SaltCritters.com

Zer0's 25G Trimless LED Cube

Zer0

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lol, U sure bout that???

Definitely lol.

Looks great man! Looking forward to the lighted pics :)

Thanks Mirage!

Anyways, here's three shots with the lights on. When people tell you it's really hard to take pictures with LEDs, they mean it. My camera is not a good one at all, so that doesn't make it any easier for me. I'll be taking pictures here and there with different light combinations and I'll post up all of the ones that look any amount decent. I took a ton of pictures last night and only 3 looked useable in the least bit. I will say that these LEDs look amazing. They really make the tank look like a diamond, in person at least :

p6100008.jpg

p6100010z.jpg

Here is how the tank sits now with color. I use a combination of 50% whites and 70% blues. It makes around an 17-18k color and it looks amazing:

p6100012z.jpg

That's all for now. Nothing else new happening with the tank as it's still cycling. Showing some new patches of algae since two days ago though, so I think the cycle will be complete soon.

Here is how the tank sits now with color. I use a combination of 50% whites and 70% blues. It makes around an 17-18k color and it looks amazing:

p6100012z.jpg

What optics are you using? I don't know if it's the camera or the "shimmering" that is throwing me off. It looks like the blending is weird. Still looks sick and it might just be me. Love it man.

What optics are you using? I don't know if it's the camera or the "shimmering" that is throwing me off. It looks like the blending is weird. Still looks sick and it might just be me. Love it man.

No optics. It could be the shimmering and the camera since the shimmer from the LEDs is pretty intense. I think I'll have to turn all the pumps off from now on to take pictures. I'm sure it's not you dude, the first couple days I had the LEDs running it looked pretty weird. My eyes adjusted I guess and it looks incredible now, and I'm not just saying that lol. I love these LEDs.

No optics. It could be the shimmering and the camera since the shimmer from the LEDs is pretty intense. I think I'll have to turn all the pumps off from now on to take pictures. I'm sure it's not you dude, the first couple days I had the LEDs running it looked pretty weird. My eyes adjusted I guess and it looks incredible now, and I'm not just saying that lol. I love these LEDs.

awesome!

If my ammonia is dropping, but I'm not getting even the slightest bit of readings in nitrites, do you guys think my nitrite test kit could be expired? The solution is still blue.. but I'm just worried it's donezo. I guess I could really start worrying if my ammonia dropped to zero and no nitrites showed up.. but the ammonia is still testing at 1ppm.

What do you guys think I should do?

If my ammonia is dropping, but I'm not getting even the slightest bit of readings in nitrites, do you guys think my nitrite test kit could be expired? The solution is still blue.. but I'm just worried it's donezo. I guess I could really start worrying if my ammonia dropped to zero and no nitrites showed up.. but the ammonia is still testing at 1ppm.

What do you guys think I should do?

How long ago did you start it up?

I would wait it out and possibly get another nitrate test (to double check). But again depends on when you started.

How long ago did you start it up?

I would wait it out and possibly get another nitrate test (to double check). But again depends on when you started.

I started the cycle last Saturday. That was when ammonia was first detected. Also, it's my nitrite test kit that might be a dud, not the nitrates. I haven't tested for that yet.

I was thinking... do they put nitrites in tap water? Could i test my tap just to check if my kit is working?

Sounds completely normal to me... it can take a few days for nitrites to start showing when ammonia starts dropping. It's a by product... think of this way, if you eat a meal it's usually 12 to 24 hours before you uh, crap it out... unless of course it was Taco Bell.

Steve

I started the cycle last Saturday. That was when ammonia was first detected. Also, it's my nitrite test kit that might be a dud, not the nitrates. I haven't tested for that yet.

I was thinking... do they put nitrites in tap water? Could i test my tap just to check if my kit is working?

Total typo. Sorry about that. But yeah, I would wait.

Sounds completely normal to me... it can take a few days for nitrites to start showing when ammonia starts dropping. It's a by product... think of this way, if you eat a meal it's usually 12 to 24 hours before you uh, crap it out... unless of course it was Taco Bell.

Steve

LOL. Alright I'll just wait it out and see what happens. Thanks Steve!

Got a big picture update for anyone that is interested. :)

But first, Nitrites have finally been detected. It's not much yet, as I suspect it will rise to around 1ppm before it begins to drop so I'm just waiting it out. Still pretty happy nonetheless that Nitrites are finally showing up. That means I'm on the home stretch. :P

Anyways, on to the pictures:

So, these first two are from my regular digital camera which has 7.1 megapixels, and is around 4 years old:

p6120022w.jpg

p6120038e.jpg

All the rest of these pictures were taken with my iPhone which only has 5 megapixels. I mean.. you can REALLY tell the difference in the quality of the photos. Well done apple, well done.

img0280jh.jpg

img0282nc.jpg

img0283pt.jpg

img0286mx.jpg

img0289s.jpg

img0290v.jpg

img0292lo.jpg

Hope you guys like them. :)

Questions/Comments/Suggestions whatever. All accepted.

Looks beautiful man :)

Thanks Mirage!

i hate how i keep forgetting about this tank :angry:

Haha don't worry, whether you forget or not, it'll always be here in case you remember. :)

Archived