Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Opaquelace: Lalani photo dump time June 2014

opaquelace

Looks awesome!!!!!! The kitty is adorable looking up at the tank. Did he/she eventually make it up to the table to peer in?

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope never. I made her get off the dining room table the other day (clapped loudly) so I'm hoping she gets the picture of no going on tables/counter tops. Besides, she spends most of the day hiding away from my kids lol.

Thanks skillz! So good news I have my mandarin eating Nutramar Ova and she's getting plumper. She wasn't skinny, but she wasn't eating the other frozen food options I had. Also, found her sleeping in the sandbed the other night partially covered by sand. If I hadn't seen a picture of another mandarin doing it in the mandarin thread on the fish forum I would have been very worried!

Thanks skillz! So good news I have my mandarin eating Nutramar Ova and she's getting plumper. She wasn't skinny, but she wasn't eating the other frozen food options I had. Also, found her sleeping in the sandbed the other night partially covered by sand. If I hadn't seen a picture of another mandarin doing it in the mandarin thread on the fish forum I would have been very worried!

That's fantastic news!!! Do you have to turn all of the flow off for her to eat or will she go after the food with the pumps running?

That's fantastic news!!! Do you have to turn all of the flow off for her to eat or will she go after the food with the pumps running?

I turn it off so it settles on the rocks and then she picks at it. I feed the coral and everything else at the same time so it's easier to just flip the switch for the pumps and then switch them back on after 15-20 min.

that last shot with the cat is pretty cool

Thanks! It's a much bigger tank than it seems sometimes.

• 1 month later...

So....picture dump time!!!

bext.jpg

Top down. Notice my photos are getting clearer? I'm finally getting the hang of my simple camera settings lol.

xwal.jpgFTS under LEDs with the blue turned up.

v0ne.jpg

FTS with only the whites on.

46ie.jpg

Middle to top range of the rockscape. Got some new zoanthids and a fresh frag of green sinularia that I'm super stoked about :D

6jat.jpg

My green star polyps are growing with my purple ones from Lalani and look amazing :D

movq.jpg

Clear picture of the ricordeas. Unfortunately my bright green ones are hiding.

oriz.jpg

My mauve/teal rhodactis.

jpf5.jpg

o7kk.jpg

r986.jpg

b0ym.jpg

wmre.jpg

Anemone photo dump! The frogspawn in the last picture is touch and go at the moment. It's opening up larger and looking less pissed off, but it looks like the head is coming off the skeleton at the bottom. Some guts were protruding from there a few days ago, but seem to have disappeared since then.

97c9.jpg

Duncans!

tjxs.jpgOctofrogspawn and red tree sponge

svah.jpg

My sinularia frag. It's a really pretty teal/lime and purple.

k3t1.jpg

New zoanthids and some old ones grown in. The ones at the top left corner are super bright and amazing and I can't wait for them to grow in some. $10 frag right there, also came with another frag and the sinularia for free.

fhgo.jpg

ccxg.jpg

Palys and candy canes!

And done for now. Martha was hiding unfortunately but the other fish loved making an appearance.

I love all the growth you are getting!!!! Does Martha hide a lot? I have a new green mandarin named Bogart. He recently found the back of the tank and hardly leaves that area. I'm a bit disappointed with that. :lol:

I love all the growth you are getting!!!! Does Martha hide a lot? I have a new green mandarin named Bogart. He recently found the back of the tank and hardly leaves that area. I'm a bit disappointed with that. :lol:

Yea she hides a lot. We have the cave in the center where we see her, but she tends to stick to the back of the tank at the top where the zoanthids are. There's a crevice where I squirt her food and there is a hole in the rock that she swims up. I'm wondering if one of my clowns gets aggressive with her, although I haven't seen it yet. I can't feed my tank anymore without my female clown biting my hand, and sometimes it hurts! She's so mean to me. :tears:

• 4 months later...

so3w.jpg

My rock anemone garden. Pictures don't do them justice, especially not mine lol.

6tpl.jpg

My ricordeas. Lost a few, don't know what happened to them...also what is that strange macro algae?

xtak.jpg

Yea, it's purple.

d6m8.jpg

Looking down shot! Those RPEs are really nice in real life, but they look so washed out in pictures.

hlv7.jpg

My fish are camera hogs. Seriously. They won't get out the way.

1wox.jpg

This is a shot from today. You can see my firecracker favia from Morgan in the bottom right corner. It's so pretty! The coral in the bottom left corner is being baby sat for a friend until this evening.

1uoc.jpg

My mandarin. Still trying to get him to eat. I've got cyclopeeze, reproductive organs of oysters, nutramar OVA, I bought a chunk of chaeto and put it in a box to see if I can breed him some pods (from the refugium at my LFS) and I'll probably go and purchase some arctic pods to see if he will eat that. He's been a real pain in my butt, but I've been trying. Feeding him every day (or trying to). He's real friendly actually, so I'm hoping eventually he will take to the tank. He swims all around, comes to the surface when I'm by the tank, but so far no eating when I feed. Maybe he likes leftovers?

am3b.jpg

bwgx.jpg

Full tank shot! Notice the new Vortech MP10? We bought it on black Friday because they had a mail in rebate on that day at the LFS for it. We got the $289 one that can sync up to others for $231 which I think is a good deal.

yz6h.jpg

Also, Merry Christmas. IDK why the picture came out so blurry. Oh well!

That is bubble algae! kill it with fire immediately.

If you cut very carefully with a sharp blade/scalpel you can remove them without bursting but do it outside of the tank. You can dip it in peroxide after removal to be sure to get any bits left over.

6tpl.jpg

I thought that is what that was, but the bubbles are huge and have bright orange spots. It's limited to that area so I can scrape it off real easily.

Also I forgot these gems.

qcap.jpg

Silas. He looks like a little boy now. No more babies for me! Also Marilou wanted to show you guys how she cries.

vdb3.jpg

xurx.jpg

llama roadkill

That is bubble algae! kill it with fire immediately.

If you cut very carefully with a sharp blade/scalpel you can remove them without bursting but do it outside of the tank. You can dip it in peroxide after removal to be sure to get any bits left over.

6tpl.jpg

25yuswsw28295.gif

I thought that was Lani GSP!!! Looks awesome, everything!!! You've had a lot of growth too. I love the orange/red sponge and the firecracker favia, and, and, and :lol:.

Your kiddos are getting soooo big. I still remember them as babies. Pretty Christmas tree :wub:.

I thought that was Lani GSP!!! Looks awesome, everything!!! You've had a lot of growth too. I love the orange/red sponge and the firecracker favia, and, and, and :lol:.

Your kiddos are getting soooo big. I still remember them as babies. Pretty Christmas tree :wub:.

I miss them being babies sometimes. Probably because my sister had her baby 10 weeks ago an I wish I could have another...then I remember how miserable I was and I'm glad they can walk and talk (most of the time, when it's not working against me).

As for the tank, I think I'm going to focus on acan lords next and special zoanthids/palys. I'd really like to have some Sunny Ds. Maybe a purple photosynthetic gorg. Then I think we'll just let everything grow.

1wl9.jpg

Top down FTS with the new pagoda cup :) It brings something to the tank we didn't have and I love it.

8b7q.jpg

The favia resting in the macro algae basket until we catch the Elton John and return him to the LFS. For that story click here:

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/337574-elton-john-is-a-jerk-can-my-favia-be-saved/

j1g5.jpg

Mushrooms, rics, and new monti cap.

q095.jpg

My red sponge and my new hulk clove polyps from Reef Gardener. I love them <3

k3yj.jpg

My zoanthid/paly area is filling out nicely. Next maybe some Sunny Ds and some other fun, crazy polyps!

gn73.jpg

My huge colony of red people eaters. They're really starting to color up under my Kessil A350. They were sorta brownish at the LFS.

o5ik.jpg

What will hopefully turn into a flower rock garden eventually. I love them, and I love the color variations they have. They like being by each other a lot...oh and then there is the lonely rhodactis mushroom on the side.

fkar.jpg

Pretty self-explanatory. GSP and PSP.

biho.jpg

The new pagoda cup! Open and happy already :D

And now two FTS because I feel like it.

j50t.jpg

81st.jpg

As you can tell I'm still trying to get the colors right with my camera. I had it set for underwater/blue water which makes everything a little bit too red but takes out the blinding white of the sand. Thanks for peeking!

• 2 weeks later...

More updates...yayyyy!

So, nothing much has changed. We bought a new flower anemone though and I got some cool photos of it eating (and a video I'll be sure to post). The favia is now in the display since we got rid of Elton John, the coral nipper. Also I got an iPhone so I can take a lot of pictures, upload them easily, and they look better than they do with my real camera. So be prepared for a lot more updates/fun shots!

Here we go!

1476695_10100775879119300_651279707_n.jp

My best shot of this tank yet. The pagoda cup is a beautiful color and I love how it waves in the flow from my mp10.

1514608_10100775879099340_792934317_n.jp

The favia with the feeder tentacles out. I had fed the tank about 15 minutes before and I guess it sensed the food so I spot fed it and got a few snapshots. (Also pardon the chaeto, I took it off after it ate :blush:)

1526770_10100775879104330_1175382239_n.j

1461299_10100775879124290_483767368_n.jp

It's a little blurry but still looks nice.

1511049_10100775834443830_500749830_n.jp

Inside my "in tank refugium" Look at Lalani's red people eater :D

994678_10100775832113500_782438201_n.jpg

Full tank shot with my blue turned all the way down.

1461815_10100775832083560_767766766_n.jp

Rock anemones with the tiny newbie that I love. It has smooth fingers <3

1512624_10100775831849030_746108305_n.jp

The zoanthid/palythoa garden. Notice the green birdsnest frag? It was a cheap frag from the LFS ($10 ORA frag whattttt) and it's starting to color up really nicely. It had bleached out quite a bit at the store.

988428_10100775831829070_130296635_n.jpg

Side FTS. The frogspawn is huge, and the hammer is getting larger :D

1521591_10100775831834060_993296212_n.jp

Right side FTS. Sponge and yellow tipped clove polyps and my hulk green clove polyps. And ricordea/mushy side.

1524984_10100775832093540_988410553_n.jp

Top down shot of frogspawn/hammer/sinularia

Going to load the videos to Youtube and then I'll post them here. Ty for looking.

It looks awesome!!!! Everything is filling in so beautifully!!!! Now I'm really sad I didn't get two firefish. Yours hang around each other?????

Great video too. You can turn your phone sideways to get a full screen video, for next time. Since you'll be posting a lot of pictures and videos now :).

Archived