Pod Your Reef

The Oceanarium Project: Imaginarium

Deckoz2302

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get in line :P I know candy and Ballz are ahead of me in line. I'm also thinning out my calupera if you want some fo free. It's not as pretty but it's excellent for nutrient export.

Looking good. Seems like your DIY LEDs are working well for you. How long have you had the Mandarin? Does he seem to be eating frozen or living off the land? I've had one for 4 months now and he's nice and fat but he's also in a 100+ gallon with lots of LR.

if they look REALLY BAD, take some of your water w/ some selcon and soak them for 20 min, then plop em in tank and give em some flow. vitamins will help it release its slime so it can start aerating its nutrient system with fresh tank water

And where were you when I got my Mr. Corals shipment? :angry:

Kat - Replied in your thread

Urbaneks - I've had the Mandarin since a week before christmas. It was an ORA pair - The female only made it 5 days. It has been an uphill battle with these ORA mandarins, They aren't pod hunters and they aren't eaters at all really. I've been persistent in spot feeding 2-3x a day but its only now finally starting to catch on with the male. The female was eating freeze dried cyclopeeze from my fingers - but she was to far gone...It was very upsetting as she was gorgeous and had such a personality. I feel as though I would have been better off with wild caught mandarins. I dose homebrewed phyto 2x a day and do a pod culture injection once a week(ive tried spot feeding but no luck) on top of both my refugiums. We will see how it continues, I don't have high hopes. However if I were to take the male to another tank It would just stress and pass, so I am staying as persistent and optomistic as I can about him

The ORA Spotted Mandarins seem to be hardier from what I've read. I tried a Mandarin in my nano and he just started going down hill after about a week. I ended up giving him to a friend with a 500g tank and he still has the fish today. I'm convinced that the best way to go is big tank with lots of rock. Mine hunts all day.

Gifs are pretty simple. B) take some video, import frames to layers, crop, color correction, text, scale down to load faster, save for web and devices. Then you just upload and embed like you would a picture.

SouthFlorida_Tron
hmmm I dunno if I like it

imaginariumani.gif

No shimmer

& I can tell the camera as moving, try and either hold the iPhone to the glass or use a camera on a tripod.

SouthFlorida_Tron
yep my skills suck haha

DOH i had my pumps off cause i was feeding...no wonder I didnt have shimmer...brain fart

Ya, get lights at peak and pumps on.... But if pumps were off, why was frog moving... It's not so much flow, but breaking of water surface so it makes shimmer

HA I was inspecting the tank as I was comparing the boxed out bottom frame and realized it has split another head, and looks like it has a baby coming out of the Largest head (one that split). WOW they really grow fast when you feed them myisis. :lol:

OH how did you go about getting the link to your thread imbedded into the pic?

Working on one now.

You know how you edit what the hyperlink says? You just put the picture in there instead.

OH! Damn I'm thinking it's way complicated! LMFAO

Getting to work now. :lol:

thanks ;) lol your sig has some bling with that gold text yo :D

Thanks!

I had to argue with PS to get it that way but it did what I wanted like a good little program. :lol:

Awesome animated sig, Brad!!!!!! I saw the first one. I like this one much better. The FS in the other one was doing a crazy dance :lol: Love the shimmer with this one too.

Archived