inTank Media Baskets

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, I love the gifs. Even if those two really made me cringe.

Oh, I totally overlooked the serious question in the middle of the ridiculous loungy stuff. Oops! :lol:

Well I have a bunch of class on Wednesday which tends to make my day busier. I have a 3 hour lab class on Mondays and Wednesdays that on culture techniques for stem cells. Today we were working on differentiating human embryonic stem cells into heart muscle cells. I also had a seminar to go to today and then a me and some other students from my lab took the seminar speaker out to lunch to talk science. I also had experiments for my project to set up today. My project is on creating these stencils to pattern the culture surfaces we grow human embryonic stem cells on. Kind of not the simplest thing to explain without me taking up the next page of your thread.

Haha, I love the gifs. Even if those two really made me cringe.

Oh, I totally overlooked the serious question in the middle of the ridiculous loungy stuff. Oops! :lol:

Well I have a bunch of class on Wednesday which tends to make my day busier. I have a 3 hour lab class on Mondays and Wednesdays that on culture techniques for stem cells. Today we were working on differentiating human embryonic stem cells into heart muscle cells. I also had a seminar to go to today and then a me and some other students from my lab took the seminar speaker out to lunch to talk science. I also had experiments for my project to set up today. My project is on creating these stencils to pattern the culture surfaces we grow human embryonic stem cells on. Kind of not the simplest thing to explain without me taking up the next page of your thread.

.gifs are language enhancers. If pictures are worth a thousand words and gifs are a bunch of pictures, they greatly supplement any point you're trying to make. Even if it's using spongebob in a way never meant.

It's also why I like rage faces. They are very crudely drawn but they convey the feeling they are meant to so well.

anyone know how to edit an mp3 file?

Edit how?

Since 6th grade.

Lmao, I fell off my dinosaur.

Oh, and also, Felicia, that sounds cool about your work, your day was packed!

And while I have no idea how you pattern stencils for culturing stem cells, I am familiar with the culturing process. I worked at a biochem lab that had contracts with DOH and other places to make sure construction sites weren't fouling local streams. It was pretty cool. But we also tested the influent and effluent water from the town's sewage treatment plant and do fecal coliform tests on it. Not that that is the same thing, but not entirely the wrong idea all together. And I've gone on tours at my dads work to see what they are working on in the lab.

I know you're not doing the same thing, but I have seen cultures and I made a generalized understand of what you were saying. :)

I was worried no one would know what I even meant by culture, because its really only something you use in a bio-lab. If you understand that part then you have at least the fundamental knowledge to understand my research, so glad to know I didn't completely lose you. Even within the same field, people get so specialized in research that they lose each other without a ton of background explanation. I feel like I confuse even more people because I'm working at the cross-over between biology and engineering. If I talk to a pure biologist, the polymers engineering part loses them and if I'm talking to most engineers, the biology loses them. :lol:

Cat gifs are my favorite :D

funny-pictures-gif-maru-at-his-most-graceful.gif

I was worried no one would know what I even meant by culture, because its really only something you use in a bio-lab. If you understand that part then you have at least the fundamental knowledge to understand my research, so glad to know I didn't completely lose you. Even within the same field, people get so specialized in research that they lose each other without a ton of background explanation. I feel like I confuse even more people because I'm working at the cross-over between biology and engineering. If I talk to a pure biologist, the polymers engineering part loses them and if I'm talking to most engineers, the biology loses them. :lol:

Cat gifs are my favorite :D

funny-pictures-gif-maru-at-his-most-graceful.gif

Nice .gif. :D

I think that happens in most professional fields, at least you come off as smart. If I mention some political theory (and mostly it's something John Locke wrote, in fact I know somewhere in here I've quoted him) I just come off as pretentious. :P

Clean it up, there are a couple of portions that need to be sliced off.

If you use need to slice and dice it, you can do that in iMovie on your Mac. There is also a program called Audacity and it's free. That will also let you edit the sound and help you clean it up that way.

No idea, what I'm doing is trying to alter it slightly and slowly change it.

I think my run is going to be fast today, after I clean up I'm going straight to the LFS.

HEY HEY HEY!!!! IM THE KING OF CAT GIFS!!!

81968103.gif

Cat and Aquarium related gif with a healthy dose of comedy... No one can top that. NO ONE.

It probably will. :lol:

Watcha gettin'?

I almost went right by you in the members forum...then I saw "chef" :lol:

I'm going to get more cherry shrimp (some boy shrimpies) may my algae eater if they got them in. Not sure what else. Have to see :happy:

See that's my idea, change it but keep it familiar. Ché Geraldo > Chef Geraldo > Iron Chef > X + Iron or Iron + X > X + Y or Y + X etc. until I'm bored of it and it goes back to Cape Horn or I rename it something piratey.

And sweet deal on the shrimpies. :) your Pico is really coming together.

Sorry :D

It would be like Iron Chef > Iron Metal > Heavy Metal > That's Heavy > Marty McFly.

Where one word is discarded and a new one is added, then the word that's been used twice is discarded and a new one is added. It's sort of like a word association game.

Your thread name tricked me again. I saw it on the homepage and didn't look at who posted it so I was like, "hmmm, I wonder why someone is posting about iron chef on N-R. I'll have to check this out." Then I realized it was your thread :P

Marty Mcfly > wiener warrior > tuba battle > squirrel ketchup > shart graffiti > Cleavland steamer sandwich > elephant trunk styled rock penis > Cape horn

:o:lol::D

Archived