JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you tried yelling at it?

:lol:

Your fix for everything!!!!!

BTW...you do have mad iPhone photography skillz :happy:

I have a hard enough time keeping my iPhone steady while making videos. How do you do it??????

Your fix for everything!!!!!

BTW...you do have mad iPhone photography skillz :happy:

I have a hard enough time keeping my iPhone steady while making videos. How do you do it??????

It fixes a lot of things. :lol:

And thanks :) for the videos I have a makeshift tripod. For photos I can usually hold still enough to get decent close ups. I've been playing around with different camera apps but most are taken with the standard camera and nothing else. I like Pro Camera, it's 99 cents, and in expert mode it lets you chose the focus and the white balance separately. Here's a FTS taken with some playing around in that app:

bg3ad.jpg

Good thing I didn't assume. :lol: That looks pretty cool and I don't think would distract from your appeal. Plus it boosts your international spy cred.

Not sure, did you see my new fishies?

I weighed myself today, I'm losing 6lb/week :happydance:

I gorged myself tonight though because I have to do the stupid pre-procedure cleansing and after 10:00am I can't have solid food and after 5:00pm I can't have anything but clear liquid, then nothing after midnight. Last time I remember being really hungry so I made myself eat more to delay the feeling.

I was out with friends yesterday and they told me not to be afraid and they didn't get that it's not really about being afraid, I just simply don't want to do it. :lol:

So I'm assuming you have the procedure scheduled for Monday morning? Is it a kidney stone removal? I'll be thinking about you!!!!!

Yeah, I have to be at the hospital at 8am. If it's like the last two times I'll be home by noon.

It's called Lithotripsy and the tl;dr version is it's a noninvasive procedure that breaks up kidney stones with focused sound waves.

There's really nothing to it, the worst part on my end is drinking the Magnesium Citrate and getting an IV. I've already drank the bottle of the citrate which is just the absolute worst.

----------

In other news, form a lynch mob against peppermint shrimp. They don't just pick at LPS, they eat fish. And it's not a matter of lack of food either, I'm really feeding them well. They keep making their way into the overflow box and the peppermint shrimp that lives there eats it. This is the third damn one he's eaten. And yes I keep pulling him out of the overflow but sure enough the next morning he's back in there. Everyone blamed the lobster with no proof, now I have 4 pieces of proof against the peppermints, this should be an easy sell. :lol:

3 blue damsel, 2 neon damsels, 1 green Chromis. -_-

Again, I hate fish. I think one of the Chromis and the neon and dirty will make it though.

3 blue damsel, 2 neon damsels, 1 green Chromis. -_-

Again, I hate fish. I think one of the Chromis and the neon and dirty will make it though.

:lol: Dirty? You must be on your iPhone :)

Nope, Dirty Dotty. She's all kinds of nasty. :P

And yeah, I'm on my phone. :D

In other news, I finally had to refill my spray bottle for my mangroves. So it lasts 3.5 months, it felt like finishing a whole tube of Chapstick.

I hate my peppermint shrimp so much.

Good luck with the procedure, Joel. I'm sure you're just ready to get it over with.

I didn't know peppermint shrimp would kill and eat fish. Devil shrimp! I vote for a lynch mob! Can you just return them to the LFS since they didn't do what you wanted and they're just eating your poor fish? No point in getting more damsels for them to eat while they're in the tank.

Good luck with the procedure, Joel. I'm sure you're just ready to get it over with.

I didn't know peppermint shrimp would kill and eat fish. Devil shrimp! I vote for a lynch mob! Can you just return them to the LFS since they didn't do what you wanted and they're just eating your poor fish? No point in getting more damsels for them to eat while they're in the tank.

Thank you Felicia :) yeah I'd rather just get it done. It would have been done 2/6 but it was at a different hospital and I opted to wait and get it done where my last one was done, to add some familiarity to the process.

The shrimp are just #######s. One will be easy to get out but the other I'm not sure about it's exact location.

Oh and there's no returns at the LFS I got them at. I can try the other one maybe. :)

Oh man...there was someone else I read had this problem with peppermints when I first started browsing this forum, I don't remember who. That sucks so bad dude...catch them and berid of them...or sump ban. Lol im sure you read that thread in general discussion about pleasing the reef gods lol

Yeah, now I have to wait a year to update my thread. :lol:

I don't know what I'll do with them yet. They will die in my sump probably. I need to put a new sump in. Thinking about a 20l with the middle 18" as a fuge and put the caulpera, more mangroves, and the lobster and peppermints in. Light it with my odyssea t5 and replace the bulbs with 6500k.

Haha....yea..damn reef gods lol. Im in need of building a new sump too...

I think I might actually do a 29 gallon so I can increase my system volume to about 60 gallons.

what did I miss while I was at KG's yesterday and re-scaping my tank today?

Really all you missed are my peppermint shrimp are murderers

I have proof they killed: all 3 blue damsels, two neons, and 1 Chromis. And I'm pretty sure they got the baby starry blenny. So 6 fish for sure and 1 suspected.

What baffles me is I'm feeding a lot, theres no reason for them too.

So I'm going to build a new sump here in the next little bit with a 18" portion dedicated as a fuge with all of my inverts in there minus my cleaner shrimp.

What do you fill the spray bottle with...just plain distilled water?

Are you onto the clear liquids now? It will be done and over before you know it :happy:

Spent the last few hours outside freezing at a birthday party. My hands are still numb :lol:

Archived