Cultivated Reef

The Return of the Tank Sitter

metrokat

jedimasterben
I've had only LED's before. I don;t doubt their awesomeness. But I brought back corals from the dead with my T5's. I'm not giving up that kind of light.

What makes you think LEDs can't do the same?

What makes you think LEDs can't do the same?

Again. I'm not questioning their awesomeness, and that is why I have both LED's and T5s on my tank AND sump. I just won't give up T5's. Ive seen dramatic results in color and growth and I'm not willing to reinvent the wheel when something is working.

TeflonTomDosh
Again. I'm not questioning their awesomeness, and that is why I have both LED's and T5s on my tank AND sump. I just won't give up T5's. Ive seen dramatic results in color and growth and I'm not willing to reinvent the wheel when something is working.

+1 to this, LEDs (aquastyle kit) in my bc29 and t5 (tek elite 6bulb) on my 40b that I got 2nd hand from a lady on CL. Have montis, acans, and a sweet chalice that have come back from the dead since I moved this tank from her house to mine a couple mo ago. Didn't even notice them in there when I got the tank home, put that elite fixture on there, and a mo or so later,

success-kid-meme-generator-boom-goes-the-dynamite-87d58f.jpg

+1 to this, LEDs (aquastyle kit) in my bc29 and t5 (tek elite 6bulb) on my 40b that I got 2nd hand from a lady on CL. Have montis, acans, and a sweet chalice that have come back from the dead since I moved this tank from her house to mine a couple mo ago. Didn't even notice them in there when I got the tank home, put that elite fixture on there, and a mo or so later,

success-kid-meme-generator-boom-goes-the-dynamite-87d58f.jpg

:lol: NICE!

jedimasterben
I'll tell you what would sell a lot more people on LEDs is if you could find a way to completely eliminate the shimmer.

:huh:

Why is that? That's one of the big selling points of halide bulbs, people like the shimmer effect.

Rollermonkey

When I want to take a picture of something in my tank, to avoid the shimmer, I hit "feed". I have LEDs and as far as I can tell, no water movement = no shimmer effect.

T5 & MH FTW

• 2 months later...

:blush:

One hit wonders from TS

TS: What do you mean look at the fish closely, they look fine.

TS: OH GOD that is an ugly fish!

TS: Your tank is stinking again

TS: (speaking to my nephew) oh look the dancing shrimp is there

Nephew: That's a sexy shrimp, papa

• Like 1
jedimasterben
LEDs are terrible, mostly with SPS MH/t5 or t5 is the best light with some led supplement...

Really? What makes you say that? Do you understand how lighting works?

lol youre funny man....

the best sps tanks/systems in the world make me say that. im not going to get into argument online about how lighting works but do you know how lighting works? stfu bro

jedimasterben
lol youre funny man....

the best sps tanks/systems in the world make me say that. im not going to get into argument online about how lighting works but do you know how lighting works? stfu bro

:huh:

b7e.jpg

If you'd like to discuss this, make your own thread about it and I'll show you around. :)

lol youre funny man....

The best tanks in the world are mature systems without any changes. LEDs are a new concept. Instead of saying ignorant crap, read up in energy consumption, colors under spectrums of all the different types of light, growth rates, and over all appearance.

/troll

:blush:

TS: (speaking to my nephew) oh look the dancing shrimp is there

Nephew: That's a sexy shrimp, papa

I love that. Very funny.

The best tanks in the world are mature systems without any changes. LEDs are a new concept. Instead of saying ignorant crap, read up in energy consumption, colors under spectrums of all the different types of light, growth rates, and over all appearance.

/troll

I love that. Very funny.

growth rates sure, colour no. i agree with energy consumption and their new but im not talking about that. since leds have been around for 50 years youd think they wouldnt be a new concept :/

Yep and Led's suck and they will always suck. I had the first led fixture that came out. You will never make me think different. T-5 or MH for me.

jedimasterben
growth rates sure, colour no. i agree with energy consumption and their new but im not talking about that. since leds have been around for 50 years youd think they wouldnt be a new concept :/
Yep and Led's suck and they will always suck. I had the first led fixture that came out. You will never make me think different. T-5 or MH for me.

I would love for either of you to start a thread.

So this one time I was on a Tank Sitter thread, reading stories about Tank sitters, then I even read the thread starter ask it to remain a Tank Sitter thread. :angry:

I had to fire my Tank Sitter for having a party at my place, I felt so old....but for real. I'm dating my new Tank Sitter so it works much better, we bonded when I installed the Apex Controller on her iPhone. :D

Tank Sitter, Tank Sitter, Tank Sitter.

• Like 1