SaltCritters.com

$ Pit

saltwatercoral

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the the LPS/softie comment. with the setup you have those would be 0 maintenance as well. As far as the coral inserts...well, they're not going to be very popular on this site. Bottom line is if your happy then that's what matters. I your not then your missing out on what this hobby is all about. For me anyway.

You should definitely just throw some cheap zoas in there and let them grow out. No worries!

• 3 weeks later...
saltwatercoral

I decided im going to get some soft corals today!!! The wife loves the fake stuff but I hate it. So I will be adding some zoas, mushrooms, GSP, zenia.... Im picking up some Zoas today to start off with, just though I would try to readeam what every I can back out of my tank, LOL

Awesome Decision! Let me know when your looking for anything. I have tons of corals in the catagories your looking for now. Especially Zoas!! let me know man!

saltwatercoral
Awesome Decision! Let me know when your looking for anything. I have tons of corals in the catagories your looking for now. Especially Zoas!! let me know man!

Pmed...

I decided im going to get some soft corals today!!! The wife loves the fake stuff but I hate it. So I will be adding some zoas, mushrooms, GSP, zenia.... Im picking up some Zoas today to start off with, just though I would try to readeam what every I can back out of my tank, LOL

Thank goodness!

saltwatercoral
Thank goodness!

Yea I know....!

I hug you but I'm not that kind of dude.

FYI-You can still have pests with soft coral. DON'T GET DISCOURAGED! GL!

LOL, I will try not this time. Im just going slow and getting some easier corals to take care of now.

saltwatercoral

Alright peoples, I did get some smaller frags yesterday. I got 7 frags of some Zoas, acans and xenia. Here are some pics.

Xenia

IMG_2670.jpg

acan lord

IMG_2669.jpg

acan lord

IMG_2668.jpg

Favia

IMG_2667.jpg

Zoa

IMG_2666.jpg

Zoa

IMG_2665.jpg

Pics of the names...

IMG_2664.jpg

saltwatercoral

The guy I got it all from has the best tank I have seen by far!!! Its a 300g tank (total water volume is just over 400gallons!) and its all mainly sps! Ill post a few pics. These are IPhone pics so it washes the colors out but you can get the idea! He mainly has all Jason Fox corals in his tank because he is a good friend of his.

300 gallons of awesome!

IMG_2659.jpg

IMG_2662.jpg

IMG_2661.jpg

IMG_2660.jpg

2 160gallons (each) water tanks, one is fresh water and the other is mixed...!

IMG_2663.jpg

His pluming is incredible. He can change out his water in about 20 min with just turning leavers on his plumbing on or off!

saltwatercoral
Sorry I didnt send any pictures yesterday. It was my wifes Birthday and we didnt get home until the lights were off. Ill get some today for you.

No prob

The guy I got it all from has the best tank I have seen by far!!! Its a 300g tank (total water volume is just over 400gallons!) and its all mainly sps! Ill post a few pics. These are IPhone pics so it washes the colors out but you can get the idea! He mainly has all Jason Fox corals in his tank because he is a good friend of his.

Wow quite a set up indeed ... is there a link to his site or to a video of that tank ?

I def will! I did grab one picbut it was the best I could get so I will post it for ya. Its def not the best but, it is better then nothin!

You can see it next to my cleaner shrimp for a size comp.

ElephantSlug.jpg

So what did you end up doing with him if I may ask?

saltwatercoral
Wow quite a set up indeed ... is there a link to his site or to a video of that tank ?

So what did you end up doing with him if I may ask?

Mr Slug (aka Elephant slug) is still here and he comes out at night when the lights are off. He is still going strong! He is a great cleaner!

Mr Slug (aka Elephant slug) is still here and he comes out at night when the lights are off. He is still going strong! He is a great cleaner!

No signs of him eating Zoas as some reported ?

saltwatercoral
No signs of him eating Zoas as some reported ?

Its not even been 1 day yet so only time will tell. Never knew that they did that...! Yikes, I need to keep a close eye on that guy now, thanks for the heads up!

Its not even been 1 day yet so only time will tell. Never knew that they did that...! Yikes, I need to keep a close eye on that guy now, thanks for the heads up!

Yes do so IMO as there were reports on others threads that someone (just one) had seen them on Zoas and other corals but I am not sure whether it was the same Scutus as you have, but keeping an eye on them cannot hurt indeed

saltwatercoral
Yes do so IMO as there were reports on others threads that someone (just one) had seen them on Zoas and other corals but I am not sure whether it was the same Scutus as you have, but keeping an eye on them cannot hurt indeed

Will do, thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...
saltwatercoral

I whent to "That fish place" today in PA and got my self some goodies. The list comprised of a bunch of junk.

4 Chemipure jugs

Rodi filters

4 filter socks

3 washable draw string filter bags

Bottle of Coral RX

Reef glue

Red sea calcium, magnesium and alkalinity test kit

!!!!Eshipps 300 pro sump!!!!

Frozen mysis shrimp

2 peppermint shrimp

1 red sea starfish

I Finaly upgraded to a much bigger sump for more room and I am going to modify it before I put it in so I can use the washable filter socks so I don't have to go through 1 a week at $10 a pop! That's what I'm

Most excited about! It will Actualy pay for itself in a year or less with me Not having to buy the recangular disposable filter socks through Eshopps.

I Test my water paremeters today and my levels are:

MG: 1320

KA: 8.4/3.0

CA: 400

Just some new updates. I'll post some pics tomorow.

I whent to "That fish place" today in PA and got my self some goodies. The list comprised of a bunch of junk.

4 Chemipure jugs

Rodi filters

4 filter socks

Bottle of Coral RX

Reef glue

Frozen mysis shrimp

2 peppermint shrimp

1 red sea starfish

I Finaly upgraded to a much bigger sump for more room and I am going to modify it before I put it in so I can use the washable filter socks so I don't have to go through 1 a week at $10 a pop! That's what I'm

Most excited about! It will Actualy pay for itself in a year or less with me Not having to buy the recangular disposable filter socks through Eshopps.

That's only 40 minutes from me. I would have met you there. That's one of my LFS's.

4 Chemipure jugs

Rodi filters

4 filter socks

Bottle of Coral RX

Reef glue

Frozen mysis shrimp

2 peppermint shrimp

1 red sea starfish

Gee ... you sure stocked up on supplies.

I used to go there when my business was still in CT but that was in the 80's :-)

Hurry up and cover all that plastic coral with coralline already.. might actually look a little better ;). Glad to see some corals going back in. Stick with the softies and some LPS that like the dirtier water and you'll have a lower maintenance reef that looks sick! Throw some waving hand anthelia in there and some finger leathers.

saltwatercoral
That's only 40 minutes from me. I would have met you there. That's one of my LFS's.

That place is Awesome! I'll she'd you and Casey a pm next time I go up!

Archived