Cultivated Reef

20gal Commerson's Angler Paradise

altolamprologus

altolamprologus
Those are crazy cool.

Aren't they? I've wanted one for a long time so I figured why not two? Male and female of course so they don't eat each other

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben
Well I should have seen that coming :slap:

Real goldfish, or goldfish crackers? Cause I thoroughly believe you would fill a tank with goldfish crackers.

Ok ok fine. I'm getting a PAIR of these

striatedangler.jpg

Sweet baby jesus, can't speak a word of english yet.

And kat, I'd certainly hope you wouldn't put a goldfish in a 2.5g tank. Goldfish crackers, yes. Nom nom nom. :)

Yay! I love striatus frogs! How big will you get them? You dont think They are pretty big for a 20?Also, how will you sex them? I thought it was impossible to tell?

altolamprologus
Yay! I love striatus frogs! How big will you get them? You dont think They are pretty big for a 20?Also, how will you sex them? I thought it was impossible to tell?

They're not that big. They can get up to 9 inches, but they more commonly stay around 4 inches. Males are more colorful and hairier than females. It's not a definite way of sexing, but it should work well enough. Most anglers are sexually amorphic, but luckily for me, that's not the case with striateds. I'm shooting for individuals about 2-4 inches in length. I want them to be smallish but still big enough to sex.

They're not that big. They can get up to 9 inches, but they more commonly stay around 4 inches. Males are more colorful and hairier than females. It's not a definite way of sexing, but it should work well enough. Most anglers are sexually amorphic, but luckily for me, that's not the case with striateds. I'm shooting for individuals about 2-4 inches in length. I want them to be smallish but still big enough to sex.

Interesting. Wouldn't territorial aggression be a problem? Also bioload? I'm sorry for the questions, just curious how your doing this.

altolamprologus
Interesting. Wouldn't territorial aggression be a problem? Also bioload? I'm sorry for the questions, just curious how your doing this.

I'm fully aware it's going to be a large bioload. I have a lot of sand, good rock, plenty of macro algae, and I'm planning on getting a GFO reactor soon. As for territorial aggression, it won't be a problem. Anglers are fine with others of the opposite sex.

Those are the coolest fish .......ever! Whare the heck are you gonna find those guys?

I have a really cool job that lets me get whatever I want :)

I got my new camera today. Since it takes a while to dry after getting wet, I figured I would give you guys a couple FTS first

001.jpg

002.jpg

All my eucheuma died a couple days after getting it, but I have a few other species on the way to help fill in the empty spots.

Got this guy today. It's a Philippine golden red feather duster

050.jpg

Damn that's gorgeous. I used to have a neon pink and a neon green duster years ago. Haven't found any like them since.

altolamprologus
Damn that's gorgeous. I used to have a neon pink and a neon green duster years ago. Haven't found any like them since.

Isn't it? I just knew I had to have it when I saw it. I've seen a couple neon green ones, but never solid pink.

• 3 weeks later...
altolamprologus

Here's my HH sun coral about a month after I got him (Feb 2012). He started out as a single tiny polyp the size of one of the baby polyps in the pic

hhsunfeb2012.jpg

And here he is today

244.jpg

Ooooh nice progress. :o

I like how they're all yellow and shizz. I like yellow. Never had it in any of my tanks though. Wasn't interested in LPS much. :(

Archived