SaltCritters.com

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

surgicalsense
I give thee, my cinematograph:

LR8MT.gif

Not bad for my first time and a iPhone camera.

oOoOoOo ..... Joel, me really really love this.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, it turned out pretty good :) I like it. Now if I could just my hands on a dslr for an afternoon I could make it look so much better.

And a tripod.

Zing!

B)

Cool cini bro.

Haha thanks. And yes a tripod is needed. My set up was the 4x4 guitar cab with a air purifier stacked on top and the phone taped in place at the right angle.

MacGyverin' ####.

surgicalsense
Haha thanks. And yes a tripod is needed. My set up was the 4x4 guitar cab with a air purifier stacked on top and the phone taped in place at the right angle.

MacGyverin' ####.

Next time take a picture of your MacGyverin ways.

"He know the weirding ways" :lol: ... sorry having a Dune flashback.

Cool cinemewhatchamcallit :lol: Is that a nass snail on top of the surface skimmer?

That poor little girl! She'll probably grow up being desperate for attention and using sex to get it :(

Part of the downfall of America right there.

I'd like to see Chris Hansen setup shop at those events.

It started when every kid got a trophy for showing up IMO.

And they would need the entire town's police force parked in the back to arrest them all.

Cool cinemewhatchamcallit :lol: Is that a nass snail on top of the surface skimmer?

That poor little girl! She'll probably grow up being desperate for attention and using sex to get it :(

Thank you. :) it is actually the screw that sets the skimmer level. I do have a hitch hiking stomatella that lives in the skimmer and keeps it clean.

If she ends up looking like her mom she won't have to worry :lol:

uly 1, 1889 - Frederick Douglass named U.S. Minister to Haiti.

July 2, 1872 - Elijah McCoy patents his first self-lubricating locomotive engine. The quality of his inventions helped coin the phrase "The Real McCoy".

July 3, 1688 - The Quakers in Germantown, Pa., make the first formal protest against slavery.

July 4, 1900 - Trumpeter Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong, jazz pioneer, born.

July 5, 1892 - Andrew J. Beard patents rotary engine.

July 6, 1957 - Althea Gibson wins women's singles title at Wimbledon, becoming first African American to win tennis's most prestigious award.

July 7, 1948 - Cleveland Indians sign pitcher Leroy "Satchel" Paige.

July 8, 1943 - Faye Wattleton, first African American director of Planned Parenthood, born.

July 9, 1893 - Dr. Daniel Hale Williams performs first successful open-heart operation.

July 10, 1875 - Educator Mary McLeod Bethune, founder of Bethune-Cookman College, born.

July 11, 1905 - W.E.B. Dubois and William Monroe Trotter organize the Niagara Movement, which demanded abolition of all race distinctions.

July 12, 1949 - Frederick M. Jones patents air-conditioning unit used in food transportation vehicles.

July 13, 1965 - Thurgood Marshall becomes first African American appointed U.S. Solicitor General.

July 14, 1955 - George Washington Carver Monument, first national park honoring an African American, is dedicated in Joplin, Mo.

July 15, 1867 - Maggie Lena Walker, first woman and first African American to become president of a bank.

July 16, 1862 - Anti-lynching activist Ida B. Wells Barnett born.

July 17, 1953 - Jesse D. Locker appointed U.S. Ambassador to Liberia

July 18, 1939 - Saxophonist Coleman Hawkins records "Body and Soul" one of the classics of jazz.

July 19, 1925 - Paris debut of Josephine Baker, entertainer, activist and humanitarian.

July 20, 1950 - First U.S. victory in Korea won by Black troops of the 24th Infantry Regiment.

July 21, 1896 - Mary Church Terrell elected first president of the National Association of Colored Women.

July 22, 1939 - Jane M. Bolin of New York City, appointed first African American female judge.

July 23, 1778 - More than 700 Blacks participate in Battle of Monmouth (NJ).

July 24, 1807 - Shakespearean actor Ira Aldridge, born in New York City.

July 25, 1916 - Garrett Morgan, inventor of the gas mask, rescues six people from gas-filled tunnel in Cleveland, Ohio.

July 26, 1948 - President Harry S. Truman issues Executive Order 9981, ending segregation in the U.S. armed forces.

July 27, 1880 - Alexander P. Ashbourne patents process for refining coconut oil.

July 28, 1868 - 14th Amendment granting Blacks full citizenship rights, becomes part of the Constitution.

July 29, 1895 - First National Conference of Colored Women Convention is held in Boston.

July 30, 1822 - James Varick becomes first bishop of African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church.

July 31, 1874 - Patrick Francis Healy inaugurated as president of Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.

So cool! I have no idea how you captured the water moving while the rest is a still. Impressive!

I totally didn't see this due to the page change, sorry dear! :(:flower:

It's the same thing as a .gif but just a little razzle dazzle. The way you do it is called vector masking. The basic explanation is you choose a layer to be the top layer, the one that will never change. Then you paint over the portions you want to have move, in this case I painted over the water's surface. So now when you play the .gif the top picture stays the same and the mask acts as a window to the layers below, capturing the movement you want. I definitely plan on doing more. :)

Now I have to do one......lol...hmmm I wonder what I should do it of...if my clam makes it I'm do one of it extending and contracting its mantle

hahahaha yes I hate that show... all those shows. Poor kids.

Nice new sig! Next time you do it, you should make it straight.

Now I have to do one......lol...hmmm I wonder what I should do it of...if my clam makes it I'm do one of it extending and contracting its mantle

That would be cool, and easily staged. Just get your camera where you want it and then do something to piss it off. IME just waving your hand quickly in front of the tank can do it.

I'm late to the party. What did I miss?

Not a whole lot, just that there's some ancient mayan god in my tank that's been claiming sacrifices. I think it's satisfied for now, and the chosen fish are doing great.

Also, scoping out picking up the following (all montipora): JF grinch, Rainbow, Tyree Sunset, Pokerstar, and Superman. My only concern is frag size. They are .5-1" What do you think? Are these hardy enough to make the overnight trip and do well? I ask because some of my Mr. Coral acro has not done well and it's not because he has bad stuff, I just think they were too small and didn't do well with shipping.

Nice .gif

Talk to me a little more about the mangroves.

When were they added?

How have they grown?

What care have you administered?

Thanks!

They were added the first week of November of last year. I damaged one plant's roots and its growth is considerably slower, it has only grown about an inch and lost a leaf where the other one has probably grown three inches. They both produced a new set of leaves at about the two month mark. They are pretty easy to care for, I just spray them with some RO after I feed my fish every day. I usually do about 6 squirts each to dissolve the salt build up on the leaves.

hahahaha yes I hate that show... all those shows. Poor kids.

Nice new sig! Next time you do it, you should make it straight.

I had some personal stuff yesterday that I was escaping. Hence doing mark's sig and mine. :lol: I noticed the tilt and just said "good enough." It was more of an experiment to see how easy it was and then when my friend from college who was also in my GD classes comes home I'm going to borrow her Sony DSLR and do it right.

Archived