SaltCritters.com

DHaut's Barracuda

Deleted User 6

Deleted User 6

Joel, that's either a Goniopora norfolkensis or a Goniopora stokesi like my other one. If it's a stokesi, they're no harder than any other softie I've kept. Feed it some small polyped food once or twice a week and keep your water clean, and you're golden.

I just fed my other goni some rotifiers and it had a good feeding response. I'll definitely start adding those to the lineup. I think the green one above is either a Goniopora tenuidens, Goniopora planulata, or Goniopora polyformis - that's as much as I've narrowed it down.

Here's an excellent article on goniopora care. And here's my write-up.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 6

It's actually in recovery mode and has regrown a decent bit of its skeleton. For me, it was lack of water changes and fluctuating temps (to the best of my knowledge).

What a great read, great article and you did a great job at distilling your write up down to all the essentials.

I did like it, and will probably consider keeping one again.

Thanks for the links

Thanks! :)

I think this makes three times now?

3 times! Wow!

i think maybe its time to retire.... or take a trip to phuket :lol:

Deleted User 6

I wish I could afford heading off to exotic locales for my photography. But alas.

I try to win about once a year so that I re-up my Support button, lol.

It's hard to post-whore with flood control stopping you every 10 seconds.

I wish I could afford heading off to exotic locales for my photography. But alas.

I try to win about once a year so that I re-up my Support button, lol.

It's hard to post-whore with flood control stopping you every 10 seconds.

Fo realz. Didn't realize how tiny your tank was.

Fo realz. Didn't realize how tiny your tank was.

It is tiny. The way he photographs it makes it look so much bigger (and awesomer)

When are the lights due back D?

You're aquarium looks great. I really like the Cyphastrea ocellina. I was also really surprised when I got to this page and saw how tiny it is.

Deleted User 6

Yep, the display area is 12"Lx6"Wx9"H. I'm a fan of scaping picos in such a way as to make them look bigger than they really are.

gulfsurfer101

Awesome little tank, can't wait to see what you did with your lighting. I like that flowerpot frag and to keep one in a tank this size in good health takes a bit of work. I've actually had a large one survive a tottal tank meltdown when a nem exploded into my mp20. It retracted its polyps for nearly a month before opening up to feed again.

Archived