inTank Media Baskets

$ Pit

saltwatercoral

I decided to start cultivating my own pods for my mandarin. So I went out today and got a 10g tank with heater, hood, LED lights, bubbler and "fake" coral insert that has a good amount of crevices and area for the pods to hide in and grow and multiply. Here is some shot of it up and running. I will probably go out tomorrow and get a 2 bottles...

The "LAB" is my RO/DI unit, 32g Brute for mixing and now added the pod breeder and other miscellaneous items. The "Red Sea Pro" salt was used but I am not using that salt any more. I just have it for a extra bucket...

Thelab.jpg

very nice :) but its time for you to change Stage 1 of the RO/DI ,its overloaded of sediments LOL

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
saltwatercoral
I really like your before and after pictures.

Thanks surgicalsense! Its def a work in progress. Now I am just letting everything grow out and see how things turn out! I have done some lookin into growing pods so I hope I can grow them and make my skiny manerderin fat!

very nice :) but its time for you to change Stage 1 of the RO/DI ,its overloaded of sediments LOL

LOL I saw that too. That can be a real problem. I once made a batch of water using old filters and had a host of issues. Now I run it for like 10-15 minutes to flush the filters, then make water. I do need a big ole trash can like that. And I really like your 'lab'. If I had the space I'd have that doin on as well.

You know...after posting here I checked my filters which I keep under the bathroom sink and they are NASTY! WTH?

Thanks for getting me to check, cause that's probably why I'm getting GHA and other crap.

saltwatercoral
You know...after posting here I checked my filters which I keep under the bathroom sink and they are NASTY! WTH?

Thanks for getting me to check, cause that's probably why I'm getting GHA and other crap.

Lol no problem! I'm here for ya!

saltwatercoral
it looks good

Thanks bluedevils6653!

I did go out today and get to bags/poutches of cultivating pods and some other junk. I now have them in the 10g pod breeder and in a few weeks I will be free of buying pods!

saltwatercoral

After doing more reaserch it looks like it's either one or the other. And for Manderins it looks like I'm sticking with the pods. I'm just playing the waiting game now and watching them grow.

saltwatercoral

I noticed my tyree seasons greetings monti not doing to good over the last few days. It had a white spot and now is spreading. I did a close inspection and... I found a montipora eating nudibranch. Aw man! I took the coral out because it was smaller and almost fully dead. So... Is there any shrimp or fish that will eat these things? Also if I get on of those lasers that can burn things can I use that to shine on these darn nudibranch's and kill them?

They are difficult to get rid of in a tank. I've used prolonged dips (30minutes to an hour) in Revive to help remove them. I repeated the dips several times. Manually remove as many as possible before dipping or while dipping. You won't find their eggs so it takes a few dips to fully kill them.

You may see some wrasses like a sixline eat them but they are more prone to eating flatworms.

Good luck.

man, are you selling your tank???? WHY? if you do I would love to buy back the clams from you. Please let me know. I hope you are not giving up because the montipora eating nudibranch.

Let me know

saltwatercoral
man, are you selling your tank???? WHY? if you do I would love to buy back the clams from you. Please let me know. I hope you are not giving up because the montipora eating nudibranch.

Let me know

LOL, Im not wanting to sell it. I just figured I would put it up on CL for a almost what I payed for it price and sell it as a package. If someone wants it they need to pay it (8k). I want a newer car and I realy doubt anyone will want a tank that cost that much but there may be that one. Its still a deal because I have about 10k in it now. I already had a offer on the tank, stand, canopy and stand but I want to sell it as a package. If it does sell Im going for a NICE nano from PICO.

LOL, Im not wanting to sell it. I just figured I would put it up on CL for a almost what I payed for it price and sell it as a package. If someone wants it they need to pay it (8k). I want a newer car and I realy doubt anyone will want a tank that cost that much but there may be that one. Its still a deal because I have about 10k in it now. I already had a offer on the tank, stand, canopy and stand but I want to sell it as a package. If it does sell Im going for a NICE nano from PICO.

oh ok lol if you decide to get rid of the purple clam Ill take it right away, the other one we can do a BBQ this weekend at your place and eat it LOL

WTH your selling your tank? The world is a crazy place.

+1? If you really want to sell it, you will have the best luck parting it out and doing bundles on things.

saltwatercoral
+1? If you really want to sell it, you will have the best luck parting it out and doing bundles on things.

Your right about parting it out, but I rather not sell it but was just curious more or less to see if anyone is interested in the setup as one complete kit. I much rather keep it and grow it all out to a nice mature reef.

saltwatercoral
Yea definitely a better idea. If you do part out I have dibs on the tank, stand, and canopy!

Sounds good, but if it's not Gina sell as a complete set then I don't think im going to sell

It. Even if I did I would prob turn around and get a bigger setup, lol.

Sounds good, but if it's not Gina sell as a complete set then I don't think im going to sell

It. Even if I did I would prob turn around and get a bigger setup, lol.

Yea I hear ya. I would do the same thing. Once I get a bigger house.

saltwatercoral
yeah why the #### is your tank on cl, and youre never going to get 8k just keep it

Your prob right, don't want to sell it. I was just curious to see if anyone would of been interested. I should take it off. I don't think I would have sold it even if someone was interested.

albertthiel

They are indeed very very hard to get rid of ...

Here is a link to a very good web page that gives you all the methods you can employ, natural and other ones. Really complete.

http://saltwateraquariumadviceblog.com/how...s-in-your-tank/

Albert

They are difficult to get rid of in a tank. I've used prolonged dips (30minutes to an hour) in Revive to help remove them. I repeated the dips several times. Manually remove as many as possible before dipping or while dipping. You won't find their eggs so it takes a few dips to fully kill them.

You may see some wrasses like a sixline eat them but they are more prone to eating flatworms.

Good luck.

Archived