Coral Vue Hydros

Zer0's 25G Trimless LED Cube

Zer0

damn you tank looks good! lol i hope i can get my brother to let me setup my tank in his restaurant! lol

Thanks dude! I hope you set yours up too! It's looking great so far though!

Also, I got some stuff today, but I wound up forgetting some macro algae.. :P So now I get to go back out tomorrow to get it :P

Anyways, I got some cool stuff today! I got 2 ocellaris clownfish, and they are gorgeous! They look extremely healthy, swimming all over the place, and they ate the first half hour being in the tank.

Then, I picked up 5 or 6 hermit crabs and the same amount of snails. I was also able to purchase a frag of zoas that looks AMAZING for 25 bucks. They look like Mohawk paly's only I doubt they are. They still look incredible nonetheless.

Will take lots of pictures once the lights come on and everything has settled for a little while.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What macros are you looking for? I have prolifera, red grape, chaeto and maybe some regular grape c. And some ulva if you're interested.. I'd be able to give you some smaller portions of whatever you want, let me know man.

What macros are you looking for? I have prolifera, red grape, chaeto and maybe some regular grape c. And some ulva if you're interested.. I'd be able to give you some smaller portions of whatever you want, let me know man.

Oh dude I appreciate the offer but I want to go back to Ocean Gallery for more frags anyways hahaha. I figure I would just pick up some caulerpa there. Not even going with chaeto this time around. Just too messy. It gets everywhere and it chokes out the entire fuge.

Sea_Of_Treachery

Man that scape is badass. I am really liking those lights. the color looks fantastic. Cant wait to see some pics of your new additions!

Haha so you like OGII I see, haha. Good stuff man, but I believe you owe us pics already!

Dude that place is great and there was this guy there who really hooked me up today. He said he only worked there on weekends. I forget to get his name, but hopefully I'll see him there again haha. Super cool guy. Extremely helpful and knowledgeable. I would jump on your offer though greedy if I wasn't going back tomorrow. :P

Man that scape is badass. I am really liking those lights. the color looks fantastic. Cant wait to see some pics of your new additions!

Thanks Clarkii3!

As for the pictures guys, I'm not lying at all when I tell you it's a real sonuva ##### trying to get ANY decent pictures under these LEDs. The colors on my zoas are ridiculous and I can't even capture it slightly. :( I will do my best to get some decent pics but until Xmas comes around, I'll most likely have ####ty pictures, and they will be pretty sparse. My fam is getting a Canon T3 with a macro lens for Xmas so I'm pretty syked. I know it's only August, but it'll be great when I get to use a DSLR. Take some quality macro shots finally.

cant wait to see coaaaaaaaaaaaaarrraaaallllls

Haha me too dude. I'll be taking pics of the zoas tomorrow after the lights have been on for a little. I'll be trying to get good shots all day probably. My stupid Olympus camera doesn't like LEDs.

Think is awesome, I love the scape and your light is very nice. No optics though?

Thanks bro! And yeah, no optics. :happy: I might actually lower the light a little more..

Was out the whole day today so I couldn't get any pics.. :/ I will tomorrow for sure.

Anyways, everything is looking great, and the clowns eat like pigs. The skimmer is pulling out a light tea color and is working fantastically. Could not be happier.

Test results read as follows:

Ammonia: 0ppm

Nitrite: 0ppm

Nitrate: 0ppm

Salinity: 1.022( I need to raise it next water change, I usually keep it at 1.025 )

pH: 8.1

Temp: 80F

All the snails are doing fine as well as the tiny hermits.

So yeah..

just checking your progress...did you get any coral yet?

Yeah I got a frag of these really nice zoas for 25$. Has about 10-15 polyps. I love it. :)

ok then.

lol'd cuz u took your time to write ok then!! haha

cant wait to see the pics, i got a good spot in mind where i want my tank set up at the restaurant! ill post pics on my page!

ok then.

:)

lol'd cuz u took your time to write ok then!! haha

cant wait to see the pics, i got a good spot in mind where i want my tank set up at the restaurant! ill post pics on my page!

:) Awesome dude! I'm syked to see the pics. You know I'll be checking out your thread.

martyharrison

Love what you've done so far! Isn't rapidled awesome?! I've got 20 of their crees over my 29 biocube and I couldn't be happier! Keep up the great work!

Great tank, Zero! Very clean build, killer scape! I really like what you have done with this and look forward to seeing it grow in.

Love what you've done so far! Isn't rapidled awesome?! I've got 20 of their crees over my 29 biocube and I couldn't be happier! Keep up the great work!

Thanks marty! Much appreciated! And I completely agree. RapidLED is the best and they took care of me so well. They get a solid A++ in my book. I originally got the non-dimmable meanwells, but I wanted to return them and get the dimmable ones and they helped me out and made everything extremely easy. It literally took 2 days for the new drivers to arrive lol.

Great tank, Zero! Very clean build, killer scape! I really like what you have done with this and look forward to seeing it grow in.

Thanks creefer! That means a lot! :)

Thanks marty! Much appreciated! And I completely agree. RapidLED is the best and they took care of me so well. They get a solid A++ in my book. I originally got the non-dimmable meanwells, but I wanted to return them and get the dimmable ones and they helped me out and made everything extremely easy. It literally took 2 days for the new drivers to arrive lol.

This is good to know. I'm thinking of a frag set up with a topless fluval edge I have laying around and was contemplating RapidLED. Thanks for the info.

Went back to Ocean Gallery today and picked up some chaeto, which wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but I wasn't about to leave without macro algae again lol. I also picked up a really cool and nice sized conch and 2 cerith snails. I also picked up a REALLY nice piece of live rock the size of a baseball. It had TONS of stuff on it, including one aiptasia -_- but it went in my sump so I'm not worried. 5 minutes after putting it in there I saw two large bristleworms crawl out and dig in to the sand. Lots of worms too. Who knows what else is in there. :)

Still trying to get pictures, but my camera is out of batteries, and we have none in the house. It sucks.

Archived