Cultivated Reef

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

I don't think there's a learning curve, I wouldn't think you'd walk away from many mistakes that close to the ground going that fast with only a helmet. Humans fall at a terminal anywhere between 125-210mph depending on their orientation. Since they use those suits to catch the air they are falling slower vertically but they have to be moving close to 100mph in their diagonal path. :eek:

From my understanding they hold on to them to tighten the spread and have better control but they are sewn onto the sleeves.

They adjust speed by changing posture and increasing or decreasing their wingspan.

Stores get fish every two weeks, I'll be waiting for 3 stripes :(

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just think its cool what humans are capable of. If you haven't seen BBC's "Human Planet" I'd encourage you to, it's incredible what people endure to survive.

I am a fan of the extreme sports. :)

Wing suit jumping or what was in the video? Either is cool, but it would be insane for terrain flying to be your first jump. :lol:

I've bungeed and repelled/rock climbed, those are the closest to sky diving I've gone. I'm interested in it but haven't seriously pursued it.

SPS updates,

This thing:

pw0ZW.jpg

That thing (notice the encrusting at the base beginning):

kJJiv.jpg

My favorite one and fastest grower:

YIccE.jpg

----------

Did my taxes today, getting a good refund. :happydance: I might finally use some of it and get an RO/DI unit.

Yeah, a surprisingly large amount :lol: especially considering I only worked June-November. It's not enough to go crazy over but I was only expecting to get about half of what I actually got :)

And plus I found out all grad/professional students are considered independent when filing for FAFSA so where I was so laughably out of the bracket to receive aid for undergrad with my parents earnings, I get to apply under what I earned which makes me look incredibly poor. Win win.

wing suit jumping ;)

:o

You're doing that???????

Do you have a will for your reef tank????? :lol:

Joel, "this thing" and "that thing" look great! Do you know what colors they will be?

I also like "my favorite one" :happy:

Joel, "this thing" and "that thing" look great! Do you know what colors they will be?

I also like "my favorite one" :happy:

This thing should be blue/purple and that thing should be green/yellow but I really don't know. I think my favorite one will stay a peach color with a blue hint like it is now. It's hard to see in person, once it's bigger I'm sure you can see the irl color. :)

haha gena...a will for the reef tank >.< no lol.

Simple, I live the closest, I'll take the tank. :lol:

Also, go play my game in the general section! :)

My closest thing to an extreme sport is scuba diving and that's enough for me. Although I would love to try rock climbing outside. I used to go to the rock gym a lot when I was in Florida, but there's nowhere to climb outside there. Now that I'm in CA, I should try it sometime.

Glad to hear about the tax refund :D I don't get one because there's no withholding on my grad student stipend. I figured I'd owe them a ton of money last year, but there's this tax credit for continuing education that made it so I owed nothing, which was nice.

Your SPS are looking awesome! All of a sudden the last couple days several of mine haven't had much PE. Before that they all had awesome PE, so I don't know what's up. I just did a water change a couple days ago and all the water params were fine so I don't know what's up. I guess I'll check params again today and then maybe do another water change.

Hey, the second best thing to getting paid is not having to pay! Especially if you thought you would have to pay. :)

And thanks, I have two SPS stn'ing on me and I have no idea, I've moved them to every spot imaginable and they don't do any better. For my first go I'm more than happy with 7/9. :) the chalice also looks ridiculously good. :) I need to order a mag test because I think that's why I'm having cyano maybe.

I've found that coral has cycles. They need to find their grove and moving tanks always is a hassle. I'm sure they will be fine. My first thought was coral warfare but you're running a skimmer.

Oh and I was bored:

h4bit.jpg

jRND5.jpg

E8ytF.jpg

Hey, the second best thing to getting paid is not having to pay! Especially if you thought you would have to pay. :)

And thanks, I have two SPS stn'ing on me and I have no idea, I've moved them to every spot imaginable and they don't do any better. For my first go I'm more than happy with 7/9. :) the chalice also looks ridiculously good. :) I need to order a mag test because I think that's why I'm having cyano maybe.

I've found that coral has cycles. They need to find their grove and moving tanks always is a hassle. I'm sure they will be fine. My first thought was coral warfare but you're running a skimmer.

They all still have amazing color, so they're obviously not dying on me. They're just not happy enough to have PE. I think it may actually be micro-bubbles that are pissing them off. I had to move the skimmer to get the YWG out of my skimmer box and ever since then its putting out a ton of micro bubbles again. The outlet is right by all the SPS frags. Not sure what to do to get rid of the micro bubbles though.

Oh and if it makes you feel any better, I've got purple cyano right now :angry:

And you have mad iPhone photography skills.

Yeah, then the micro bubbles could be doing it. Could you stick some foam there? I have a block of foam in my sump dedicated to catching the skimmers effluent flow and it cured my bubbles. Or maybe some filter floss?

And thanks :) camera quality is one aspect but knowing how to use what you have is even better. Occasionally I look up tips and tricks for iPhone photography, I bet you could find similar tips for your camera too.

Can I inherit the SPS? Will I need to pay estate taxes to Gena?

Who is jumping out of an airplane again?

And final question, will it harm or help my status as NR sex symbol to admit that I'm secretly hoping to go to M school one day?

Brad is jumping, but I've already called it all.

Do you mean Med School? I don't want to assume and it be something completely different. :lol:

Yeah, then the micro bubbles could be doing it. Could you stick some foam there? I have a block of foam in my sump dedicated to catching the skimmers effluent flow and it cured my bubbles. Or maybe some filter floss?

I tried putting a sponge in the outlet for the skimmer for the microbubbles, but it backs the skimmer up and causes it to overflow. Filterfloss does the same thing. Before I moved the skimmer, there were still some microbubbles, but they had slowly been going away. Now they're back like they were when the skimmer was brand new.

Have you tried yelling at it?

when you do, film it and sent it to me.

:lol: I'm not really much of a yeller. Plus Lily would probably think I'd lost my mind, haha.

when you do, film it and sent it to me.

Man, you're into some weird ####.

:lol: I'm not really much of a yeller. Plus Lily would probably think I'd lost my mind, haha.

Hmm, I don't know how the outlet is but could you just add a longer tube to it and run it straight down so most of the bubbles go back up the pipe?

Bonus awesome cinematograph:

tumblr_ltvn8mHWI81qjvwa5o1_500.gif

Archived