ReefCleaners.org

$ Pit

saltwatercoral

saltwatercoral

I now have no plastic pieces in the tank! I also have now added a few pieces of base rock I just added. It doesn't look good at all right now. So I will need to add some more coral for more color. I only Har 14 frags right now, and by the end of the month I will hopefully have many NICE pieces! Can't say where they are coming from though, but I can't wait till the time comes! I also just washed my first set of filter socks today! They are on there last cycle and they look great! Here is a shot of the $ PIT as of right now!

9119D15C-03AA-4C0A-992F-6697A590839D-2653-0000034ECDA83441.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much better!!! You scape is pretty nice and could look really great filled in.

I'm pretty sure it was AEFW, come to think of it, I did lose one small A. Secale in the process. In any case, corals are doing fine now, and that's pretty much all that matters :D . I guess the fact that I had small pieces and was able to dip them well, and shift them into a different system helped, dunno...

saltwatercoral
Much better!!! You scape is pretty nice and could look really great filled in.

I'm pretty sure it was AEFW, come to think of it, I did lose one small A. Secale in the process. In any case, corals are doing fine now, and that's pretty much all that matters :D . I guess the fact that I had small pieces and was able to dip them well, and shift them into a different system helped, dunno...

Its def nice to have another tank to mov things into! My wife would kill me if I tried to get another tank :huh: Gald to hear this are going good!

Looking good. I still think you need more live rock. Get a couple of nice larger corals to fill out your tank. Once setup, loose the plugs on your frags and you will be looking even better.

Oh I'm pushing my luck with the wife... on thin ice. One more, and I'm in serious trouble..lol

Make sure you post pics of the frags you pick up. What you plan on getting?

saltwatercoral
Oh I'm pushing my luck with the wife... on thin ice. One more, and I'm in serious trouble..lol

Make sure you post pics of the frags you pick up. What you plan on getting?

LOL, good to know that Im not the only one!

Im planing on getting some more acans and acropora!

saltwatercoral

Picking up 2 large acan lord colonies tonight! Im not paying anything for them just trading my old sump and some Tropic Marine Pro reef salt!... I only recieved 1 pic of one of them and is very poor quality bit it looks ok...

I'll post some pics tonight of them!

EDIT: And yes I will def be dipping them into Coral RX (x2)

saltwatercoral

I got the 2 small colonies in the tank! They look pissed but I did a iodine dip and a longer more intense coral RX dip. They were super receded but looking a little more relaxed now. They didn't look puffed that much in this guys tank but he had them under direct MH. Both are lords and I'll stop talking and just post a pic of each one.

This one is a very bright pink

9C6F3570-5E1B-4D11-B9EA-336812F8F01A-6255-0000076077187118.jpg

this one has all kinds of colors

D51981B3-4001-4F3B-A841-D20586DB86EE-6255-000007606C6AE726.jpg

New corals look like they'll be bangin! Haven't gotten around to my filter sock mod yet, as a result (of my laziness) the rectangle sock was overflowing and i have salt spray everywhere from all the bubbles. Word of caution, as I was reading up about those drawstring socks, I ran across a thread where someone said that if the sock clogs you run the risk of overflowing your tank. The water won't be able to pass through the sock fast enough and you'll drain your sump and overfill the dt. Do you have a way for the sock to overflow just in case?

saltwatercoral
New corals look like they'll be bangin! Haven't gotten around to my filter sock mod yet, as a result (of my laziness) the rectangle sock was overflowing and i have salt spray everywhere from all the bubbles. Word of caution, as I was reading up about those drawstring socks, I ran across a thread where someone said that if the sock clogs you run the risk of overflowing your tank. The water won't be able to pass through the sock fast enough and you'll drain your sump and overfill the dt. Do you have a way for the sock to overflow just in case?

I've thought about that with the tank itself overflowing. I don't have a safety net so to speak in place but need to think of something... Thanks about the corals, I hope they turn out!

saltwatercoral
Nice acans, how are they coming along?

Fed them last night for the first time and today they are night and day different! The bright pink acan colonie is now deep red and def more puffed up! The other multicolor colonie is now a more vibrant and darker in Color and the mouths are a darker red! I could not be happier!

I'll post a pic here I'm a few min!

saltwatercoral

Alright here is some before and after shots and this is not even after haviong them a full2 days. Big difference, I cant wait to see what they look like in a few weeks or a few months!

Before

D51981B3-4001-4F3B-A841-D20586DB86EE-6255-000007606C6AE726.jpg

After

E65DC9A2-EC81-4C7B-B94C-951E41209A05-7642-000009378954625E.jpg

Before

9C6F3570-5E1B-4D11-B9EA-336812F8F01A-6255-0000076077187118.jpg

After

2A3395AE-E13C-4A2B-9D40-BD499A9D13B7-7642-00000937904011CD.jpg

And here is the begining to my 120 Acan Lord tank!

9775760A-3E3F-4B40-8607-C95C74B46AF0-7642-00000937827BF32D.jpg

saltwatercoral
This tank would be Bad azz with 8-10 BTA's swaying side to side I can see it now.

I would love to but never had any luck with them. Maybe now that I am dosing ai will try again!

What did u feed them?

I fed them "New Life Spectrum Marine Fish Formula 1mm Sinking Pellets" My other Acan love them and have been growing and a few have already split and formed new heads!

saltwatercoral
Looking much healthier! Are these Rescues?

No, the guy said he has had them for about 7 months but kinda looks like they needed rescuing! Looks like there doing good! I'll place them In there spots after about a week or so of feeding and lower light.

Yea, they looked to be in bad shape, but much better now. Should recover and do well, especially since you're feeding them.

Wish I could feed my LPS, but have too many aiptasia as is.....

saltwatercoral
Yea, they looked to be in bad shape, but much better now. Should recover and do well, especially since you're feeding them.

Wish I could feed my LPS, but have too many aiptasia as is.....

Thanks Bello! I hope you can get the Aiptasia under control! I hade a couple I saw in my tank a while ago and took care of them right away. I heard they can get out of control very fast.

That's the best thing to do. Kill the SOB's before they become trouble.

I had an Aiptasia garden before I redid the drop off. Still have 'em but not as bad. Need to find an aiptasia killing machine. Will probably try the zapper at some point.

Archived