Pod Your Reef

Jacob's Elos Mini

Jacobnano

How is the tank doing?

Sorry about missing this! It is doing alright. I did a much needed water change today and my little Yasha is really loving it. The dendros are actually doing really well too!

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a little cloudy and stuff looked a little faded because I did a water change right before taking the picture :P

Yup!

Well the clam kicked the bucket sadly :( I came home from work one day and it was being cleaned out by a hermit.

Deleted User 4

Yup!

Well the clam kicked the bucket sadly :( I came home from work one day and it was being cleaned out by a hermit.

Ahh I see. It's all good. Just get a new one? Hhaha. Btw, are you still taking this tank down? That would suck but what can you do right? College comes 1st? Heh

Haha we will see what I do.

As for taking the tank down that was the original plan...but now it seems my parents are throwing around the idea of maintaining it.

Deleted User 4

Haha we will see what I do.

As for taking the tank down that was the original plan...but now it seems my parents are throwing around the idea of maintaining it.

Hmmm, that would be nice. And plus seems like maintaining the tank isn't too hard on you since there are no sps other than monti's? Those are hardy as hell, no worries.

Hmmm.

I have a few other SPS in there, a hydno, and an unknown acro in the back. The dendros are doing awesome and they would just require individual feeding like the anemones in my coldwater tank which can be easily accomplished. I think they may go for it! With the lights controlled, heater control, skimmer running, an auto top off, and one little Yasha the tank is pretty tough.

/famous last words.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Awesome tank. When does school start?

Thanks! I can't believe I haven't replied, my photography thread has completely distracted me. I start school again in September. I am in Greece now until August for an internship. I love it here.

Hello!
You made ​​some adjustment in the sump to install the skimmer? I'll buy the same model. Is he good?

Hi! I have a Tunze in the sump now and I did not have to make any adjustments to fit it in there :D

How are the tanks doin.

Good! How are you? I mean, I think they are well...I haven't really heard much about them from my parents so I don't really know about. How are you man? I will be back in Yakima in August!

Greece is beautiful. My Grandmother lived in Athens until she came over here in 1940. Unfortunately she never passed down the language to her kids. We do have a few yummy recipes though.

Greece is beautiful. My Grandmother lived in Athens until she came over here in 1940. Unfortunately she never passed down the language to her kids. We do have a few yummy recipes though.

It is beautiful! Oh really? Athens is a neat city. I just came back from there today! Oh I am sure, the food here is delicious.

What kind of internship are you doing in Greece? Interesting, :)

I am doing marine conservation (I am specifically monitoring juvenile fish species), it is pretty great actually :D

That sounds amazing. I'd love to do something like that as a career (in hs right now). But I know that the biology doesn't offer a lot in terms of job opportunity and good pay. If you love what you do it won't matter how much money you make though, so idk.

Deleted User 4

That sounds amazing. I'd love to do something like that as a career (in hs right now). But I know that the biology doesn't offer a lot in terms of job opportunity and good pay. If you love what you do it won't matter how much money you make though, so idk.

Well, if you major in biology for BA, you can actually go for med school after. That's big money right there.

lol I can't even imagine paying $30k a year for undergrad and then paying another $30k+ a year for med school just to maybe get a $75k a year job.

Archived