Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Jacob's Elos Mini

Jacobnano

Congrats on the colleges! Those are some great schools, let us know which one you are going to.

What were the IB classes you were taking? I remember you made a post about it a couple of months ago.

Btw I think I'm taking AP History next year.

Thanks! I was very surprised I got into them! I think I will be attending Middlebury :D

I was/am taking all IB courses. Junior year I took: IB SL Math, IB English HL, IB Spanish 3, IB Chemistry HL, IB Physics SL, and IB History HL. I also took IB Theory of Knowledge (Philosophy class required if you do full IB)

The course list this year is basically the same except physics was a one year course and the three is now a four for Spanish ha.

I would definitely recommend taking as many IB/AP classes as you can!

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man love the tank. Everything looks great!

Great schools. Vermont is gorgeous and so is Tufts campus.

Get on that!

In other news, I have heard from the last of my colleges. I have narrowed my choice to the following:

Middlebury

USC

Tufts

Davidson

I am really leaning towards Mid.

animalmaster6
Thanks! I was very surprised I got into them! I think I will be attending Middlebury :D

I was/am taking all IB courses. Junior year I took: IB SL Math, IB English HL, IB Spanish 3, IB Chemistry HL, IB Physics SL, and IB History HL. I also took IB Theory of Knowledge (Philosophy class required if you do full IB)

The course list this year is basically the same except physics was a one year course and the three is now a four for Spanish ha.

I would definitely recommend taking as many IB/AP classes as you can!

I don't think I could do IB classes lol. IB is higher than AP right?

Man love the tank. Everything looks great!

Great schools. Vermont is gorgeous and so is Tufts campus.

Thanks! This tank isn't where I want it exactly, but with time it will be...I hope! Ha.

Thanks! Yes, I was hoping for somewhere warmer than here in the winter months, but its worth it for quality of the education I would receive in those schools.

I don't think I could do IB classes lol. IB is higher than AP right?

I am sure you could! I don't know how they organize it at your school, but when you are a sophomore or freshman they offer honors classes. Do you have those? Honors classes prepare you for IB, which in turn prepare you for college ha.

They are just different. I think many say IB is more difficult because you go more in depth on the material.

animalmaster6
I am sure you could! I don't know how they organize it at your school, but when you are a sophomore or freshman they offer honors classes. Do you have those? Honors classes prepare you for IB, which in turn prepare you for college ha.

They are just different. I think many say IB is more difficult because you go more in depth on the material.

I'm taking all Honors classes this year (there is no AP for freshmen) and Honors then goes to AP. They say AP is a college level course and it prepares you for college. We only have AP, Honors, and level 1. Thought, Spanish is done completely different and there are like 5 different levels for language.

I'm taking all Honors classes this year (there is no AP for freshmen) and Honors then goes to AP. They say AP is a college level course and it prepares you for college. We only have AP, Honors, and level 1. Thought, Spanish is done completely different and there are like 5 different levels for language.

How are you doing in all honors?

Yup, same theory for IB, college prep/college level course. My school follows the same system except the level one and language thing.

animalmaster6
How are you doing in all honors?

Yup, same theory for IB, college prep/college level course. My school follows the same system except the level one and language thing.

Pretty good. I've been able to maintain all honors so I think I'm doing at least one thing right :lol: I'm close to getting a 79 in Honors Bio tho. It's gonna be close to see if I make the B- or not. fingerscrossed

Ah I see, it's basically the same thing.

Hello Jacob,

Hope all goes well with you buddy, Congrats on the school! Once again everything is looking good your way man.

best regard

-david

Pretty good. I've been able to maintain all honors so I think I'm doing at least one thing right :lol: I'm close to getting a 79 in Honors Bio tho. It's gonna be close to see if I make the B- or not. fingerscrossed

Ah I see, it's basically the same thing.

Okay if that is your worst grade I think you will be fine in AP! Colleges like that you challenged yourself by taking difficult course, so usually the more the better.

Yup yup!

Hello Jacob,

Hope all goes well with you buddy, Congrats on the school! Once again everything is looking good your way man.

best regard

-david

Hey David!

Thanks man! You too! I think everything is looking a little better :D

• 3 weeks later...

Some bad news, upon coming home yesterday I saw my harlequin shrimp being devoured by nassarius snails. RIP little harly.

In other news, I am adding SPS to my tank again, they appear to be doing very well!

Some bad news, upon coming home yesterday I saw my harlequin shrimp being devoured by nassarius snails. RIP little harly.

In other news, I am adding SPS to my tank again, they appear to be doing very well!

Hrmm...

sorry about your harley. :( But yeah for SPS! i just got my tank setup too! check it out sometime when you get a chance.

Sorry to hear about the Harley :(

SPS omgomgomg

Me too :(

Yea!

sorry about your harley. :( But yeah for SPS! i just got my tank setup too! check it out sometime when you get a chance.

Nice! I will definitely check it out :D Sorry for my sporadic appearances, school stuff!

7129731297_b829c39d16_z.jpg

Watching Yasha by Jacob-Reef, on Flickr

7129729889_386aba5925_z.jpg

Investigating Yasha by Jacob-Reef, on Flickr

7129727417_2f5f171e88_z.jpg

Top Down Tropical by Jacob-Reef, on Flickr

7129728995_4305b6a89f_z.jpg

Tropical April FTS by Jacob-Reef, on Flickr

Thanks!

With school and everything it is hard to dedicate time to my tanks, they get their daily glance as I walk out the door :lol:

Thanks!

With school and everything it is hard to dedicate time to my tanks, they get their daily glance as I walk out the door :lol:

I know exactly where you're coming from.

Looking good Jacob hope all is well with you bud.

Thanks man! Yeah! I know what college I am going to, where I will be working over the summer, and I am going to graduate in a month!

I hope everything is going well for you too!

I know exactly where you're coming from.

:lol:

Very nice tank.

Reminds me that I have all the components needed to set up my mini...Just no time/space. :(

Thank you!

Ah that is unfortunate. They are great little tanks, but they do take time/space/money.

• 4 weeks later...
eddiecorrea

Tank is still looking fantastic as always. What are your plans for it when you head of to college? Also how are you liking the Reef Keeper? I want to get a controller but can't decide on which one. I need to be able to have email or text alerts. Thats the only reason I want one. haha

• 2 weeks later...
How about an update?!

BTW Sorry to hear about the harley

Okay okay ha :lol: Well the tank is doing alright, not much has changed except I have added an anemone and my blenny disappeared. The dendros have sprouted off some more babies, it's pretty cool :D

Thanks man, it was a neat little shrimp :/

+1 time for an update!

:happy: It isn't much of an update, but its there ha!

Update me please. :)

:D done!

Tank is still looking fantastic as always. What are your plans for it when you head of to college? Also how are you liking the Reef Keeper? I want to get a controller but can't decide on which one. I need to be able to have email or text alerts. Thats the only reason I want one. haha

Thanks man! Well I think I will be giving the inhabitants away to a friend and my parents seem to think they want to keep the temperate tank around and care for it so that tank may stay!

I like it! I basically use it just to control the temperature in my tank since everything else has its own controller, but I would definitely recommend it.. I think there is a NET module for it that would enable you to do that correct?

Update photos!

7174208197_275ed3403b_z.jpg

Resting by Jacob-Reef, on Flickr

7174213867_37519134a1_z.jpg

Clownfish and Bubbletip Anemone by Jacob-Reef, on Flickr

Archived