SaltCritters.com

Zer0's 25G Trimless LED Cube

Zer0

I've just lost interest.

Well, taking pictures of your reef is one thing, and to lose interest in that isn't really a big deal. Losing interest in your reef is another.. :( I hope you don't lose interest!

i would have that alk test double checked. does your kit come with a standard you can verify the kit against?

ph and alk usually work together so high alk usually comes with high ph. Not always though...but its a guess.

Yup, I think my test was bugging out that day. Or I did it wrong. Either way, my alk is at 8 now, and my pH is at 8.0 as well. So, actually, my tank params are perfect now. :happy:

Looks really good, Zero! :happy:

I have to do a LOT of editing to even get my pics close to the right WB.

It's hard to shoot under Led's.

Thanks pismo! And yeah bro, for my anyways, it's near impossible to get any decent shots of ANYTHING in my tank under these LEDs. Still, that doesn't bother me so much since the colors in real life are pretty incredible.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id wait a few months b4 adding more sps.

I know its fun seeing how they do in a new tank but why dont u start stocking the bottom areas first with some lps ..ect...

btw the tank is looking great

Id wait a few months b4 adding more sps.

I know its fun seeing how they do in a new tank but why dont u start stocking the bottom areas first with some lps ..ect...

btw the tank is looking great

I won't be having any LPS in this tank. It's only zoas and SPS, and right now, the zoas I have are melting away from the intensity of the LEDs, so... this tank might just be converted to only SPS, and maybe a couple higher light zoas.. I don't even know though, because I'm afraid to spend money on the zoas if they're just going to die on me. Problem is, there's no shady spots for these guys to sit and acclimate in, and my light is already 20 inches off the surface. Any higher and my SPS won't be getting the light they need to stay colorful. Idk.. I guess it's a trade off. I probably picked the wrong two types of corals to stock with. :/

I have some new pictures of the my SPS, and they are doing fantastic! Check out the polyp extension on them:

p7250002b.jpg

p7250003d.jpg

Here's the purple valida:

p7250006.jpg

It's probably going to be a little while more until I get anything new though.. Want to let the tank sit a little longer, plus, I ran out of teh moniez. :P

Looks great man your SPS is doing great for being such a young tank!

I had the hardest time with SPS till about the 6 month mark in my last tank and learned a pricey lesson, but obviously it's working out great for you! Keep it up!

Looks great man your SPS is doing great for being such a young tank!

I had the hardest time with SPS till about the 6 month mark in my last tank and learned a pricey lesson, but obviously it's working out great for you! Keep it up!

Thanks dude! Hopefully nothing bad will befall the SPS I have in there now, but you may be able to tell from the pictures, that even though the Valida is doing pretty good, the other no name acro that I have is doing much better. I see WAY more PE on the no name piece then I do the Valida, and I believe that to be due to the light. However, I'm lowering the light fixture one inch every other two days for the next couple days until I get the light to about 13 or 14 inches off the surface of the water, maybe 15. I just want to slowly adjust the light and see how the coral does.

Also on a separate but related note, I was able to find a spot to put my zoas where they wouldn't get too much light, and the polyps are HUGE now! Literally I moved them in to the new spot yesterday and today they already have large polyps. :happy: I think we found their new home. Hopefully all zoas aren't like these though.. because then that would suck for me. :(

SouthFlorida_Tron
whoa $80 for a borealis?? :o

i need to take that off my wish list

that conch is pretty neat looking. it's coming along :happy:

I paid $60 each for 3 ORA Frags... Notice the black plug... Certified ORA!... But mine are delivered by ORA and I pick up while the guy is opening his package lol....

So worth it though.....

I really Like your tank!!!!

Whats your params like ATM?

Thanks shiver! Well, I just tested because I was planning on doing that today, and since I saw your post I figured I might as well just do it now.

Ammonia: 0ppm

Nitrite: 0ppm

Nitrate: 0ppm

Phosphate: 0ppm

pH: 8.0

dKH: 8

Calcium: 480-500

Salinity: 1.025

So yeah, everything seems perfect. :happy: Also, going to do a 5G water change today. :)

I paid $60 each for 3 ORA Frags... Notice the black plug... Certified ORA!... But mine are delivered by ORA and I pick up while the guy is opening his package lol....

So worth it though.....

Yeah, I had looked for ORA plugs on my iPhone before I bought the Valida, and it checked out so I went ahead and got it. Can't say I'm disappointed at all. I love that coral. However, like I stated before, It doesn't seem to be doing as well as my other acro, and I believe that to be due to the light, but I'm not fully sure considering every night I see its little white feeder polyps extend out as far as they can lol.

Anyways, I'm hoping to go get more coral this weekend, or maybe next. It's between that, or buying a couple cheap supplies for my 10" cube. Decisions, decisions.

Anyways, I'm hoping to go get more coral this weekend, or maybe next. It's between that, or buying a couple cheap supplies for my 10" cube. Decisions, decisions.

ocean gallery is supposed to get a big shipment on sunday (again). 20% off fish and coral too!

ocean gallery is supposed to get a big shipment on sunday (again). 20% off fish and coral too!

hmmmmmmmmm!!!!!! I think I know what I'm going to get then :lol:

SouthFlorida_Tron

That valida is a bish. mine was sweet blue at the tips with green polyps... A month in, browned out, yet grew onto the rock!

Time taken, another month it has since regrown to beautiful bright blue tips and green starting to come out.

As I understand it, some acros drop color when moved then regain it with time.

That valida is a bish. mine was sweet blue at the tips with green polyps... A month in, browned out, yet grew onto the rock!

Time taken, another month it has since regrown to beautiful bright blue tips and green starting to come out.

As I understand it, some acros drop color when moved then regain it with time.

True, well, that's good to know dude. I'll just keep my params in check and wait to see what happens. When I first got it it had really nice purple tips and green polyps. It still has some purple in its tips, and also still has green polyps.. but it doesn't look too colorful to be honest lol.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Before: you can see it just looks dull and brown... yuck...

iseepolyps-acro1_1.jpg

After: this was a few weeks ago, it has since then gotten even more blue... if you can tell which one it is... i dont have a close up atm... sorry

coralstopleft8-25-11.jpg

Man.. the Borealis is the nicest acro i've seen. The one I saw at my LFS was just amazing. Wish I had bought it, but I didn't want to risk it dying in my tank. Not for 80 bucks anyways. I'll get it eventually though.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Heh.... Wait til you see a Bellina. Deep blue tissue like navy blue tips n bright green polyps. Not light blue like valida but BLUE!

SouthFlorida_Tron

No dude. I was showing him color potentials of ORA corals since we both struggled with new pieces. Not a 'showing my corals off thread'

Damn dude those really are nice. Is that a garf bonsai on the far right?

Purple Plasma!

No dude. I was showing him color potentials of ORA corals since we both struggled with new pieces. Not a 'showing my corals off thread'

Purple Plasma!

Damn, I gotta get one of those too for sure. On my list I have Borealis first, garf bonsai, and then purple plasma for sure. Possibly, Bellina. But those are the ones I want for sure. Also gotta get a red planet in their somewhere as well. Red planet actually might come before all of them since my LFS has cheap 2" frags of those. How much we're you getting those ORAs for? Were they all 60?

Archived