inTank Media Baskets

$ Pit

saltwatercoral

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
saltwatercoral
Not Ich. Is it a growth or just a spot. I wouldn't worry.

This is good to know. :D I guess I will just let it take its time to work itself out. Thanks pschom!

saltwatercoral
How about a FTS? :D

Wondering about the clams... Strange...Pest snails?

I will get one tonight and post it up for ya! Its def strang with the clams. They didnt close up till the first night I started to dose my tank. I have looked at night and no snails. I even pulled the one from the sand bed that has its foot atached to a rock buried in the sand and I could see nothing... Im letting nature tak its course... It was opening up a day agao real nice in the early morning but now is closed up some. I will also try to test the water tonight to see what everything is at.

saltwatercoral
You still owe me an FTS!

LOL that is true. Ill post a few PICs of the entire setup as I have it now later on when I get home tonight.

saltwatercoral
You still owe me an FTS!

Alright Bello! Here are some wonderfull blurry IPhone FTS!

11D92D6C-B1E6-4305-B7CD-AF62F32F126B-1008-000000EA6C7D6530.jpg

C656CB7C-406D-445A-BD1E-9C92FFBD1B5D-1008-000000EA73A4C5BA.jpg

32F1C7A4-96EE-4A35-BCAA-E96DA2A63F91-1008-000000EA7A252146.jpg

C42C7204-331B-4BC5-9A1D-67C7C87274C3-1008-000000EA80B4574B.jpg

4794E158-8897-4637-9183-484C09481BE8-1008-000000EA8C26F6D1.jpg

All my acans have very nice extension to them!

5459133F-2C56-4C72-8C8A-D1B9DD851CC5-1008-000000EA9CF85B1C.jpg

You really weren't kidding about the blurry photo :D. Tried using the Pro HDR app for the iphone?

The aquascape looks good, haven't seen that before.

Can see a Naso & a Yellow. What else you got there?

saltwatercoral
Feed that acan.

I wish I had your fish budget.

LOL, I am just doin the best I can with waht I got.

+1

When I get a little extra I put some twords the tank and get some more corals and equipment...

FTS is looking good.

Thanks LongPig!

saltwatercoral
You really weren't kidding about the blurry photo :D. Tried using the Pro HDR app for the iphone?

The aquascape looks good, haven't seen that before.

Can see a Naso & a Yellow. What else you got there?

Ill have to try that app! Im getting the Iphone 5 here shortly so I think this will help, I only have the 4 right now.

I also have 2 clowns, cleaner wrasse, bicolor dottyback and a green spotted mandarin.

nice acan but are those fake jauns going to come out?

Yup! I already took out about half of the fake stuff already believe it or not! At the end of the month I am going to make a fairly large purchase of some colonies of acans and acros! Once this happens more of the fake stuff will be coming out!

Yeah, examine and dip the coral in Rx/Revive etc.

Still wondering about them clams... When was the last time you tested all the params? and what test kits did you use? Just saying that the tank should be well ready, when the acro's come in. Could provide a clue to the clams as well.

Oohh, the iphone 5 looks sweet, seems to have a great camera. Unfortunately, I pretty much make do with my wife's old phone, whatever that is at the time :D

saltwatercoral
Yeah, examine and dip the coral in Rx/Revive etc.

Still wondering about them clams... When was the last time you tested all the params? and what test kits did you use? Just saying that the tank should be well ready, when the acro's come in. Could provide a clue to the clams as well.

Oohh, the iphone 5 looks sweet, seems to have a great camera. Unfortunately, I pretty much make do with my wife's old phone, whatever that is at the time :D

I use RX now. I dip with a slightly larger consitration for a little longer and then dip one more time to be on the safe side. would there still need to be a quarentine time?

To be honest, quarantine is always better. Not always practical though. Dip should be adequate.

This is actually, why I have 2 systems, the mini-drop off, is my quarantine, though I'll admit it, I don't always follow the rules. Have had AEFW in the past (when I did not dip), not fun, so far more careful now.

saltwatercoral

Alright y'all, today is the day that I Finaly took all the plastic out! Nothin but %100 legit now! Now I def need to get some coral!

Alright y'all, today is the day that I Finaly took all the plastic out! Nothin but %100 legit now! Now I def need to get some coral!

Nice dude!

To be honest, quarantine is always better. Not always practical though. Dip should be adequate.

This is actually, why I have 2 systems, the mini-drop off, is my quarantine, though I'll admit it, I don't always follow the rules. Have had AEFW in the past (when I did not dip), not fun, so far more careful now.

Just out of curiosity how did you get rid of the AEFW ... that is usually not so easy to do IME, what did you use? Did you lose any SPS due to it and did it spread in the tank to other types of SPS's.

My tank was not packed with SPS, had a few pieces. I first noticed them on one frag, bite marks were very evident.

Dipped ALL the SPS from the tank in Rx, and moved them into my other big tank, except the one with the bite marks and a couple others that looked pale.

I didn't lose any pieces, and the original frag also recovered. Guess I was lucky that I caught it fairly early on.

So far, so good... This was about 3-4 months ago.

My tank was not packed with SPS, had a few pieces. I first noticed them on one frag, bite marks were very evident.

Dipped ALL the SPS from the tank in Rx, and moved them into my other big tank, except the one with the bite marks and a couple others that looked pale.

I didn't lose any pieces, and the original frag also recovered. Guess I was lucky that I caught it fairly early on.

So far, so good... This was about 3-4 months ago.

Yes it sounds like you caught soon enough to avoid any serious damage to the SPS ... Glad you got it under control ... are you sure though that it was AEFW ... as IME AEFW usually spreads quickly and is not that easy to get rid off and under control .., but since you are the one who saw them I have to assume that it was indeed what you say. Good you got it out of the system and that the one that was damaged recuperated.

Archived