Cultivated Reef

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

Damn that sucks...a loss already...and I think I could build a fixture excluding drivers for about 3 grand... add drivers and maybe 5-6k total...I think its the tanks and having it built with the house that will be the $$$ cause I want all glass...no acrylic well for the display no acrylic...sump/frag I don't care lol. Joel. Its 2ppm/ml right? Dose what you lost since yesterday. Wow I thought mine falling off cause the switch from 2part to redsea was bad

It's cool, they are $3 and kept in horrible conditions, it's a wonder any of them make it to the pet store. I just have to do a good job to keep them happy on my end.

The solution is 150,000ppm so I'm not really sure what the ppm/ml breakdown is but on the bottle is says to dose max 10ml/20g daily until desired level is reached. So since I'm at about 50 gallons actual value subtracting rock and sand displacement and adding sump volume I'm putting in 25ml. I'm going to test once again right now to see what it raised it too.

Joel.....phi delt is sellinf two month old mp10es for 460...

I am interested, but it's not future proof for the 75. That's my concern.

Looking good Joel

Thanks! :)

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
surgicalsense
I'm very happy with them. :)

I know at some point I'll have to choose since I do like neon gobies but for now I love the activity in the tank now.

A happy boy and his fishies :lol:

Finally! They are really pretty Joel.

That's odd that the supplement doesn't tell you how many ppm/20 gallons 10ml will raise it...but that sounds about right, 2ppm/mL...@ 28ml......and you jumped from 300 to 360

Also I was mistaken earlier I thought you lost 100ppm in one day

A happy boy and his fishies :lol:

Finally! They are really pretty Joel.

Thank you :)

That's odd that the supplement doesn't tell you how many ppm/20 gallons 10ml will raise it...but that sounds about right, 2ppm/mL...@ 28ml......and you jumped from 300 to 360

And yeah, Brightwell is weird with info/directions but their products are great and half the cost of other stuff. I'll just happy 100ppm from now at 460.

Could you imagine the growth I'd be seeing if I was losing 100ppm/day!?

I know who you'd blame! :P and I'm not too sad either, more damsels for me :)

Looks like another lobster lynch mob was diverted :lol:

Sorry to hear about the damsel, Joel, but honestly when you add 9 fish at once you kind of have to count on a loss or two considering the bad conditions at the LFS and the stress. Hopefully that'll be it and all the others will do great. Now you just need to add some zebras!

That would be insane!

You could probably watch your coral grow. :lol:

Looks like another lobster lynch mob was diverted :lol:

Sorry to hear about the damsel, Joel, but honestly when you add 9 fish at once you kind of have to count on a loss or two considering the bad conditions at the LFS and the stress. Hopefully that'll be it and all the others will do great. Now you just need to add some zebras!

It's okay, one other blue damsel and Chromis are still MIA so they are probably lost as well. I wasn't planning 100% survival. :) hopefully I'll be able to add some three stripes and maybe some yellow or Talbots. :)

It's okay, one other blue damsel and Chromis are still MIA so they are probably lost as well. I wasn't planning 100% survival. :) hopefully I'll be able to add some three stripes and maybe some yellow or Talbots. :)

Oh the convenience of cheap, easily replaced fish! :P

Oh the convenience of cheap, easily replaced fish! :P

Iknowright!?

Heartless...atleast someone ate well...

Haha, they were either going to be used to cycle a tank and die from ammonia burns or have an opportunity to live a good life in a good sized tank. Don't get me wrong, had it been my fault I would be bummed but I didn't do anything wrong.

surgicalsense
Hahaha I was kidding - pulling a Trog moment ;) . I'm just sad when anything dies lol

A Trog moment ... he will thank you for keeping it real :P

Hahaha I was kidding - pulling a Trog moment ;). I'm just sad when anything dies lol

I figured you were kidding. I get way too upset when fish die. I'm always in a bad mood the rest of the day.

How could you be so, Dr. Evil?

In the night, I hear 'em talk, the coldest story ever told

Somewhere far along this road he lost his soul

To a woman so heartless

How could you be so heartless?

To a woman so heartless

QFFishsticks

I'm just sad when anything dies lol

Me too. Bleh.

I get way too upset when fish die. I'm always in a bad mood the rest of the day.

To a woman so heartless

The thing that gets me through is that there's no way the losses were my fault.

And everybody trashes 808's and Heartbreak but I really like Heartless and Amazing.

QFFishsticks

:lol:

Batman pants. If you loose any more fish you might want to consider renaming your tank the bermuda triangle.

I'll have to name it something like that. Let's hope nothing else happens.

How do you train for something like that?????? What happens if you accidently let go of the arm flaps? It looks like they just hold onto them.

That would be awesome to fly like that :happy:

I didn't watch the whole thing. Did it say if they can control their speed? I would hate to be out of control like that, if not.

________

Are you looking for 3 stripes today?

Archived