Top Shelf Aquatics

Elton John is a jerk, can my favia be saved?!?!

opaquelace

So, like the title says, Elton John is a jerk. Elton John is my starry blenny. We've had him for a few months, he gets fed regularly and I see him grazing plenty on the back glass, the rocks, etc. We have a veggie flake that he eats, and he eats cyclopeeze as well. On Tuesday I got an order in from Morgan at Reef Gardener with my firecracker favia (weeeee!). Well Wednesday I noticed it looking a little miffed. The red wasn't as red, and the skeleton looked close under the tissue. It wasn't showing (it wasn't bright white) but it wasn't healthy and plump like it was. Thursday it looked the same, no worse, no better...this morning a small piece of skeleton shows around one of the mouths. I decided to do a hefty water change (8 gallons). I thought it might be a nutrient problem but my water has tested fine and all my other LPS is doing well. Fast forward to me JUST NOW looking at my tank and what do I see? Fat ass Elton John taking a nibble off the damn thing. He has been put in the chaeto basket (bad fish jail) while he awaits transport back to the LFS. Is there hope for my favia? My water params are good, it was very healthy upon arrival, it's just been nipped at in a few spots. Can I expect it to heal? I hope so. This thing is a beauty!

Favia can be saved Gurl! I sent you a pm :).

:D Well Elton John broke out of jail so the favia is now in the chaeto basket. It's a low flow, fairly shady area where it can't be bothered by fish, sand, crabs, etc. And I can monitor it better for nighttime feeds.

Archived