Pod Your Reef

Zer0's 25G Trimless LED Cube

Zer0

omgomgomg

WAITING :lol:

:lol:

Soon actually. I just finished up some last modifications to the tank/light and now everything is 100% complete. Very excited.

AGREED!

Me too! lol.

And on another note, I spotted two patches of green algae forming in my fuge, so it looks like somethings starting to happen with the cycle. Only, nothing is being detected by the nitrite test kit, so now I'm a little worried I might have a dud nitrite kit. Not sure though.. I'll keep testing for ammonia, and if the ammonia drops to zero and nitrites still don't show up, I'll be ordering a new nitrite test kit. :/

At least things are really moving along now!

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Such a tease, why no pics

lol, I'm no tease! :P

Here's some pics just for you bud. :)

p6100001t.jpg

p6100002x.jpg

p6100003.jpg

A little closer now...

p6100004.jpg

When I was making the splash guard for LEDs I cut out a small piece to cover the top of my overflow box so no snails can crawl over and get jammed in the overflow. That would suck.

p6100005.jpg

I was standin on muh bed.

p6100006.jpg

I'm going to put pictures up later tonight of the LEDs on.

Gonna have to move the K1 around a little bit as well. The shimmer from the surface agitation is pretty seizureific.

lol Nice pics and good job making your bed. lol

Even the nassarious snails wont get stuck? Ecspecially all the ones your gonna get right? :P

lol Nice pics and good job making your bed. lol

Even the nassarious snails wont get stuck? Ecspecially all the ones your gonna get right? :P

lol thanks dude! Nope, nothing can get in that overflow box now. :) I was in the middle of washing my bedsheets so I didn't have one on in that pic :P

Tank is looking good man! I can't wait to see it fully stocked and lit :)

Thanks HDreef! Check back later tonight if you want to see the tank lit up! ;)

lol thanks dude! Nope, nothing can get in that overflow box now. :) I was in the middle of washing my bedsheets so I didn't have one on in that pic :P

Thanks HDreef! Check back later tonight if you want to see the tank lit up! ;)

What kind of project box did you use? (size) I am going to have 3 drivers so I need space!

What kind of project box did you use? (size) I am going to have 3 drivers so I need space!

I went to radioshack and bought their largest project box available which is 8" x 6" x 3" I believe. It fits my 2 meanwell 60-48D's perfectly when diagonal. Was a bit of a tight fit, but it all worked out in the end. For 3 drivers, you are definitely going to need a larger project box. What drivers are you using? Ebay is probably your best bet for cheap and much larger project boxes.

I went to radioshack and bought their largest project box available which is 8" x 6" x 3" I believe. It fits my 2 meanwell 60-48D's perfectly when diagonal. Was a bit of a tight fit, but it all worked out in the end. For 3 drivers, you are definitely going to need a larger project box. What drivers are you using? Ebay is probably your best bet for cheap and much larger project boxes.

FUDGE :owned: ! I got the same box... Whatever. I'm sure I can use it for other things... (no idea what other things that may be...)

FUDGE :owned: ! I got the same box... Whatever. I'm sure I can use it for other things... (no idea what other things that may be...)

:( Yeah, you won't be fitting three drivers in that thing. Like I said, it was a pretty tight fit for my 2 drivers, even when I put them diagonally.

If only I could go over and steal your rock and replace your tank with mine. Then again, I apparently havea a rare coal in mine o.O

Damn man, that looks great! Let's see some close ups of that fixture you made! I'm contemplating making the switch to LEDs pretty soon myself, especially considering I have to throw down like $100 (incl shipping) to replace my T5s. I don't know much about putting them together or specs to look for so expect a PM about this haha.

Love the clean looking setup and the light tree looks great too. Looking forward to seeing this fill up! Got caulerpas, ulva, chaeto whenever you're ready for it man just lmk!

Good job dood... nice and clean looking for sure!

Steve

Thanks Steve! I know the wires in the back are sticking out slightly but there is really just nothing I can do about that part. Aside from those wires though, I think it's pretty darn low profile, and it's completely open for better heat dissipation.

If only I could go over and steal your rock and replace your tank with mine. Then again, I apparently havea a rare coal in mine o.O

haha be happy with your tank dude! I think it looks great. :)

Damn man, that looks great! Let's see some close ups of that fixture you made! I'm contemplating making the switch to LEDs pretty soon myself, especially considering I have to throw down like $100 (incl shipping) to replace my T5s. I don't know much about putting them together or specs to look for so expect a PM about this haha.

Love the clean looking setup and the light tree looks great too. Looking forward to seeing this fill up! Got caulerpas, ulva, chaeto whenever you're ready for it man just lmk!

Will get close-ups dude no problem. If you do decide to go with LEDs don't hesitate to PM with any questions ya got. I'll do my best to answer them, correctly. ;) And thanks so much dude I might have to take you up on that offer for some macro! It's gonna be soon that I start stocking this baby up!

I got 1 for a penny, I got halimeda money plant, red gracilia and like one similiar to maidens hair plant

Oh yeah got 13 nassarius snails :P Imma send you them cuz i no how much you like nassarius snails

I got 1 for a penny, I got halimeda money plant, red gracilia and like one similiar to maidens hair plant

Oh yeah got 13 nassarius snails :P Imma send you them cuz i no how much you like nassarius snails

Never!!! I hate nassa's!! :P

Archived