Pod Your Reef

The Unofficial WalMart Pico Contest

streetsong

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm on the hunt for Halimeda incrassata and Penicillus capitatus. (aka money plant and pencil cap or shaving brush (?) ) for the lettuce nudibranch's. Either that or introducing some bryopsis to the tiny tank. :o

I've also been spending way too much time looking at 2-3 gallon glass tanks, dreaming for a clear unscratched tank. ;) And wondering what kind of typhoon conditions this future tank would have with an AC 50 on the back.

I wish I had gone into this using filter floss to clean the sides, it really has made a difference in the amount of scratches.

The only update I have is that Im in this Months contest for POTM, please vote for my mandarin. Picture is called Draco plays peekaboo, you can see it in my signature.

http://www.nano-reef.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=585

I switch the macros in the pico every other day or so with macros in the RSM, hopefully transporting pods for Dracos lunch in the process. :)

My own nutrient export thing going on.

Thanks everyone.

Yeah, you're annoying.

Kazooie what happened to your contest tank? And what's happening with your photography?

Other contest, and I still updated that thread every now and then.

Just a couple of days to get your FTS shots posted to the March thread, everyone. I feel like excitement may have dropped off for our contestants a bit now that we are in the thick of it. How can we amp it back up?

Just a couple of days to get your FTS shots posted to the March thread, everyone. I feel like excitement may have dropped off for our contestants a bit now that we are in the thick of it. How can we amp it back up?

I got mine in....I only saw 7-8 tanks in the March Tank Shot Thread....are we loosing that many people??? Here I was thinking I didn't stand a chance to take home a prize, but its looking better and better every month (plus, I feel my tank is actually coming along well....most of my zoas started off as only a few polyps and are growing pretty well). Common people...get em posted, only a few hours left!!!!! I don't want to win by default!!! :P

Happy Sunday contestants and also people who were contestants but missed the deadlines and still maintain this pico.

It is about 6 months into the contest and it is time to consider changing out the bulb in your Tom's Deco Kit2.

Our sponsor Micro Reefs stocked up just for this day!

And with summer ahead you might want to consider a micro chiller. Remember you can add new equipment till June 1st (Correct me Streetsong and Guppy) so take advantage now.

Happy reefing.

dang it .......i thought today was the last day ......i was out of town all weekend and just got home awwwwwwwwwwwww

so sad im not in it :(

wee luv daycare
PM streetsong, I'm pretty sure there is a grace period

Pretty sure we can let a few slide, it just won't be as fun without many contestants, come on people get those pics submitted and get with it!!!! Make it Happen!!!

Perhaps some mid-way rounds of voting on random topics (a few prizes helps, but even just voting in general would be fun).

Just a random idea, could probably make a list if people were interested..... Then open it up to the nano-reef public to vote

tried to pm streetsong but no answer

Same here i would like to know if i am still in the running i will be away for a few more days had to run last minute but will upload a picture as soon as i get home. I pmed streetsong about emailing him a picture as thats all i can do from my phone but no answer or reply.

Any info would be great

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Sorry for being out of contact, just a busy time of year at work. I will post the April FTS thread in the morning and pm everyone to hopefully boost our motivation. Let's keep this thing going!

Oops, was waiting until the last minute to take and post new pics and forgot. I put some up today. Probably out of the contest but wanted to get something up.

michael P

sorry i am out all who entered i kinda lost interest in the contest it was not very exciting and the size restrictions sucked

• 4 weeks later...

Archived