SaltCritters.com

DHaut's Barracuda

Deleted User 6

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assume micro decorators are reef safe, correct? How many gallons do they require? Could you get a full body shot of the guy? Does he decreate a lot? :P

Deleted User 6
I've gotta get a macro lens for my Canon T1i. I love my 22-105L but it just cant get close up like that. You enjoy the sigma?

I love the sigma. I found it used on photography-on-the.net for a good price. Couldn't be happier.

I assume micro decorators are reef safe, correct? How many gallons do they require? Could you get a full body shot of the guy? Does he decreate a lot? :P

The "reef-safeness" of him was another experiment. John says they are, and so far he hasn't killed anything. I don't know about gallonage - my tank is 3g. He hasn't decorated yet, but he doesn't have claws, lol. Maybe when he grows them back.

I'll try to get a full body shot soon. They hide a lot (two of them in the tank).

I just picked up a little Eviota goby today and immediately thought of your tank. Man they are cool looking tiny fish :)

Deleted User 6

rocky mountain spotted fever imo.

nice trimma jeffro. :)

what's that thing up and to the right of the fish that looks like a duck?

Lol my goby is sweet. I named it Irene after the lovely storm that's on it's way.

That duck is named giraffe head. It's a ghost pipefish shrimp. It's really cool in person and acts as a cleaner. There's some pics in my biocube thread on him.

Deleted User 6

The micro decorator shell was on the sand a couple days ago getting picked at by hermits. Couldn't tell if it was a molt or a dead crab. I haven't seen the crab in a while, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully the crab isn't dead. I would like to see what kind of adventures and fancy hats it gets into.

After looking at the pics of your anemone shrimp, I'm definitely going to be getting one or two for my new tank.

Deleted User 6

Sadly, I think he's a goner. I haven't seen either crab for over 2 weeks now. Maybe they have a specific diet? I might give it another go sometime down the road if John has more interesting stuff to send.

The shrimp is awesome. It is officially hosting the cyphastrea, which doesn't seem to mind all that much. I've been busy the past couple weeks - I'll try to get a new FTS today.

Ah thats unfortunate. Hopefully you'll get another order going soon.

Thats awesome that the shrimp is hosting in there. I was going to question if hosts in anything other than nems.

Lets see that FTS!

• 4 weeks later...
Deleted User 6

i-kJj9Hhw-L.jpg

I allowed the nutrients to get a big high in this tank, and the temp to fluctuate too much as Fall rolled in. It took its toll on my rics and the cyph. occ. I think I've stabilized things and I'm hoping the cyph pull through. Pretty sure all the rics are gone.

Deleted User 6

Thanks guys. It was my stupid fault. After my son was born in July I just stopped doing WCs. I would do them once a week and didn't cut back on feedings. This plus an already heavily stocked pico meant death, sadly. I'm back to daily WCs though, so I'm hoping things pull through.

Lee Van Reef

Hopefully it bounces back quickly. Its actually really cool that you were able to get away with such little water changes for so long in a pico.

Archived