Innovative Marine Aquariums

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20 posts ago. :lol:

Brad gets gtalk, sms and fun phone conversations.

Siwelk got PM.

Joel, you get some brown eyes staring into your blues.

I know someone that just did the Mt. Kilamanjaro climb. 2 climbers, 29 sherpas.

:D

That's cool, I'm waiting for someone to put a ski lift to the top of the Everest or K2 and puts a Starbucks on the top.

:happy:

Those are really pretty even from a top blurred view :P

I'm very happy with them. :)

I know at some point I'll have to choose since I do like neon gobies but for now I love the activity in the tank now.

I still really like the idea of a nano goby tank but damsels would destroy them. :( maybe when I go bigger I can have a display fuge with some softies and nano goby pairs. Win win.

Thank you, and you're alive! :D hope all is well with you!

Bahaha yesss I'm alive. Barely. Third year uni has almost eaten me :P

All is indeed well, thanks :) Good to see your tank is obviously doing really well too!

heelDM0602_468x349.jpg

oh wrong thread. sorry.

Wrong thread? Wrong forum, but I can direct you on where to go, haha.

Joel, a tank full of dams, who would have thought? I think its a great idea and looks great!!!!!

Bahaha yesss I'm alive. Barely. Third year uni has almost eaten me :P

All is indeed well, thanks :) Good to see your tank is obviously doing really well too!

Well hopefully you will finish without getting eaten. :) I assume your upgrades are on hold then? And my tank has had some downs but we are rebuilding now. :)

....yea...and 1800 gallon skimmers...damn its like $1.8 per gallon of skimability

http://www.aquacave.com/Reef-Octopus-SUPER...-P3341C657.aspx ]

Monthly waterchanges? Lol

How much do you change and how often? You have a nice skimmer and macro fuge so you're in the same boat as me. Since you already dose stuff, why not seen how long you can go without changing your water? I made it a month without having to add stuff. Just a thought. B)

Wrong thread? Wrong forum, but I can direct you on where to go, haha.

Joel, a tank full of dams, who would have thought? I think its a great idea and looks great!!!!!

:lol: and thanks, now we just sit back and watch and hope they play relatively nice with each other.

Maybe you won't have to choose between gobies and damsels. I don't know neon goby behavior, but I know my little GBGs don't really venture into the water column. I doubt damsels would intentionally go after that type of goby if it's just hanging in the rocks or on the sandbed.

I really think you'd be ok.

My main concern is the neon gobies max out at 2", most stay around 1", and they are so very peaceful. You're right that they are two completely different tank area dwellers, I'm just worried the gobies might take up where a damsel sleeps at night and then it's all over.

But a display fuge with a bunch of mangrove roots for little gobies to play in doesn't sound too bad. :)

But a display fuge with a bunch of mangrove roots for little gobies to play in doesn't sound too bad. :)

^ this X a googleplex (got that from my son :lol:)

Sounds like an excellent idea!!!!!

Plus it would be lower flow and easier on them so they can perch more easily. Because the next tank is going to have a crapload of flow. B)

There was one Chromis and one Blue Damsel acting funny last night, I'm hoping all made it through the night. If not, more room for 3 stripes.

Calcium and alk test in a few to see where my levels are after the dosing/kalk mishap.

One confirmed loss, can't tell which yet, damsels made him a snack so there's only about 1/4 left of him. With the lights off I can visually confirm all three neons, two Chromis, 1 blue, and dotty.

Calc: 300ppm. Yikes, from saturday to yesterday almost a 100ppm drop. I'm dosing 25 ml of Calcion as per directions to raise calcium.

Dkh: 12

On my current system I change 4 gallons every 4 weeks....w/ 1 gallon daily top offs... I may just stop doing waterchanges haha... how horrible am I?

But I was talking about the 1000 gallon 10ft cube....maybe do monthlies of 165? Or 200....its either waterchanges or dosing on a system that big...lol...997g display...300g sump(150 fuge)....200 frag? At $62 for 200g of RS coral pro....I'm not sure how much id end up spending on dosing on a tank that size...lol

There are plenty of systems that don't change their water, jut not on here. Nano's are just different but you are running yours like a large tank which is why you get away with 4 week gaps.

It's funny how people will argue over the "right" way to run a reef but there's literally 100 ways to do it. You have people that change daily, people like Gena who do it twice a week, weeklys, every other week, monthly, etc. as long as your tank is happy you're doing it right. B)

After removing the body I confirmed it to be a blue damsel. I would have preferred it be a Chromis but I'll live. :lol:

Oh, and I guess once you're in a place where you can afford to light a 10' shallow tank well enough to grow SPS, salt or dosing cost won't really bother you. :lol:

I would surely hope so. I only know its a damsel because the piece I recovered was blue. :(

Well, it's a good thing they were acting funny last night...cuz you know who I'd be blaming today, if not :lol:

I'm not too sad about it. Just means you can get more 3 stripes :happy:

Damn that sucks...a loss already...and I think I could build a fixture excluding drivers for about 3 grand... add drivers and maybe 5-6k total...I think its the tanks and having it built with the house that will be the $$$ cause I want all glass...no acrylic well for the display no acrylic...sump/frag I don't care lol. Joel. Its 2ppm/ml right? Dose what you lost since yesterday. Wow I thought mine falling off cause the switch from 2part to redsea was bad

Archived