Pod Your Reef

20gal Commerson's Angler Paradise

altolamprologus

I will don't worry!

You're just realizing that now? I'm insane, always have been.

Just dry it off really good with paper towels. It'll be fine.

And maybe some for Joleen's fuge? So you can still get a handful or two

Haha I know

Ok guys thanks, I'll post pics of the porites and carnations

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
altolamprologus
And maybe some for Joleen's fuge? So you can still get a handful or two

Haha I know

Ok guys thanks, I'll post pics of the porites and carnations

Ok I'll leave plenty behind.

So...is this like a normal yoshii "I'll post pics" where you say you will but then 3 weeks later you still haven't? :P

Ok I'll leave plenty behind.

So...is this like a normal yoshii "I'll post pics" where you say you will but then 3 weeks later you still haven't? :P

Haha no, I'm going through them right now :P

But usually people should never believe me when I say that

altolamprologus
omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg You have no idea how excited I am to see those now. A couple of them are definitely coming home with me!!!

i love sargassum. my 40g is full of it that i got from the beach. its really amazing how full of life it is, when i put it in my tank i realized it had tons of pipefish, filefish, and frogfish. you should get a bunch alto. :)

altolamprologus
i love sargassum. my 40g is full of it that i got from the beach. its really amazing how full of life it is, when i put it in my tank i realized it had tons of pipefish, filefish, and frogfish. you should get a bunch alto. :)

I wish it was the same type. Yours is the kind that floats on the surface and washes up on the beach, The kind that I'm getting is the one with a holdfast and doesn't have all that life in it. I would love to have a biotope with just floating sargassum and all the life that's in it.

I wish it was the same type. Yours is the kind that floats on the surface and washes up on the beach, The kind that I'm getting is the one with a holdfast and doesn't have all that life in it. I would love to have a biotope with just floating sargassum and all the life that's in it.

i can send you some, it would have to be over-nighted though because of all the life in it. i think it would be pretty awesome though.

i think you would like my 40. it's a sargassum biotope. ill update my thread sometime so you can see it. :)

altolamprologus
i can send you some, it would have to be over-nighted though because of all the life in it. i think it would be pretty awesome though.

i think you would like my 40. it's a sargassum biotope. ill update my thread sometime so you can see it. :)

Thanks so much for the offer, but I can't start another right now. I literally have no space for another one :D But if I do end up setting one up, I'll take you up on that offer.

I'll be on the lookout for your thread :)

altolamprologus

I got carnations today!!! They came with tons of commensal hitchhikers :)

Brittle star

010_zpsf99744e9.jpg

Pistol shrimp. There's two but the other one was too difficult to get a picture of

011_zps20106e41.jpg

And an awesome little filter feeding crab (video)

th_016_zps1184601c.jpg

I'll take pics of the actual corals when they open up and look pretty.

P1020292_zps7bf53ffa.jpg

Here's the super awesome porites Kat :wub:

Hey Yoshii, I was looking at these again. Even though the picture shows lime green, your description said yellow?

Here is my yellow porites (it's a banana yellow color IRL):

IMG_9492.JPG

It came from this mother colony:

DSC_0316.jpg

So my question is if the porites you have in the store are yellow or neon lime green IRL?

Thanks

altolamprologus
Hey Yoshii, I was looking at these again. Even though the picture shows lime green, your description said yellow?

Here is my yellow porites (it's a banana yellow color IRL):

IMG_9492.JPG

It came from this mother colony:

DSC_0316.jpg

So my question is if the porites you have in the store are yellow or neon lime green IRL?

Thanks

I hope yoshii doesn't mind me answering for her. The porites are a little more yellow than they appear in the pic but not quite pure yellow. More of a chartreuse.

altolamprologus
That dendro on the far left is huge!

Yeah and it was half that size when I got it. There's a dime sized baby on the other side of it too :)

Archived