inTank Media Baskets

Zer0's 25G Trimless LED Cube

Zer0

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been following this tank, looks really great!!! sorry for the loss :/ your progress from recovery is wonderful too! congrats on the new camera as well (: NEW PICTURES?? I will be snagging a Mr. Aqua rimless in a couple of months, trying to almost do the same set up as you. It's kind of difficult owning a cash-draining reef tank when you're a freshmen in college. I love the hobby and all you reefers out there :P I'd like to see the sump set up you have.. picture? planning on running an all natural refugium in mine and also dripping lime water.. not quite positive yet.. anyways.. PICTURES? :D

I've been following this tank, looks really great!!! sorry for the loss :/ your progress from recovery is wonderful too! congrats on the new camera as well (: NEW PICTURES?? I will be snagging a Mr. Aqua rimless in a couple of months, trying to almost do the same set up as you. It's kind of difficult owning a cash-draining reef tank when you're a freshmen in college. I love the hobby and all you reefers out there :P I'd like to see the sump set up you have.. picture? planning on running an all natural refugium in mine and also dripping lime water.. not quite positive yet.. anyways.. PICTURES? :D

Sure, I can definitely take some pictures of my sump. I'll do it in a little bit, as I am busy right now, but for now, here's that bristleworm I have been haggling with for a while now. He doesn't destroy anything at all, it's just that he's awfully disgusting.

6990819978_0dfd89b598_c.jpg

FTS?

My tank looks like #### bro. To be completely honest with you, I'm getting fed up with it. It took a turn for the worst and stuff just doesn't look pretty at all anymore. Not sure what to do other then continue 20% water changes every week. I can get an FTS, but it won't look good haha.

Jessy-Ray

Whoa your tank is so nice, that scape is crazy good and I love the colour of this

7069164549_606376ef5f.jpg

Whoa your tank is so nice, that scape is crazy good and I love the colour of this

7069164549_606376ef5f.jpg

lol thanks dude, but my tank looks like poop now. It got hit hard by a multitude of types of algaes. :(

• 2 weeks later...

It. Is. Gone.

I feel a little dead inside, but I just couldn't keep up with it. Ever since the two blackouts that were multiple days in length, the tank has just never been the same. I have a feeling I won't be able to keep myself away from doing another tank, some day, but it won't be in the near future.

Good luck to you all, and keep those tanks clean!

It. Is. Gone.

I feel a little dead inside, but I just couldn't keep up with it. Ever since the two blackouts that were multiple days in length, the tank has just never been the same. I have a feeling I won't be able to keep myself away from doing another tank, some day, but it won't be in the near future.

Good luck to you all, and keep those tanks clean!

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

I'm sure it could have been saved! I'm mad at you. We're fighting.

• 2 months later...

So guys, my cube is back in business. It's already cycled, and got some stuff in it. I moved it from my room which was pretty cramped, to my basement which has lots more room and has my RO/DI and Saltwater reservoirs, as well as a large sink.. slop sink or whatever, so now maintenance is a breeze and takes me 5 minutes tops. I also have an ATO now as well, so I don't worry about topping off.

All the same equipment, LEDs, skimmer, sump, tank and stand, etc.. The only things that have changed are the overflow box, the placement of the powerheads, and of course, the aquascape. I wanted to try something different this time around, and I have to admit, I get some of my influence from MedRed. Not just him, but also, I like the natural pillar style of the coral reefs in the ocean so I tried to mimic some of the things I've seen on some ocean documentaries. Not sure if it came out good, but I love the way they look.

No coral yet, but here's the stocking list:

- 3 Talbot Damsels

- 4 Blue Legged Hermit Crabs

- 4 Astrea Snails

- 1 tiny Emerald Crab

Got all of that for about $30 at Ocean Gallery II, if anyone is familiar with this store, and I took the last three Talbots in stock for $7 a piece lol. They starting eating right away, and they have each made their homes within both rock structures, which is pretty awesome. They also school/shoal together fairly often.

Anyways, pics. The water does still happen to be a bit cloudy because the fish kicked up some sand earlier today. I had also just cleaned the glass and algae was floating everywhere. Oh well..

7763339060_778006940b_c.jpg

7763340526_ab6e830f53_c.jpg

7763342026_656752daa6_c.jpg

7763343290_f407f4b583_c.jpg

7763344866_8000a51ffd_c.jpg

7763337308_c175729320_c.jpg

These fish and this tank so far have proven to be difficult to capture on camera. Either that, or I just suck with this camera. Probably the latter right? :lol: More pictures to come though, most likely tomorrow. I love these Talbot Damsels! They are so cute and awesome!

Cheers guys

Awesome scape zero and great pics. Although the talbots turn into real jerks once they establish their territory and you will have a hard time adding other fish as they're bullies.

Ohhh, nice new scape ahha. Welcome back to the reef game.

Thanks bro! :3

Awesome scape zero and great pics. Although the talbots turn into real jerks once they establish their territory and you will have a hard time adding other fish as they're bullies.

Thanks man! :)

Oh that's a shame.. I thought they were generally peaceful fish.. :/ I don't really have any other fish in mind at the moment.. but that kinda sucks to know it will be hard to fit another fish in there. You think they will fight with ANY fish I put in there? Even a clown goby? Because a YCG was the only other fish on my list..

Thanks bro! :3

Thanks man! :)

Oh that's a shame.. I thought they were generally peaceful fish.. :/ I don't really have any other fish in mind at the moment.. but that kinda sucks to know it will be hard to fit another fish in there. You think they will fight with ANY fish I put in there? Even a clown goby? Because a YCG was the only other fish on my list..

Its going be tough because you added the damsels first...generally if you add damsels they should be the last additions because they become so territorial....even towards one another. Its very likely they YCG will be picked on by the damsels. When i had them the only fish they werent aggressive towards were fish that were larger or more aggressive than they were.

Its going be tough because you added the damsels first...generally if you add damsels they should be the last additions because they become so territorial....even towards one another. Its very likely they YCG will be picked on by the damsels. When i had them the only fish they werent aggressive towards were fish that were larger or more aggressive than they were.

That sucks. Well, the good thing is, I don't really plan on having any other fish. I have been looking for these fish for a while, and if they do well, they will wind up being the only fish in there. They are very colorful and they certainly have a lot of personality. Do you think adding one or two more of them would be a problem? It would have to be a month or two from now, but if I could add at least one more of the Talbot, I would be supremely happy haha.

Sweet :)

How'd you make the vivarium? It looks soooooooooooo nice!

Thanks!

Unfortunately, now that you've reminded me, the stupid vivarium sprung a leak so I had to take it down. I'm actually very upset about that right now because one, I loved it a lot, and two, I can't believe that thing sprung a leak. What a cheap piece of ####.

That sucks. Well, the good thing is, I don't really plan on having any other fish. I have been looking for these fish for a while, and if they do well, they will wind up being the only fish in there. They are very colorful and they certainly have a lot of personality. Do you think adding one or two more of them would be a problem? It would have to be a month or two from now, but if I could add at least one more of the Talbot, I would be supremely happy haha.

You could try it but like i said after a few months they will start to target their territorial aggression towards one another and more than likely you will lose one or two.

You could try it but like i said after a few months they will start to target their territorial aggression towards one another and more than likely you will lose one or two.

Oh, so you mean they don't even like each other? Ugh.. now that is a true bummer. I thought you meant they would get mean towards OTHER fish.. not each other. -_-

Oh, so you mean they don't even like each other? Ugh.. now that is a true bummer. I thought you meant they would get mean towards OTHER fish.. not each other. -_-

Yea...in the beginning they are very social towards one another but after a while they establish territories within the tank and then become aggressive towards pretty much any fish they can intimidate including each other. I was really disappointed as well because theyre initial behavior suggested otherwise. The only reason i didnt have a huge problem at the time was because i had large green chromis and sapphire damsels which were just as aggressive as the damsels so they sorted it out among each other and occupied different parts of the tank.

Yea...in the beginning they are very social towards one another but after a while they establish territories within the tank and then become aggressive towards pretty much any fish they can intimidate including each other. I was really disappointed as well because theyre initial behavior suggested otherwise. The only reason i didnt have a huge problem at the time was because i had large green chromis and sapphire damsels which were just as aggressive as the damsels so they sorted it out among each other and occupied different parts of the tank.

I see. Oh well, nothing I can do now right? Just have to hope for the best and hope they don't kill each other.

I see. Oh well, nothing I can do now right? Just have to hope for the best and hope they don't kill each other.

Well maybe yours will pair off...who knows maybe they wont fight at all.

Archived