Top Shelf Aquatics

20gal Commerson's Angler Paradise

altolamprologus

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tank is looking really nice. How are the carnations? I was thinking of getting one or a sun coral or a chili coral. Dammit I'm supposed to be done with coral!

altolamprologus
Tank is looking really nice. How are the carnations? I was thinking of getting one or a sun coral or a chili coral. Dammit I'm supposed to be done with coral!

The carnations are doing great. The darker one is looking a little droopy, but I don't think anything is actually wrong with him. The pink one is actually growing back polyps it lost from shipping so I take that as a sign it's getting enough food. Every reputable source I have found says they depend on phytoplankton so I make to sure to give them plenty of that and I have also found they go nuts for oyster feast. I wouldn't recommend a carnation as a starter NPS though. As far as NPS go, just about the only thing harder to keep alive than a carnation is a blueberry gorgonian.

I want that gorg!

Looks great!

Thanks :) I love that gorg. He's a pig and he has some new growth too

Guys, Alto's tank looks AMAZING!!

IMAG1249-1.jpg

Thank the Lord Alto has you to take some decent pics once in a while! You should stop by more often!

Love this tank!

Can you come over to mi casa and take some pics of my tank???

Love the tank! I like the Talbot's, I think they fit the tank perfectly. Clearly the yellow/bronze polyped gorg is just fantastic. I wish I had time for NPS gorgs, jelly.

Thank the Lord Alto has you to take some decent pics once in a while! You should stop by more often!

Love this tank!

Lol that was taken with my phone...

altolamprologus

Love this tank!

No napping my photographer!!

Yellow is my all time favorite color to have in a tank and I love all of it in yours mixed in with healthy green. It looks very fresh and I like it a lot. What plans are up your sleeve for this tank?

I was thinking about possibly removing the damsels and adding a couple pipefish, a seahorse, and a cute little female spotted mandarin that I have my eye on at the LFS.

Wow thats beautiful alto....any plans to add a seahorse or pipefish?

Thanks hype, it's nice to see you stop by here again. See above :)

Cool tank. :happy:

Thank you Lalani :)

Love the tank! I like the Talbot's, I think they fit the tank perfectly. Clearly the yellow/bronze polyped gorg is just fantastic. I wish I had time for NPS gorgs, jelly.

Thanks! I really like the Talbots but they're so aggressive that I can't add any other fish. You could make time for NPS gorgs. It's a lot of work keeping up with feeding but that yellow one is the easiest species to take care of so it's a good place to start if you decide to take the plunge.

altolamprologus
Coming to this tank next week:

IMG_1712.jpg

(not my or altos hand...)

IMG_1719.jpg

I had almost forgotten how sweet that macro is. I hope it arrives alive. Thanks babe :)

Just think. Btw are you free sometime this week to take pics?

I thought you got a camera?

BTW, the tank has really grown. I remember when it was like one macro and a sun coral colony, and now it's like a macro forest. You get a lot of nutrients/algae?

And when are you going to add another commerson's angler? The thread title is so misleading.

altolamprologus
I thought you got a camera?

BTW, the tank has really grown. I remember when it was like one macro and a sun coral colony, and now it's like a macro forest. You get a lot of nutrients/algae?

And when are you going to add another commerson's angler? The thread title is so misleading.

I have a camera but I still like having yoshii take high quality pics sometimes (which will hopefully be posted soon :D)

Thanks, I'm so happy with the way it looks. I used to have huge nutrient issues but after adding the sump and recently a GFO reactor I have don't have issues anymore. Plus I have more than enough macros to suck up nutrients produced from feeding the NPS.

I'm not gonna get another commersons. I might do a pair of striated anglers of I can find them but for now I think I'm going to get seahorses and pipefish. I'll get around to changing the title eventually :lol:

I'm not gonna get another commersons. I might do a pair of striated anglers of I can find them but for now I think I'm going to get seahorses and pipefish. I'll get around to changing the title eventually :lol:

What kind of seahorses? Dwarves are too small and erectus are too big.

altolamprologus
What kind of seahorses? Dwarves are too small and erectus are too big.

You know there's more than two species of seahorse :P I'm going to get a kuda pair

jedimasterben
Rhodopeltis

I googled it, but the only place I see calling something that looks like that 'rhodopeltis' is a hobbyist on Reef Sanctuary. Algaebase has rhodopeltis listed as looking like this:

Wernberg-Rhodopeltis-australis-seaweed.jpg

The stuff you put pictures of looks pretty much identical to pink galaxy that is receiving high light.

Archived