Pod Your Reef

Zer0's 25G Trimless LED Cube

Zer0

hey zero would you say you get enough surface movment?

I would.. why? I have my return facing directly up at the surface, and another powerhead near the top which adds more surface agitation. I have no slick on the surface.. so I imagine that means I'm doing something right? Right? :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hes been busy with collage and stuff. Doesn't have much time to take care of his tank, let alone pictures. Ill try and talk him into taking some though.

I guess now is as good a time to update then any.

NJ had a "bad" snowstorm. My area didn't even get a ####ing inch. Power went out since Saturday morning. No heat, no hot water, no electricity. I got sick.

Tank hit temperatures around 45-50 degrees. I lost everything. All that's left is one clownfish swimming sporadically, and the other one lying on the sandbed breathing heavily. Power came back on 20mins ago, so im pretty much done. This tank will prob wont be running again until my month off for winter break. Then I guess I'll just... start over from scratch. Dunno.

Damn dude, that sucks. Seems like if anyone, you're always the one this weird one-in-a-million type of stuff happens to.

As bad as it is luckily you didn't lost a TON of stuff, but I feel you on losing what you did. Sorry :(

Hope you stick with it, and if not, I hope I'm first in line for that slick light!

Damn dude, that sucks. Seems like if anyone, you're always the one this weird one-in-a-million type of stuff happens to.

As bad as it is luckily you didn't lost a TON of stuff, but I feel you on losing what you did. Sorry :(

Hope you stick with it, and if not, I hope I'm first in line for that slick light!

I'm inclined to agree with you on that one. The one time I want my tank to chug along for the long haul instead of selling it off, this #### happens.

I'm not 100% sure, but my maxi-mini and the one clownfish may be the only survivors. My acros are completely white, and most of my zoas have disintegrated. I'm going to go fill up some buckets and mix some fresh sw in hopes that even ONE thing can be saved, and that not too much beneficial bacteria has died off from the cold. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Maxi mini? I don't recall that! But awesome pickup, I hope he lives.

For the rest unless you know its dead I'd leave it on the off chance its alive.

Hope that #### gets better!

Maxi mini? I don't recall that! But awesome pickup, I hope he lives.

For the rest unless you know its dead I'd leave it on the off chance its alive.

Hope that #### gets better!

Thanks dude. Now that the temp is starting to climb back up im starting to see a little movement. I think my conch is still alive, and two snails, and a couple hermits. Pretty sure the rest aren't going to make it. The frogspawn, zoas, acros, and one clownfish look pretty dead already, but I will leave things alone for a little and then determine what to do after the temperature has stabalized.

Ehhh that sucks... Kinda like hurricane preparations for south Florida, need a generator lol...

Yeah.. it really does suck. My dad is actually going out later today to buy a decent generator. We can't afford to lose anything, and all this really means is that we should be expecting more power outages this winter.. -_-

Man I'm sorry to hear that bud :( Hang in there... I really hope you don't give up on such an awesome setup.

Yeah thanks dude, I'm def not giving up just yet. Both of the clowns made recoveries and they are breathing and swimming normally now! My zoas are closed up, but my maxi-mini is fully open, and my frogspawn is open a little bit, but has a really dark green color to it. Looks pretty pissed. I lost my two acros. They lost all of their tissue the second night.. :/

I'm hoping the frogspawn makes a full recovery, and the maxi stays nice and healthy. At this point, I could care less about the zoas, as I'm thinking of making this a nem tank. Not sure yet. I just really want to be sure I get anything out of the tank that could cause a spike in my parameters if it's dead and beginning to decay. It looks like my nitrifying bacteria is still there because everything seems to be pretty normal, but I guess only time will tell. I'll definitely be testing my parameters daily, and I'm doing a 10G water change now.

Bleh.. so much work, and so much to worry about.

But on the bright side, it looks like I haven't lost everything like a previously stated. :) It's just that when I posted that message, everything seriously looked dead. Nothing moving, zoas mostly melted away, acros lost their tissue and the nem was practicaly invisible from being sucked all the way in to the rock it lives on.

Good to know that everything's still kicking. I train my tank for power outages by accidentally leaving pumps off after water changes, feedings, etc... lol

Your scape is like rock biter from the neverending story to me haha

p8020017o.jpg

pdvd_022.jpg

That's good to hear zero..

That freakin hilarious Kyle :lol: although zero might be a bit too young to remember neverending story :P

Atreyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to know that everything's still kicking. I train my tank for power outages by accidentally leaving pumps off after water changes, feedings, etc... lol

Your scape is like rock biter from the neverending story to me haha

:P Yeah Hype is right, I don't think I've heard of that movie.. lol

That's good to hear zero..

That freakin hilarious Kyle :lol: although zero might be a bit too young to remember neverending story :P

Atreyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks dude, it looks like the things I cared about the most might actually pull through. I just tested my water parameters and everything is surprisingly the same as before the power outage. Hoping it stays that way. fingerscrossed

Glad you didn't lose everything!

Thanks Flake, I'm pretty happy I didn't lose everything either.

What exactly lived?

My two clownfish, my maxi-mini anemone, and my purple tipped neon green frogspawn. The zoas don't look like they'll make it, and my acros RTN'd last night. :(

That's, *siento* ;)

And thanks dude, appreciate it. Pretty crazy how the maxi survived 52 degree water right?

No! All my life I have spelled it like that! Man.

Yeah that is actually really ridiculous!

Archived