Coral Vue Hydros

Tanked!

wartskin

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another good episode. This show cracks me up with the pranks. Love the holy jesus tank!!! And the lawyers office tank was sweet too. Didn't care for the keg tank though coral in a freashwater? And the seems? also liked the spotlight on anglers!

This show is awful. I saw the preview and I wanted to like it, but no. The guys are total tools. Their tanks, although unique, look stupid. "check it out, I put a phone in the tank that blows bubbles out!" awful.

I don't like reality shows, nor do I watch much tv anymore. But I'll take this show as it's as close to a show about aquariums as the channels will air.

Ignoring the setups, pranks, I do enjoy the limited views of how they make some of the tanks. Seeing different designs, and what can be done with acrylic is amazing.

I wish they would get more technical, but then they will lose their 5th grade educated audience standard approval.

I could hate on the last episode, but it was so funny that I just can't.

The part with the fake lotto tickets really got me. I was ROFL'ing for five minutes straight. The church tank that they helped build was AMAZING. I think it's nicer than a tank that size with real coral would be. To somebody with no knowledge in the hobby, that tank would look stunningly realistic. The only thing that bugged me was the desk tank. It didn't look like it could hold all of those different sharks long term. Just a bit on the small side.

Was it an actual live reef? I've only seen them make and install fake ones like that NYC telephone booth and the Mafia themed one. The show makes me hate them quite a bit, even though it might be the producer's fault it's still their faces that show up.

I'll watch the re-run for this episode later.

Yes they did a actual live reef tank tonight, they tried talking a little bit about fuges and corals but I wish they just spent 5 more minutes with each atleast.

I never said I disliked the show, I find it quite entertaining but just disappointing.

Yes they did a actual live reef tank tonight, they tried talking a little bit about fuges and corals but I wish they just spent 5 more minutes with each atleast.

I never said I disliked the show, I find it quite entertaining but just disappointing.

Hopefully they cycled the tank before adding the corals... :mellow:

The bald guy just said that the reef tank (with real live corals) is self-sustaining. Either he knows jack-sh#t about caring for corals or he doesn't know what self-sustaining means.

The bald guy just said that the reef tank (with real live corals) is self-sustaining. Either he knows jack-sh#t about caring for corals or he doesn't know what self-sustaining means.

I would say both. The bald guy (Brett) is my hate favorite. Doesn't self-sustaining mean there is no maintenance needed since it can sustain itself? He is speaking falsehoods.

I guarantee you many of their customers also pay them or other companies to manage the tanks. This is common practice...

I swear these guys wouldn't know how to care for a tank, seeing they don't even cycle a tank before putting fish in.

I would say both. The bald guy (Brett) is my hate favorite. Doesn't self-sustaining mean there is no maintenance needed since it can sustain itself? He is speaking falsehoods.

Yes it does. A home reef tank is the farthest thing from self-sustaining; it's like a baby that you must care for and watch every single moment.

I'm just watching still because of the little sick boy's tank. I'd be more at ease if they had diagonal braces to distribute the weight more; I wonder if they have engineering degrees.

Fish tanks can be quite low maintenance if you design it that way. But obviously, in the literal sense, it isn't self sustaining. Well... If you have the right equipment, you could have a self running tank where nothing needs to be done other than initial set up.

Also, I'm sure they know more than most of us about weight distribution and building stands.

However, I dislike their throwing in fish of all temperament and size into a not so large tank.

I won't pick a side because both sides have their rights and wrongs.

I really like the show but like some of the rest of you am very disappointed in what they leave out. Too many people will just think they can fill the tank with a garden hose add some salt from the salt shaker and throw the fish/corals in and viola. I like the show but just wish they would spend a little time talking about the care these have. Salty Flip - A baby is a great way to describe what's it's like to have a reef!

Archived