ReefCleaners.org

Jacob's Elos Mini

Jacobnano

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice onyx, how about some more pics? ahah

Thanks! Haha we will see, the rest of the tank isn't as impressive :lol:

He look so young! I like it, is there a nem he hosting?

The clown isn't that young ha! Yup, that is a little RBTA that's hosting the clown :D

So purdy :)

I have never had an anemone that fish could host before...it's pretty darn cool :)

Awesome pics jacob

Thanks man! I was pretty happy with the first one actually. the second is very sharp, but shows the fact that I used a flash a lot more ha.

Deleted User 4
Thanks! Haha we will see, the rest of the tank isn't as impressive :lol:

The clown isn't that young ha! Yup, that is a little RBTA that's hosting the clown :D

I have never had an anemone that fish could host before...it's pretty darn cool :)

Thanks man! I was pretty happy with the first one actually. the second is very sharp, but shows the fact that I used a flash a lot more ha.

2 pictures of only showing partial of the onyx clown is not comparable and as impressive as the whole tank itself??? I think we got a problem here my friend. If anything it's the other way around ahaha. :D

2 pictures of only showing partial of the onyx clown is not comparable and as impressive as the whole tank itself??? I think we got a problem here my friend. If anything it's the other way around ahaha. :D

No way man, the tank is "meh" but the clown is awesome ha!

wow good shot jacob! i could see his boogers! lol

:lol: thanks man!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey - I am thinking about picking up the Elos Mini as well.

Any shots of the sump area? I cannot seem to even find a pic of it online anywhere.

Do you still think the elos mini is worth the money? It looks totally awesome. Any issues/upgrades you've had to make? Do you think the 20g is enough space? I've only started to read through your thread but will keep reading! looks great man.

• 2 weeks later...

This tank is chock full of inspiration for my new ELOS Mini. I've been gone from NR for a bit and finally having a chance to catch back up on some of my favorite threads. Congrats on your acceptance to those fantastic colleges/universities and congrats on a stunning reef.

Lastly, any suggestions that you can pass along for setting up the Mini? I'm going to take Lawnman's advice and rearrange the sump (also adding an EShopps S-120). A quick pic of the sump would be awesome as it's been a little like painting by numbers so far setting this thing up.

Is this tank going to travel with you to school or are you going to set something up wherever you settle?

-Adam

eddiecorrea

If you decide to sell the livestock when you go to school let me know Jacob. I live over in Seattle and would be more then willing to drive over to Yakima to pick some stuff up from you.

• 1 month later...
Hey - I am thinking about picking up the Elos Mini as well.

Any shots of the sump area? I cannot seem to even find a pic of it online anywhere.

Do you still think the elos mini is worth the money? It looks totally awesome. Any issues/upgrades you've had to make? Do you think the 20g is enough space? I've only started to read through your thread but will keep reading! looks great man.

I think there is a sump shot back somewhere in my thread. Or check out Lawnman's old Elos.

I really like the tank, it is the best made tank I have ever owned and looks beautiful.

Update the fts please????

Sometime I will :P

This tank is chock full of inspiration for my new ELOS Mini. I've been gone from NR for a bit and finally having a chance to catch back up on some of my favorite threads. Congrats on your acceptance to those fantastic colleges/universities and congrats on a stunning reef.

Lastly, any suggestions that you can pass along for setting up the Mini? I'm going to take Lawnman's advice and rearrange the sump (also adding an EShopps S-120). A quick pic of the sump would be awesome as it's been a little like painting by numbers so far setting this thing up.

Is this tank going to travel with you to school or are you going to set something up wherever you settle?

-Adam

Thank you very much!

Sorry this reply is so late but the sump is kind of random for me. I took out the piece of glass like Lawnman suggested and had that skimmer in there for a while. Then I decided to go with a refugium down there instead and used the open space to do that. It is really up to what you want to do.

I don't think any tanks will be going with my unfortunately. I will be studying abroad however, and hopefully that will be somewhere near the ocean and my own giant aquarium ;)

If you decide to sell the livestock when you go to school let me know Jacob. I live over in Seattle and would be more then willing to drive over to Yakima to pick some stuff up from you.

:happy:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Awesome tank man! I didn't know you set up a elos mini haha. It is so clean especially with the mp10 on the back. Great job as always!

Idk if I subscribed to this thread yet... so subscribed!

Thanks :happy: I didn't know people subscribed to my threads haha...

Update?

Not much yet, this tank has been put on the back-burner of life at the moment unfortunately.

Awesome tank man! I didn't know you set up a elos mini haha. It is so clean especially with the mp10 on the back. Great job as always!

Thanks! Yeah, that is what I really wanted to improve upon from my old 24g...I wanted something clean and sleek.

Status?!

I took some photos recently? :lol:

Archived