Top Shelf Aquatics

The Oceanarium Project: Imaginarium

Deckoz2302

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone is just jealous of the hellfreaky's beauty. Maybe they'll be like dogs and once they put each other in their place they'll be fine? lol

Now you gotta update your livestock list. I went back and read it and enjoyed all the names.

Yea hopefully it was just a warning lol...I think ima change the helfrichs name though alfred doesn't suit lol

Ethan - awesome signature dude

Yea hopefully it was just a warning lol...I think ima change the helfrichs name though alfred doesn't suit lol

Ethan - awesome signature dude

Well, it IS a different fish :P

Thanks. Thought I'd join the ranks cause this is the coolest forum I've been on. I was quite impressed with how it turned out given they are all cell phone photos B)

"Alfreda as a girl's name is pronounced al-FRAY-dah. It is of Old German and Old English origin, and the meaning of Alfreda is "elf" or "magical counsel". Feminine form of Alfred"

Helga makes me think russion nurse with a mustache. About to inject me with unknown drugs lol

Alfreda...magical council lol word

Poor fish! I bet it was the Female Clown, Mine is a butt hole to her male, but I have never seen her go after anyone else.

I bet all is fine you have the new top and the fish looks healthy. Don't worry, I bet they settle in fine.

Congrats on the new additions. They look beautiful. I'm sure in no time at all, this shrimp goby will look just a awesome as the last. I soak my fish food in selcon everyday. It certainly keeps them healthy, fat, and colorful :)

Hopefully the tail bite was just a one time warning!!!!! My clown did that to my firefish as well. No problems since though I wouldn't call them best buddies. The firefish pretty much stays away from the clownfish except at feeding time.

Its so weird cause she/he slept with the clowns...I hope it was a one time thing too..:crosses fingers: and yea I soak mine in selcon/garlic/phyto for 30 min or so while it thaws which also gives enoug time for the cyclopeeze to soak up water and sink vs floating at the top...cyclopeeze nutramar ova& oyster and spectrum pellets in every meal lol - frozen food gets fed every other day and gets changed between mysis bloodworms,spirula brine, brine, krill a whole cube at a time - 1/4 cube gets spotted to corals

oh....good idea!!!!! I'm going to start adding phyto and oyster feast to the mix too. I've only been feeding shrimp. I see them go crazy for spawns too so I'm hoping between those two and algae they are getting enough!!!!! I'm afraid to start feeding pellets again :(

oh....good idea!!!!! I'm going to start adding phyto and oyster feast to the mix too. I've only been feeding shrimp. I see them go crazy for spawns too so I'm hoping between those two and algae they are getting enough!!!!! I'm afraid to start feeding pellets again :(

Pellets got you your algae didn't it?....yea I only feed a little of them, probably 30 micro pellets(new life spectrum small fish) so not a lot...otherwise they just make me get diatoms like mad

surgicalsense

I toss a few in now also, feeds the hermits, certain snails ... Like I am tossing chow at them :P ... the pistol and YWG like them, too. Clowns still spit them out.

Its so weird cause she/he slept with the clowns...I hope it was a one time thing too..:crosses fingers: and yea I soak mine in selcon/garlic/phyto for 30 min or so while it thaws which also gives enoug time for the cyclopeeze to soak up water and sink vs floating at the top...cyclopeeze nutramar ova& oyster and spectrum pellets in every meal lol - frozen food gets fed every other day and gets changed between mysis bloodworms,spirula brine, brine, krill a whole cube at a time - 1/4 cube gets spotted to corals

You've got some spoiled fish.

Yea...my clowns,pistol, hermits, snails, sexies, goby all eat pellets...assessor only eats floating particulates same with the mandarin.

I found out who the helfrich hater is....when I fed a few minutes ago. It is the Assessor. If there is food in the tank, he is flared up more then I've ever seen before if the helfrich is within eyesight. I felt like a bad pet owner cause I flicked the glass several times when he would get near her....

As long as there isn't food - they're fine...so far anyway. There were no other bites in the tail throughout the day. However he did try to get her 3 or 4 times while there was food. Ugh, catching him to breeder net him for a few days is gonna be a PITA

Assessor is peaceful - but i read mixed thing about basselets and dartfish, assessors and firefish in particular. We also have to think how many fish have I added in what period of time...who was first(assessor) and also what has been the only fish smaller then him aside from the female mandarin that swims mid water column. He just need to be caged for a couple days w/ a pvc pipe in the breeder net and a day or so lights out so he cant see anything going on outside it....im sure it will be fine I just need to be careful when I feed, otherwise they swim by each other no problem...

The helfrich - which Brittney is insisting on calling "Moonbeam" haha has taken a liking to the cave under the left pilar which is beside the valley of the acan...And the Assessor stays under his overhang(the bridge of rockwork on right). Also the female clown and helfrich vibrate on each other....I think I got some interspecies hoohaaa goin on....

Tried to catch the assessor last few hours without luck...maybe I can trick it later

Hmm...I think my Female clown and Helfrich are just the opposite of gena's....they're like best friends, vibrating on each other lol..its kinda weird lol

Archived