Top Shelf Aquatics

DHaut's Barracuda

Deleted User 6

Deleted User 6

True - I'm surprised I didn't lose everything. I'm actually most surprised that the gonis are both looking good and growing. They were supposed to be really fragile. Guess not, lol.

I'm in talks with DaveFason about changing up my LEDs a bit. Maybe adding some new Deep Reds which peak in the 660-675nm range. Should put it in line with chlorophyll graphs like this:

c034f2c.gif

Interesting to say the least.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lee Van Reef
True - I'm surprised I didn't lose everything. I'm actually most surprised that the gonis are both looking good and growing. They were supposed to be really fragile. Guess not, lol.

I'm in talks with DaveFason about changing up my LEDs a bit. Maybe adding some new Deep Reds which peak in the 660-675nm range. Should put it in line with chlorophyll graphs like this:

c034f2c.gif

Interesting to say the least.

lol Maybe the gonis benefited from the extra nutrients in the system. I think I read somewhere that they are primarily filter feeders. But, meh, at least they are alive.

That would be an interesting addition with LED's. Are you worried that the red might over power the other colors in such a small tank?

Deleted User 6

I haven't thought much about it. We're talking maybe 2 LEDs out of 12 that would be the deep reds, so I don't think it would be a problem. I need to talk to Dave more about it before I pull the trigger though.

• 2 weeks later...
Deleted User 6

i-PXs6gd3-L.jpg

The cyph. is on the mend after restarting the daily WCs. One sexy shrimp disappeared - not surprising though. One had been an outcast from the beginning. I was actually considering scooping him up and trading him anyways.

Tank is looking great!

Because of your little write-up and gorgeous pics of the meteor shower cyph, I'll be getting a frag on tuesday! Super excited, its dark green and red at the store, if it stays that way or turns yours bright blue and almost pinky-red I'll be super happy

Deleted User 6
Looking good! I still love your anemone shrimp. ;)

Thanks! I like him too. :)

Tank is looking great!

Because of your little write-up and gorgeous pics of the meteor shower cyph, I'll be getting a frag on tuesday! Super excited, its dark green and red at the store, if it stays that way or turns yours bright blue and almost pinky-red I'll be super happy

Nice! Good luck with it!

I admire your dedication to doing daily water changes... small volume or not. I have to convince myself to change my water every couple weeks :lol:

Deleted User 6
Are you running a plenum under a deep Sand bed in this thing?

yes. two of them.

Great pics!

And the tank is lookin' good....... Like I knew it would!! ;)

thanks bud. :)

I admire your dedication to doing daily water changes... small volume or not. I have to convince myself to change my water every couple weeks :lol:

welll...they're almost daily, lol.

Deleted User 6

Yep - the cyph is improving dramatically and starting to regrow some of its lost tissue. I need to figure out how to take this little pico to the next level. I'd like some mushrooms or rics for the right side. Maybe some more zoas. I have to be better about changing out the carbon though.

Deleted User 6

Long overdue picture update.

C. ocellina recovery:

i-DXnWXTn-L.jpg

i-MRWZ9pT-L.jpg

i-ZVQN7g4-L.jpg

i-CktPDp9-L.jpg

Sexy Shrimp:

i-8xjQ5Hg-L.jpg

i-qkbtH5L-L.jpg

Other Corals:

i-h3gJRcD-L.jpg

i-Z99Pv84-L.jpg

i-TvMvZ7D-L.jpg

(I wish I could figure out why this cyph. hasn't had any polyp extension in a few months)

i-qq6MLsH-L.jpg

i-Kzfp4tP-L.jpg

Pods: (Yoshii, take a lesson):

i-F5hntD4-L.jpg

i-qk6ggj9-L.jpg

i-hQb4KqP-L.jpg

The NanoBox light is heading back to Dave this week for an upgrade. Stay tuned for something awesome.

Deleted User 6
One sexy shrimp disappeared - not surprising though. One had been an outcast from the beginning. I was actually considering scooping him up and trading him anyways.

I found him in one of my back chambers. I was trying to figure out how to get him out and yesterday I noticed he was back in the display. Go figure. All 4 sexies are in a little group right now.

Deleted User 6
Is this a goni?

i-qq6MLsH-L.jpg

Good news on the shrimp.

Yep, that's a goni. I feel like I'm keeping it alive, but not helping it grow much. I'm not quite sure yet on the actual name of this one or the specific care requirements besides normal good husbandry. I feed it oyster feast and reefcleaners filter feeder food.

I think I need to add some frozen rotifiers to the food mix. I have them in the freezer and just need to start using them.

That's what I thought, it's hella pretty.

I bought a green one on impulse about a month ago then took it back a few days after finding out how hard they are. I definitely don't have that kind of confidence yet.

Here it is before I took it back:

c9BCx.jpg

Archived