burs or something been a while.

Hope all is well with the kiddo and your girl.

I'll let u know for sure, things r hectic here. were moving soon...

Very nice FTS!

Thanks!!! Loving the photo editing on the retina MacBook compared to my old dell

SouthFlorida_Tron

so i moved up to the 12th floor, just an apartment swap if you will... but as we were carting the tank half full, my dad underestimated the weight going over a step and sure enough, slam, just let the cart roll down and drop hard and snap went the monti cap.... ill have to move around some stuff to get it adjusted...

overall, successful move! everything is open and all equipment is up and running (thank god)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Tron, sweet tank. I see u have one orange and one black clown...did u get them at the same time or one and then the other later? I'm looking to have a black and orange pair (or maybe black and snowflake) and was wondering if it's best to buy one, leave it awhile until ur pretty sure it's a female, then buy a juvi, or if its best to buy both at same time? If so, is it best to get one big one tiny, or two juvi's? Thanks!

SouthFlorida_Tron
Hey Tron, sweet tank. I see u have one orange and one black clown...did u get them at the same time or one and then the other later? I'm looking to have a black and orange pair (or maybe black and snowflake) and was wondering if it's best to buy one, leave it awhile until ur pretty sure it's a female, then buy a juvi, or if its best to buy both at same time? If so, is it best to get one big one tiny, or two juvi's? Thanks!

i bought them at the same time but they were from two separate tanks. i added the smaller one first, then the larger one... so the small one wouldnt get dominated outright lol

now... onto some pics.

this shot here you can see where the monti snapped off the back wall, and it cracked in the mididle under the acro but i re attached it to the rock beneath, otherwise it just teeter totterd back and forth...

8197186989_ab46504759_z.jpg

Untitled by J.L Photography, on Flickr

this shot shows more of the crack and separation

8198276834_642d959ea4_z.jpg

and before, i had zoas everywhere, now im trying to get a solid rock full of various zoos...

8198276170_6dc6d5ebe5_z.jpg

Monti cap on steriods. New TOTM rule.......all corals must pee in a cup first.........

+1 otherwise we will strip all your medals and make you pay fines! :lol:

saltwatercoral

Lookin good Tron! Glad to see the move was sucsessfull! A broken Monti is better than a broken tank! How is your water Parameters going? Are you dosing anything at all right now?

SouthFlorida_Tron
Damn man that monti is dominating the tank! Looks awesome I like how you placed the broken piece, looks cool!

heh, ya it worked out pretty nicely.

Love the new maxima clam you got there buddy.

thanks, been in there for a while but still stands out :) it used to be the one next to the tricolor acro but it detattched, assumed it was a light issue, so i moved it out

Little tank looks amazing tron :)

thanks mgd, im makin it happen. cant wait to see it a year from now when hopefully everything is full blown colonies.

do want some of that cap.

remember, it started off as this...

6622459821_245a3329f5_z.jpg

Baby Cap by J.L Photography, on Flickr

Monti cap on steriods. New TOTM rule.......all corals must pee in a cup first.........

touche'

Lookin good Tron! Glad to see the move was sucsessfull! A broken Monti is better than a broken tank! How is your water Parameters going? Are you dosing anything at all right now?

ya the move went well, luckily i didnt have to empty the tank, just took out half the water, and took an elevator ride up to the new condo...

params are stabilized and ive been dosing a bit of esv magnesium, and regularly esv alk and ca...

weekly reef crystals water changes and the tank loves it :)

lookin great SFT. I had a quick question for you, I just cycled my 30 gallon and I am planning on putting in some corals in the next couple of days but I was wondering on what intensity you think I should start out my AI out at. I have the sol white and I don't want to cook my corals. Any help is greatly appreciated.

SouthFlorida_Tron
lookin great SFT. I had a quick question for you, I just cycled my 30 gallon and I am planning on putting in some corals in the next couple of days but I was wondering on what intensity you think I should start out my AI out at. I have the sol white and I don't want to cook my corals. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Well, if ur light is above the tank without any corals then set it to an intensity that equals the output of the tanks in which your new corals came from....? If that makes sense...

Archived