Innovative Marine Aquariums

Opaquelace: Lalani photo dump time June 2014

opaquelace

Oh, here's the little acro frag I'm bringing ya. Its pretty small, but it was a piece that Scott at Cajun Aquatics accidentally broke off when he was fragging my piece. Its growing quickly though! You can see its encrusting the glue and I only glued it a couple weeks ago.

IMG_7830_zps08a96c56.jpg

This thing is turning a bluish/purple with bright green tips! So exciting :D

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10155875_10100919282103570_3265367925792

This piggy comes out of her hidey hole everytime I feed the tank with rods. Otherwise you'd never know she was there except for the click click from her shrimp.

This thing is turning a bluish/purple with bright green tips! So exciting :D

Forrealz? Pictures!

Great additions, girl. I figured you took a trip to AH when I saw the pics. :P

About time you got a test kit! Start dosing to get that alk up, especially now that you've got sps pieces.

Yea we had them test the water there just to make sure and good thing too. I tested it today and it wasn't too bad. Calcium was high right at 450 and alk was at 8.4. Brian said to keep it between 9 and 10. I think I did the magnesium test a little wrong too. I figure with everything growing and accumulating more things will deplete the levels faster so dosing is probably more necessary now than it was before. If we dose we need a kit too...and I'm totally not prepared to lose everything or even a few things because we don't dose or have a kit to use if we need to. You should see the new acro piece we got in person too. It's pale pink polyps with super bright neon yellow tips. I love it. And my new fishies too. I think we've gone a little fish tank crazy in the past few weeks. We need to stop lol.

Also, you know I'd totally take some pictures but it would just come out a blur. It's not totally obvious in a camera (aka my iphone) yet but it's definitely like a periwinkle blue color and getting super green on the tips.

Forrealz? Pictures!

Great additions, girl. I figured you took a trip to AH when I saw the pics. :P

About time you got a test kit! Start dosing to get that alk up, especially now that you've got sps pieces.

Got a picture! Lol. I stuck my phone in the tank to get it too. Don't worry I have a Life Proof case lol. That's the only way I could get a good picture, and it's blurry but the color is there!

10172778_10100920697681740_4456104163292

10172751_10100920697686730_9033096610793

From the top and from the side. I'm so happy that everything seems to be coloring up. Also I knocked a tiny piece off my yellow fuzzy and I'm going to try and see if it will encrust and grow and if it does you can have it :D It's tiny too...like maybe 1/3 the size of that frag. The polyps are out right now though I just need to super glue it to something so it doesn't float away.

My fishies are liking the new "front lawn." It's much larger now :D

10338328_10100923318439720_6053848206407

Also my rainbow zoanthids. The pink ring is getting much brighter.

1966939_10100923318434730_53216685610717

1277172_10100923343100300_84721342734710

Definitely needs more fuzzy sticks. Two of those frags were freebies from Lani. The bonsai and the one that I think is a candlelight acropora. The ORA frag that is more like a mini colony (seriously) is the first SPS other than a monti that I have purchased. Next on the list are tricolor millepora and borealis acropora.

Looks great opaq

Thanks :) Can't wait to get Kim over here to take more epic photos lol. But I gotta make a few frags for her first so she doesn't just come over here for nothing. I like our take photos/give frags deal :D

Nice colors on the zoas. Needs more fuzzy sticks!

Also, once we starve out the suspected monti eating nudibranchs we're going to put some pokerstar monti and some sunset monti on the back glass. So...that's exciting!

I like the new scape!

Thanks :) Can't wait to get Kim over here to take more epic photos lol. But I gotta make a few frags for her first so she doesn't just come over here for nothing. I like our take photos/give frags deal :D

Oh psh, you don't have to give me anything! I enjoy hanging out with the twins, lol. Just let me know when you're ready for more pics :)

waltersreef

Just found your tank thread. Beautiful... and great pictures to show it off.

I know this is going back a few months but wanted to ask about how you trimmed back your GSP. Did you replace them all together with a smaller colony? or somehow cut back/scrape off some of the growth from the rock?

The smaller patch you have now is nicely in balance with the rest of your tank.

opaquelace

Just found your tank thread. Beautiful... and great pictures to show it off.

I know this is going back a few months but wanted to ask about how you trimmed back your GSP. Did you replace them all together with a smaller colony? or somehow cut back/scrape off some of the growth from the rock?

The smaller patch you have now is nicely in balance with the rest of your tank.

My husband broke up the big rock with a hammer lol. Best thing to do is isolate it on its own island because it is a great addition to a tank it can just grow so fast and take over things too.

I like the new scape!

Oh psh, you don't have to give me anything! I enjoy hanging out with the twins, lol. Just let me know when you're ready for more pics :)

I like to :D I can't wait for you to see my tiny acro frag from you. I bought a view box to look at it and I just took some photos with my cell phone. Lookit!

10264490_10100930938509040_7002035317682

It's growing slowly but it colored up faster than the bonsai. The bonsai is starting to branch out more too. Definitely looks like that candelight acropora picture I showed you in PMs. So purdy.

I love this piece too which is from Aqua Hut. Our first acropora "frag" purchase :D

10246599_10100930938494070_4031643082221

I think I'm going to place my sunny D palys next to these since they look similar. I love these things. The rings keep getting pinker and pinker.

1548051_10100930938514030_36364928715941

10325642_10100930938499060_8769422231774And this thing. <3

Mmm you're right. That rainbow wellso of yours will look fine dine being next to glennr's red/white/yellow wellso. :)

opaquelace

Mmm you're right. That rainbow wellso of yours will look fine dine being next to glennr's red/white/yellow wellso. :)

I think so too <3 I can't wait until Tuesday lol

Can't wait to see the new wellso in your tank :happydance:. Those palys look like a rainbow paly that I have in my tank. They are one of my favorites! You have an awesome colony of them!!!!

opaquelace

Can't wait to see the new wellso in your tank :happydance:. Those palys look like a rainbow paly that I have in my tank. They are one of my favorites! You have an awesome colony of them!!!!

I saw that in my LFS zoanthid frag tank. $25. :D They're getting even more colorful as time goes by. My husband asked me, are you sure you want those? They look kind of bland. He's not saying that now! I said I know what those will look like crazy and I want them. They even have the curly fingers <3

opaquelace

Your acros look happy so hopefully they will turn into some really nice pieces. :)

I hope so too. Two of them were freebie frags from Lalani and one we bought from a LFS about an hour away. It's fun to watch them color up and grow.

Your cell phone pics are not that bad, they just need some touching up. I took your latest FTS and played around in a free program called Paint.net, which is not meant for photo manipulation, and was able to get something that looks pretty good.

post-76713-0-36769000-1400086118_thumb.jpg

What is the big fuzzy thing in front? Oh wow, Pavona. Mine has a long way to go yet.

opaquelace

Lets see that new wellso fluffed up! :)

It aint fluffed up all the way lol it's kinda mad still. I think the box got tossed around a bit because my green acan frag is mad too still.

Archived