Top Shelf Aquatics

Zer0's 25G Trimless LED Cube

Zer0

Justind823

p5310054.jpg

That tank and the scape look great man. I truly love it.

The scape reminds me so much of that character from The Neverending Story though! Hahaha :lol:

Maybe its just me...

Oh and that fuge looks like it could definitely use a mantis! :)

untitled.jpg

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see no resemblance what so ever.....that thing from Neverending story is hideous! Zer0's scape is more like this....

60.jpg

I see no resemblance what so ever.....that thing from Neverending story is hideous! Zer0's scape is more like this....

60.jpg

Ohsht!! Hahaha that's great!!

60.jpg

Haha that is amazing!

nice scape!!!

Are you using a Quiet One pump as return?

Thanks wire! And yes, I am using the QuietOne 1200.

Wataaaar. Nice man.

Thanks gabe! Much appreciated.

Me gusta Zer0! Love the overhang.

Thanks Fail, I thought that overhang went nice with the scape. I have the rocks going upwards in almost a spiral staircase kind of thing, so I figure I should add a part that just hovers above the sand. :)

Pretty incredible right Mirage? And with the grass as hair. :lol:

Scape, as described by my reaction through smilies

:mellow:

:huh:

:o

:blink:

omgomgomg

:bowdown:

:happy:

Glad to see this tank is going and going!

Hahaha! I'm glad there wasn't a :( in there. :lol:

Thanks Dream, and it sure will continue to go and go! :P

Love the Scape!!!!! :o

Thanks dude! I appreciate it!

So are you adding any LR to seed your tank and speed up your cycle? Are you dosing any bacteria?

I just dropped a raw shrimp in a few hours ago, so the cycle should be starting in the next couple days. I don't really believe in those bacteria in a bottle things. I will be seeding my base rock with live rock though, in the display and the fuge as well. :)

Thanks dude! I appreciate it!

I just dropped a raw shrimp in a few hours ago, so the cycle should be starting in the next couple days. I don't really believe in those bacteria in a bottle things. I will be seeding my base rock with live rock though, in the display and the fuge as well. :)

Hey Zero, I stopped by a local reefers house yesterday. He had a humongous 300g display with 125 sump, 30g frag tank, etc. He sold me on getting some Brightwell MicroBacter7 to help my cycle along. He was telling me how it has cut down the cycle on a couple tanks he helped with. I haven't seen a nitrite or nitrate yet from the rubble I put in, so I figured it can't hurt. Just a thought.

Hey Zero, I stopped by a local reefers house yesterday. He had a humongous 300g display with 125 sump, 30g frag tank, etc. He sold me on getting some Brightwell MicroBacter7 to help my cycle along. He was telling me how it has cut down the cycle on a couple tanks he helped with. I haven't seen a nitrite or nitrate yet from the rubble I put in, so I figured it can't hurt. Just a thought.

And you used the stuff on your tank?

Well, I could imagine you would need a large source of bacteria in tanks that are large like his. I used a single raw shrimp on my last 25 cube and my cycle lasted 2 and a half weeks, with the ammonia peeking at 2ppm. Only reason I'm doing the same thing this time around is so hopefully it takes the same amount of time to cycle. :P

I used MB7 on my last tank and I didn't have much of a cycle. This time around I'm trying some One & Only from Dr. Tim's and I'm going see if this stuff really works. I saw him speak at Reef-a-palooza earlier this year and he explained why bacteria in a bottle doesn't work like his....I took it with a grain of salt, but he is trusted by many large aquariums (London, Monterey etc.) to cycle their tanks instantly.

Check out this vid....

I used MB7 on my last tank and I didn't have much of a cycle. This time around I'm trying some One & Only from Dr. Tim's and I'm going see if this stuff really works. I saw him speak at Reef-a-palooza earlier this year and he explained why bacteria in a bottle doesn't work like his....I took it with a grain of salt, but he is trusted by many large aquariums (London, Monterey etc.) to cycle their tanks instantly.

Check out this vid....

Yeah, still, I would rather just do it the old natural way. For me, it's either pure ammonia, raw shrimp, or throwing some fish food in there to decay. Either way, I find that those methods yield the fastest results. I would have gone with pure ammonia this time, but I don't feel like buying a whole jug of it from the hardware store, and only use a few mL of it.

I didnt do anything and my cycke was two weeks o.O

Well then consider yourself lucky because most people have to wait much longer then that. :P

I love it! Well worth the wait!

Thanks Flake! I appreciate it!

Archived