Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Jacob's Elos Mini

Jacobnano

Tank looks great! I have an Elos Mini that I got when they were first built a few years ago. I took it down for almost 2 years and just got it backup and working about a month ago however I still have the microbubble issue. I just put in brand new pumps, the same ones that came stock.

I have been reading that folks drilled the cover of the pumps and this solved the issue. Do you have any bubbles in your tank?

I will go thru and read this whole thread now but thought I would ask anyway.

Hmm. I haven't really had the microbubble issue you are talking about. Maybe that was an early in development problem? So are the bubbles coming from the return pump or the skimmer pump?

New tank looks great Jacob :)

Thanks man! Good to see you around :D

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
animalmaster6

Fantastic pics as usual Jacob!

I'm sure I've already asked you this but what do you do to yer pics? I've started to sharpen my pics a little bit and they are looking a bit more professional now.

For my editing I usually just fix the white balance (with aquariums it is basically impossible to get it right), maybe a little cropping, and a little sharpening. I try to do as much as I can whilst I am taking the photos.

animalmaster6
For my editing I usually just fix the white balance (with aquariums it is basically impossible to get it right), maybe a little cropping, and a little sharpening. I try to do as much as I can whilst I am taking the photos.

Okay thanks. I hate editing the pictures but it's the only way to make them crisp and really "pop"

Okay thanks. I hate editing the pictures but it's the only way to make them crisp and really "pop"

Yup! Editing can definitely help though :)

6670349349_711516d693_z.jpg

Ricordea Garden by Jacob-Reef, on Flickr

love this pic! ricordea is one of my favorite coral. great looking tank and pics!

I really like them as well! Thanks :D!

:wub:

Hi Maria! Gracias :happy:

Can you tell me how do you get your Ricordea attach to a rock like your Ricordea Garden?

Well when I originally got them they were attached to some sand. I simply glued the sand the rock and hoped they would stay :lol:

The torch and frogspawn sting them to keep them at bay :lol:

:D It is beautiful anyhow. I will try fragging mine and move them all on a piece of rock then.

:D It is beautiful anyhow. I will try fragging mine and move them all on a piece of rock then.

Thanks! I would definitely recommend it, I am a big fan of coral "gardens" :D

Archived