SaltCritters.com

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if he does, tell Sonny Kat said hi and was asking about his nonna and if he was going to respond to my email or not.

:D Alright, but so far no one has answered. :( I've emailed him as well! Ugh ugh ugh.

Freddie is still set up... I think :unsure:

Freddie? :lol:

I was at petco yesterday and saw the freshwater puffers. They are pretty darn cool! Are you going to try again?

:( ughh so far I'm not impressed with his communication skills!

Lol, why are you mad he didn't answer when he was closed. What do you need to talk to him on the phone about?

Water test before water change:

Ca: 440

Mg: 1500 (wtf?)

Dkh: 10

Sg: 1.022

No idea on the mg, the kalk doesn't have enough mg to boost it 100ppm since Wednesday and I've not dosed anything since Monday. As for salinity, I siphoned 3 gallons and put in 4 and will add hyper saline top off water throughout the week to raise it back to 1.026.

Found the small 3 stripe dead, and I think the facts are pretty simple:

• My tank is an ancient god.
  • It demands sacrifice.
  • It demands 2 out of every three fish of one species.

The good news is that the god seems to look favorably upon the chosen.

Now that youve found your balance joel...it will go out of balance alot easier if you don't maintain the balance

high calc will cause alk to fall

high mag will cause alk to fall <---this can be caused by first

high alk will cause calc to fall

low mag will cause alk to skyrocket

low calc will cause alk to rise

low alk will cause mag to rise <---this first...

six way seesaw of ####ed up fun

I was just surprised at the 100ppm jump. I am going to test again tomorrow to see where they lie after a water change.

I'm also completely free of any mechanical filtration. No more foam. B)

I had a prefilter on my overflow and a bubble trap on my skimmer. With the durso and repositioning the skimmer I removed them. I cleaned them 2x a week so they were never nitrate factories but I feel better with them out.

I'm probably going to add a sock to the sump and let it catch both the overflow and the protein skimmer output to further reduce micro bubbles.

Your poor fishies! The Mayan god that lives in your tank is not very nice. This is what you get for building a horn with a perfect sacrifice platform out on the end. And maybe its not 2 out of 3 fish, maybe its just that it sacrifices all the virgin fish :lol:

Your poor fishies! The Mayan god that lives in your tank is not very nice. This is what you get for building a horn with a perfect sacrifice platform out on the end. And maybe its not 2 out of 3 fish, maybe its just that it sacrifices all the virgin fish :lol:

:lol: fitting for a pirate tank I guess. Buncha slut fish.

Parameters 24 hours after water change,

Ca: 460

Mg: 1500

Dkh: 11

Now hopefully I can keep it there. :)

In other fitness related news, I'm taking the next step in eating better. I've decided to give up coke. For a while now I've been only drinking 1-2 a week but I wanted to take the next step. I'm also going to try to schedule an appointment with my doctor about weight loss and ask him about a few supplements I've found to help me loss fat faster.

Archived