SaltCritters.com

Opaquelace: Lalani photo dump time June 2014

opaquelace

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I definitely will! I'm actually thinking I'm leaning toward the white/pearlescent vinyl now. My sister says no to the vinyl period, but her style is much more organic than mine I find. I, however, like some glitter and sparkle lol.

• 4 weeks later...

561235_176013985883978_1864582021_n.jpg

The anemone I just ordered from reefgardener.net! Can't wait until it comes in. I will definitely be posting pictures.

561235_176013985883978_1864582021_n.jpg

The anemone I just ordered from reefgardener.net! Can't wait until it comes in. I will definitely be posting pictures.

Soooo pretty :wub:

Just a few FTSs to show the tank before I get my anemone in and my rics in. Anemone should be here by Thursday if Morgan gets her new boxes in tomorrow. The rics were shipped priority from KP Aquatics yesterday and tracking says they should be here tomorrow. I've always shipped priority with them and I've never had anything die on me, even if it's late. Anywho, here we go!

dsc01238xu.jpg

gdowipp.jpg

I'll have to ask my mom sometime soon if she'll let me toy around with her Nikon D70 with her macro lense.

For some reason my phone takes better pictures of my tank than my camera. Oh well, here they are!

0409131959.jpg

The lobo was a little miffed after I did my water change. Probably a little hungry. I fed it a big ball of thawed mysis right after this though. Should be fat and happy tomorrow when I get my ricordeas in :D

0409132005.jpg

The smaller starfish in the picture came to us shipped from KP Aquatics as an extra because I had ordered 1. I always have my stuff shipped priority, and this is the only time I ever thought something arrived dead. It took 4 days to reach my house, not the usual 2/3. When I saw it in the back it was just a jumble of broken legs and the center had the top part of it ripped out. I put it in the tank and saw a few nub twitches, and hoped for the best. Fast forward a few months later, his center is mostly filled in (the white spot is a small hole) and his legs are growing fast. Don't think he's tiny either. That purple one is just flippin' huge.

Another picture of my miracle starfish!

0409132006a.jpg

He's starting to come out for regular feedings now, but he quickly scrambles back into his hole when he's finished eating.

Looks mahvelous, dahling!!!! :happy: Where are you hoping the anemone settles in???? I can't wait :happydance:

What a happy ending for the starfish. You are such a great mom :)

Looks mahvelous, dahling!!!! :happy: Where are you hoping the anemone settles in???? I can't wait :happydance:

What a happy ending for the starfish. You are such a great mom :)

Thank you, thank you lol. The rics came in yesterday. two are glued to the rocks next to my other rics. I never realized how big the ricordeas I have had are. I have one that measures probably 4 inches across. The ones at 1-1.5 inches that came in look dwarfed lol. The colors are gorgeous though. The blue one came in and looks like a steel blue with a bright green mouth. Looks like this one:

DSCN6700_500_500.jpg

The anemone comes in today (should be expecting it around three) and I kind of want it on the shelf behind and to the left of the GSP and PSP.

My anemones came in! I got a freebie (maxi carpet) with my bubble tip anemone. I am concerned about my bubble tip though because she doesn't look very happy. The water was a little cool (probably around 69/70). It was in the box less than 24 hours so let's hope she's alright and just really, really mad. Her mouth is hanging open with some puke. :(

I emailed Morgan and hopefully she gives me good news. I've never had a bubble tip before, and I don't typically get stuffed shipped, so when it arrived chilly I was kind of surprised since I had it overnighted and it hasn't been chilly except for the past few hours. I have a picture. I'll be disappointed if she dies because from what I can see she's purdy :( Kind of a seafoam green with white spots and pink tips.

My lights aren't on yet so it was taken with a flashlight and it's blurry because it's from my phone...but here we go. I've seen mushies do this and they've made it but like I said...unfamiliar with bubble tips.

0411131227.jpg

Update: already looking better in the warm tank water. Fully acclimated to the water and is now in place secured by some mesh. Also, holy shit it's green and pink!

Here's a crappy cell phone pic. The maxi nem is kind of hard to see, just look for the orange spot lol. It's fully attached already and looks really great. The bubble tip looks happy and bubbly too. It looks like it's trying to wedge its foot in a crevice so it's kind of distorted atm.

I will get better pictures tonight with my camera once it is fully charged and ready to go.

0411131527.jpg

Awesome! Can't wait to see it settled in.

Yo girl nothing to worry about. BTA's look like hammered shit when they show up. Most of the time they look half dead mouth gaping etc. best thing to do is acclimate it and place it in a rock crevice or hole. It will pull into the hole or crevicd. Now don't be surprised if it stays out of site for 2-3 days. Once it looks happy and you like the spot try and feed it krill or a meaty food. They usually will stay put once fed. Shoot me a PM if you need anymore help. That BTA is sure a beauty.

Update: already looking better in the warm tank water. Fully acclimated to the water and is now in place secured by some mesh. Also, holy shit it's green and pink!
Secured by mesh? Don't try to keep it in a spot let it wander. It will cause more stress by doing that. I smell a BTA dominated tank very soon. :)

Yo girl nothing to worry about. BTA's look like hammered shit when they show up. Most of the time they look half dead mouth gaping etc. best thing to do is acclimate it and place it in a rock crevice or hole. It will pull into the hole or crevicd. Now don't be surprised if it stays out of site for 2-3 days. Once it looks happy and you like the spot try and feed it krill or a meaty food. They usually will stay put once fed. Shoot me a PM if you need anymore help. That BTA is sure a beauty.

Secured by mesh? Don't try to keep it in a spot let it wander. It will cause more stress by doing that. I smell a BTA dominated tank very soon. :)

The mesh was covering a larger area of rock and there was about 1-1.5 inches of space between it and the rock so it had room to roam...which it did. It started to move against the mesh so I removed it. It's burying its foot in a crevice now. Also, it's even more spectacular in person. Almost a seafoam green with white spots. I've never seen another one like it, aside from the bunches Morgan had that I'm sure she's selling out of quickly.

Ok, HUGE picture update coming....

nao.

FTS for April 2013:

dsc01274j.jpg

dsc01292z.jpg

One with more blue, one with more white. I still don't know how to work my camera. Boo.

Also, my GSP and PSP! PSP courtesy of Lalani:

dsc01276v.jpg

Side view of the new bubble tip anemone from reefgardener.net with my firefish blocking the way.

dsc01264w.JPG

Top down view of the new anemones! I got a maxi mini carpet in the mail along with the bubble tip! Great surprise! I'm amazed at how accurate the colors are from Morgan's photos to my tank. If anything it's even more green and the tips are even brighter.

dsc01262.JPG

My rhodactis shrooms!

dsc01282kc.jpg

And...that's all I feel like posting for now lol. I've got plenty more that I'll update in a bit.

slippy steve

looks awesome! love the bubble tip speckles. you need to find the setting on your phone that makes the colors pop. its the cloud setting on my phones camera.

love the rhodactis too. i like them, dumpster rhodactis are the best. all blue and purple and speckled.

speckled is the word of the night. im drunk,

It's kind of moving backwards to the side of the rock in a crevice, but I think it will move back into the light. It's a fast mover.

And totally moved lol just checked. But it's huge now...about 4" across...compared to the 1" it was when I unwrapped it.

Archived