Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
god damn. that sucks. and that was with 1 day shipping?

2nd day air (1 day was $120), with a 48 hour rated heat pack.

They look less stressed. Sure they will be fine.

Maybe the mushrooms, but everything else would be a miracle to come back.

Yeah, it happens. The good part is that none of it was my fault. The case could be made that it was my fault I didn't QT fish but since the disease sat dormant so long and there was no sign of disease I doubt QT would have helped in that case. I will be QTing from now on though. All my previous coral is doing great, even the acro, and my inverts are doing well, and my params are perfect. It's been discouraging but the fact that I didn't do something stupid that caused all of it makes it easier to put it in the past and move on.

My thoughts exactly but hey, things could still recover. The favias still don't look horrible. The mushrooms look like they will make it too.

Oh no!!!!! :rant:

Boo, hiss.....I'm most disturbed by the way the plate looks :( *sigh*

Sorry Joel...maybe a few things can come back..it's happened for others!

surgicalsense

What the dueces? Via introduction of your new corals? Or this was something that was already in your tank lying dormant as you noted? No Bueno, either way.

:angry:

Oh no!!!!! :rant:

Boo, hiss.....I'm most disturbed by the way the plate looks :( *sigh*

Sorry Joel...maybe a few things can come back..it's happened for others!

Yeah the plate is gone. It's bone white. :( but maybe there will be a miracle.

What the dueces? Via introduction of your new corals? Or this was something that was already in your tank lying dormant?

They just didn't ship well, and that is not Pismo's fault. He packed them better than live aquaria does and included a heat pack rated for the time they were in the box. But when I got them the water was really cold and I think that shocked them. The lying dormant part was about my fish dying. :(

surgicalsense

That is how mine arrived. I made a hot plate to warm up the water. Kinda worked, however I still lost the starfish. Everything else made it.

Sorry.

Leave the plate skeleton in the tank. I have heard of them coming back from nothing months later.

Really? Never hurd that. Do you have any info on that I could read by any chance?

That is how mine arrived. I made a hot plate to warm up the water. Kinda worked, however I still lost the starfish. Everything else made it.

Sorry.

I tried my best to warm the water slowly to not shock them, I acclimated much longer than I normally do for coral, just waiting to see what happened.

Leave the plate skeleton in the tank. I have heard of them coming back from nothing months later.

Yeah I'm not touching anything or adjusting anything in the tank, I've heard that about plates and hope that it might transfer over to other ones too!

If today is any indication of my forthcoming year...... I'll be happy to see it end on Dec.21st.

This year has been AWFUL..... :(

You don't believe that crap do you?

Isn't is just the end of the Myan and Incan calender?

Ya... it just starts over.... :lol:

I was kidding.

I own survival gear, and a survival-intended vehicle, purely for what they are..... A means of survival.

I plan for the end of "societal law, and reasoning."

I was the crazy guy, till Katrina happened..... Now, I'm the guy the neighborhood will follow.

At least until I hit the trails, with my buddies... :lockdown:

Archived