Top Shelf Aquatics

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got carried away :lol: I felt great but I had to be up at 6:30 today, that's where my hindsight kicked in :P

Ouch....I didn't wake until 8am. And...I would have slept longer but my cat howls every morning at 8am if we're not up yet. She wants her food NOW :lol:

Usually I go right back to sleep but I was awake this morning. Must have been the bubbly :lol:

Joel Joel Joel Happy New Year Batman pants!

Happy new year to you too shoes!

Ouch....I didn't wake until 8am. And...I would have slept longer but my cat howls every morning at 8am if we're not up yet. She wants her food NOW :lol:

Usually I go right back to sleep but I was awake this morning. Must have been the bubbly :lol:

My ex's cat was like that, then I put a cat door on her bedroom door and that helped. :)

Picture time.

I never thought I would post a good update about my acro but it's actually growing!

ZDTVF.jpg

Macro abilities of the iPhone are subpar but you get the idea. Color irl is yellowish with green polyps. Let me know if this plan is sound. Once it grows 2-3" past the bleached out parts I will frag it and remount them, hopefully allowing only healthy growth to be on the coral. Or should I just leave it alone? Either way that's a month or two down the road so I'm not in a rush.

Smallest gsp colony:

tE2lT.jpg

I love this combo rock:

bV3Ew.jpg

*Possible new signature regarding a video of the above picture.

I've had the lights at 75/75 for a few days and everything seems to like it. Any lower and the coral start to close. I'm assume that's because they weren't getting enough.

I woke up after lunch.... threw a pillow the howling cat so he didnt bother me after that

Like a boss :lol:

pismo_reefer

Yes. Re-frag the healthy Acro pieces. :D

That'd give it the best chance.

FRAG SPS UNDER WATER.

Julian Sprung did a test of fragging SPS coral's.

He found that sps fragged underwater, lived 80% of the time.

Whereas, sps fragged in air, and returned promptly to water, had a 50/50 success rate.

*The frags, not the mother colonies.... 100% of the mother's lived.

;)

------------------------

Oh yea...

Those Zoa's are INCREDIBLE! :eek:

My zoa's NEVER got skirt's like that... omgomgomg

That GSP--->... :o

Your wet water is also very impressive.... B)

Do you... inTank?

surgicalsense

Very pretty .. I love the way the GSP look like that, it reminds of grass with little flowers in it. Love the zoas also.

I man handled mine to much today trying to remove the aiptasia that it was infested with today.

pismo_reefer
Roger that, am I correct in assuming I should let it grow out more before doing that?

You could do it right now if you wanted to.... :happy:

Very pretty .. I love the way the GSP look like that, it reminds of grass with little flowers in it. Love the zoas also.

I man handled mine to much today trying to remove the aiptasia that it was infested with today.

Thank you :) at least the aiptasia is gone now!

You could do it right now if you wanted to.... :happy:

Hmmm, I don't have clean bone cutters or fragging supplies but I'll get some in the next week or so and do that soon then. B)

I'm scared though, this will be my first hard coral frag. I have no idea how I'll deal with fragging something like acans.

Happy New Year! I wish you much better luck with the tank for this upcoming year. Looks like you're already off to the right start with the acro! The tank is looking good as always!

Happy new year to you too! It's going to be a better year for the tank and for me in general. I jut actually took the opportunity to call a friend up and hash out some things that had driven a wedge between us the past year. I jut have a good feeling about things :)

The acro should start growing now that it's found it's groove :)

Happy new year to you too! It's going to be a better year for the tank and for me in general. I jut actually took the opportunity to call a friend up and hash out some things that had driven a wedge between us the past year. I jut have a good feeling about things :)

The acro should start growing now that it's found it's groove :)

Thats good to hear! Just stay optimistic like that and I'm sure it'll be a great year for you. I haven't really seen noticeable growth from my acro, but it has great PE all the time, so I think its doing well.

Thats good to hear! Just stay optimistic like that and I'm sure it'll be a great year for you. I haven't really seen noticeable growth from my acro, but it has great PE all the time, so I think its doing well.

I know some acro grows so fast you can watch it! :lol: okay maybe not that fast but I've seen 1-2" a month. I've heard of faster but don't buy it.

Joel, did you ever figure out what is going on with Photobucket? I am just curious...

Nope, can you not see my sig? When Brad said he saw it I just ignored the crappy thing I'm seeing. If it's messed up I'll make a new one and put it on imgur.

Okay, I'll fix it tomorrow. Right now I'm yelling at Eli Manning. I need him to get me 7 more points to win my FFL matchu which is against the same guy I lost to last night. A win will tie me for 1st, a loss will put me in 5th. :eek:

Okay, I'll fix it tomorrow. Right now I'm yelling at Eli Manning. I need him to get me 7 more points to win my FFL matchu which is against the same guy I lost to last night. A win will tie me for 1st, a loss will put me in 5th. :eek:

I don't get into FFL, but I do love a good football game. Good luck!

Archived