Pod Your Reef

Opaquelace: Lalani photo dump time June 2014

opaquelace

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IMy first clownfish hosted a tupperware for frags in my 12 gallon.

:lol:

Top of the scape. It will hopefully be covered with SPS colonies like metrokats tank soon enough. I need to kill off all the blue cloves though.
:wub:

Everything took off in my tank when the parameters were stable. Fragged corals especially SPS can take upto a year to stop stressing and get comfortable. I have a millepora that has been with me over a year that is still very stressed and won't grow or anything. It is healthy, PE and all but just won't grow. And then there is the subulata that is peeking through the waterline growing very well.

Right? What a weirdo.

Kim Clark photo dump time!

Seriously awesome and natural looking tank op and kim you captured it beautifully!

opaquelace

:lol::wub: Everything took off in my tank when the parameters were stable. Fragged corals especially SPS can take upto a year to stop stressing and get comfortable. I have a millepora that has been with me over a year that is still very stressed and won't grow or anything. It is healthy, PE and all but just won't grow. And then there is the subulata that is peeking through the waterline growing very well.

My bonsai grows very fast, and not just encrusting. It's branching off left and right which is exciting. It's been in the tank for 5/6 months? I think. I have a frag from Kim that's been coloring up but it hasn't grown very much. Encrusting has picked up though. It did color up a lot so maybe now that it's at that point it will start to grow up and out. It was a very tiny frag. Maybe 1/2 inch. I don't mind the slow growth either. The whole appeal to reef tanks is the nurturing it takes to get the coral to a healthy colony. I'm starting to make a list of SPS I definitely want. Kim should be bringing me some Bird of Paradise birdsnest and some spongodes as well as some red monti cap soon. Gotta see if the montipora will make it. I have horrible luck with monti caps.

Oh hey, Cam, look what I did a few minutes ago.

IMG_0788_zps2240149d.jpg

Woowoooo!!

Also wanted to tell you I found an old abandoned house you should photograph. It's at the very end of Moss Street I think. Maybe next time you're at my house I can take you to show you.

Woowoooo!!

Also wanted to tell you I found an old abandoned house you should photograph. It's at the very end of Moss Street I think. Maybe next time you're at my house I can take you to show you.

That'd be cool :D

A couple of hours later and they're looking pretty happy :)

http://s695.photobucket.com/user/Lalani7/media/IMG_0801_zpsd72f8c57.jpg.html'>IMG_0801_zpsd72f8c57.jpg

http://s695.photobucket.com/user/Lalani7/media/IMG_0798_zpsebe5207b.jpg.html'>IMG_0798_zpsebe5207b.jpg

http://s695.photobucket.com/user/Lalani7/media/IMG_0799_zps98050e0b.jpg.html'>IMG_0799_zps98050e0b.jpg

Awesome tank. That spong adds so much to the tanks look while being relatively small. How are you keeping it alive?

Edit: It looks like its gone in the last two fts. But still. You kept it for a good while! Thats pretty impressive.

Awesome tank. That spong adds so much to the tanks look while being relatively small. How are you keeping it alive?

Edit: It looks like its gone in the last two fts. But still. You kept it for a good while! Thats pretty impressive.

It was actually still alive and growing when I put it in a 4 gallon tank but it didn't like te 4 gallon. I'll probably order another though. They're so bright and fun.

It was actually still alive and growing when I put it in a 4 gallon tank but it didn't like te 4 gallon. I'll probably order another though. They're so bright and fun.

Did you spot feed it?

Did you spot feed it?

I'd always hit it with the turkey baster when I was feeding the tank. I always switch up my frozen food but it's usually a general type food where it has a little bit of something for every inhabitant.

• 2 weeks later...

So, apparently a trip from Kim means a huge tank overhaul in the weeks after the photos come in. I guess I see what's wrong and decide to tweak it. Anywho, lots went on today. I've had a huge problem dealing with those pesky japanese purple clove polyps. They spread like wildfire and killed some of my palys/zoanthids. Most of them got epoxied over, some still need to be epoxied over, and the rock with the biggest infestation, along with some brown polyps I didn't want anymore, got taken out of the tank and replaced. It was a huge overhaul but I feel like I have a brand new tank on top. Lots of room for SPS and other things. Definitely room for a pretty Miami Hurricane chalice now!

10557444_10101033463553030_3850979668943

Chalice? : omgomgomg: :wub:

Yes, I want a miami hurricane, Noah wants a mummy eye. I think I'm going to win this one (I usually do).

• 3 weeks later...

10387204_10101060401030110_6991503329058

Coloring back up so nicely! Taking a while but it will be back to normal in a month or so I think.

10557234_10101060401040090_3788680357448

New green millepora colony. Was a good deal, I'm excited about it :D

10494704_10101060401035100_3146187266970

The tang, always in the way because she's Miss Piggy.

• 1 month later...

Archived