inTank Media Baskets

20gal Commerson's Angler Paradise

altolamprologus

jedimasterben

one of my lfs got in some anglers - they are black with orange spots, so the makes me believe they are either commerson's or warty. if it eats something, im gonna pull the trigger. :)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
altolamprologus
one of my lfs got in some anglers - they are black with orange spots, so the makes me believe they are either commerson's or warty. if it eats something, im gonna pull the trigger. :)

Black with orange spots is always a baby painted angler (Antennarius pictus). It looks like this right? I say go for it. Anglers are awesome little fish.

jedimasterben
Black with orange spots is always a baby painted angler (Antennarius pictus). It looks like this right? I say go for it. Anglers are awesome little fish.

I am going at 10AM sharp tomorrow to look at it, but it fits the description. They didn't specify juvenile, and I know some a. commersoni anglers can be black with orange spots (according to frogfish.ch), but it is one of those. Either way, I want it bad. :lol:

After the video of blobbasaurus nomming down that chromis, I was like WTFBBQ I NEED ONE.

altolamprologus
I am going at 10AM sharp tomorrow to look at it, but it fits the description. They didn't specify juvenile, and I know some a. commersoni anglers can be black with orange spots (according to frogfish.ch), but it is one of those. Either way, I want it bad. :lol:

After the video of blobbasaurus nomming down that chromis, I was like WTFBBQ I NEED ONE.

You should definitely get one either way. I can't even fathom how awesome my little guy is going to be when he's the size of a football and can swallow a mackerel (or possible a chicken) whole.

jedimasterben
You should definitely get one either way. I can't even fathom how awesome my little guy is going to be when he's the size of a football and can swallow a mackerel (or possible a chicken) whole.

:eek:

DO IT. DOOOOOO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I'll supply the chicken, of course. :D

jedimasterben

I looked at the site again once I got home (I was on my phone earlier) and you're correct - it is probably a painted angler if it is a juvenile, if it isn't, it may be a warty, as well.

Either way, want. The wife will absolutely, 118.6% NOT approve of it, but #### it, it's gotta happen. B)

altolamprologus
I looked at the site again once I got home (I was on my phone earlier) and you're correct - it is probably a painted angler if it is a juvenile, if it isn't, it may be a warty, as well.

Either way, want. The wife will absolutely, 118.6% NOT approve of it, but #### it, it's gotta happen. B)

I like that attitude! I also like your absurd choice of percentage :D

altolamprologus

Macros arrived today!!! I also brought home a new feather duster last weekend and two new sun corals today (they're all pissed off right now though). New vid to share the awesomeness....

jedimasterben
Macros arrived today!!! I also brought home a new feather duster last weekend and two new sun corals today (they're all pissed off right now though). New vid to share the awesomeness....

huzzah!

and go check out my waterfall thread! link in my sig.

Whoever came up with the common name "Flame Algae" for Halymenia has never seen that Eucheuma!! omgomgomg

The tank looks sooo nice! :wub:

Bongo Shrimp

Ok I'm sorry but I can't stand it. I appreciate being able to finally be able to see the tank but can we try to get a horizontal video?

iPod Nanos can't take horizontal videos.

Please don't hurt me? :flower:

Bongo Shrimp
Bongo, she's using her ipod nano, I don't think it can record the video that way

Ok I didn't know. :blush:

Never mind.

If I ever make it to CA I'm giving you a camera. Srsly.

altolamprologus
huzzah!

and go check out my waterfall thread! link in my sig.

I never post on that thread do I? I swear I read it on occasion :) I'll go check it out again

Whoever came up with the common name "Flame Algae" for Halymenia has never seen that Eucheuma!! omgomgomg

The tank looks sooo nice! :wub:

I'm hoping the eucheuma does well. I ordered it for the dwarf tank to test the theory about cooler water keeping it yellow, but I didn't think they'd send me so much!

Ok I'm sorry but I can't stand it. I appreciate being able to finally be able to see the tank but please:

howtorecordvideo.jpg

Please don't hurt me? :flower:

I have a 3 year old ipod nano (the very first one to come with a video camera). If it turn it sideways the video goes sideways...

Bongo, she's using her ipod nano, I don't think it can record the video that way

I can't :tears:

Ok I didn't know. :blush:

Never mind.

If I ever make it to CA I'm giving you a camera. Srsly.

Lol you couldn't tell from the quality?

I see an anonymously donated plane ticket in your future....

Bongo Shrimp
If it turn it sideways the video goes sideways...

I see an anonymously donated plane ticket in your future....

Should never have admitted you can take a sideways video. B)

Should never have admitted you can take a sideways video. B)

She means if she turned it sideways you'd have turn your monitor 90* to see it right :P

altolamprologus
She means if she turned it sideways you'd have turn your monitor 90* to see it right :P

^what she said

Bongo Shrimp
^what she said

Ok you win. I blame the forum for making it hard to describe certain things in text form.

Waiting for anonymously donated ticket. You got me.

altolamprologus
Ok you win. I blame the forum for making it hard to describe certain things in text form.

Waiting for anonymously donated ticket. You got me.

I actually have to follow through with that? Damnit how much do plane tickets cost? Can I pay them in coral frags and macros cuttings?

Bongo Shrimp
I actually have to follow through with that? Damnit how much do plane tickets cost? Can I pay them in coral frags and macros cuttings?

Wait no you don't. Instead get a camera :P.

Wait no you don't. Instead get a camera :P.

+999

Have you noticed how half the posts in your threads say,

"get a camera"?

altolamprologus
+999

Have you noticed how half the posts in your threads say,

"get a camera"?

I take donations ;)

• 2 weeks later...
altolamprologus
Alto's getting a camera! omgomgomg

Damnit yoshii that was supposed to be a secret. Oh well. So best buy doesn't have it so I checked amazon and the black one is $40 more than the colors. WTH?

Archived