Coral Vue Hydros

Zer0's 25G Trimless LED Cube

Zer0

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oh, ITS ZERO - whats up man! tank looks awesome. Can't wait to see this mature!

Haha nothing much bro. What's up with you? Yeah dude same here. The zoas are starting to grow in and the frogspawn grew a new head so things are starting to pick up a little speed. :P The pictures might not show it, but the rocks aren't very white anymore, more of a greenish/purplish color. Hopefully they will start turning more purple lol. Thanks for checking in!

Awesome scape.

Really cool scape!

I love that plate!

Thanks guys! The plate is my 2nd favorite piece. First are the orange zoas. The pictures don't do them justice at all. They truly are beautiful.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I would just do a quick text update, as I have no pictures for you guys unfortunately. :(

Anyways, the tank is basically the same, with no new additions as I have been working on some other projects that I have yet to share here, but will in the future, but so far...

When I first started adding coral to my tank I saw one tiny Stomatella snail crawling around. A month later and the Stomatella snail got pretty large. Another month later and I noticed another large Stomatella roaming around the aquarium. I really thought nothing of it and just considered them simple hitchhikers.

Then, about two weeks ago, I saw both Stomatella snails propped up on there tail portions, sticking out into the flow and "spitting" out this white substance. Immediately I figured it was either sperm or eggs, whichever one, and since I had only two Stomatellas, I thought I might get lucky and they might spawn. I honestly had never seen anything reproducing in captivity before so needless to say I was pretty interested and amused...

Long story short, I now have a bunch of baby Stomatella snails crawling all over the tank and I could not be happier. It was getting to the point where I needed to start stocking up on my clean up crew but then these little sons a #####es popped up and now I don't have to buy any clean up crew since all they do is eat tons of algae. It's great.

Also, on a separate note, I will be getting a Canon T3 or T2i in about a week for sure, so I will definitely be showing off my tank in all its glory once I get the new camera.

'Tis all for now. Sorry about no pictures. :/

Congrats on the upcoming camera. Look forward to the pics...

Arent stomatellas great?.. I have a bunch of larger ones that come out at night.

Congrats on the upcoming camera. Look forward to the pics...

Arent stomatellas great?.. I have a bunch of larger ones that come out at night.

Thanks dude! I chose the T2i over the T3, and I bought it on Ebay last night, so I should have some nice pictures up hopefully next week. :) Can't wait to see what it's like to own a nice DSLR. I saw some videos and pictures using a stock T2i with the 18-55mm lens and they look pretty incredible. Will most likely save up to buy a nice all around lens in the future as well.

And yes, stomatellas are awesome! The ones I have just keep reproducing and they just mow down any algae I have on the glass and rocks. Super awesome creatures.

Hey Z,

Grats on the new camera. I still love my T1i. You can get awesome shots with the kit lens, I still use mine a lot :)

Thanks dude! I chose the T2i over the T3, and I bought it on Ebay last night, so I should have some nice pictures up hopefully next week. :) Can't wait to see what it's like to own a nice DSLR. I saw some videos and pictures using a stock T2i with the 18-55mm lens and they look pretty incredible. Will most likely save up to buy a nice all around lens in the future as well.

And yes, stomatellas are awesome! The ones I have just keep reproducing and they just mow down any algae I have on the glass and rocks. Super awesome creatures.

Your going to love it man..cant wait to see the new pics..

Hey Z,

Grats on the new camera. I still love my T1i. You can get awesome shots with the kit lens, I still use mine a lot :)

Hey thanks MGD! I can't wait to take some pictures with it!

Your going to love it man..cant wait to see the new pics..

I know dude! I'm pretty psyched lol.

So, here's a couple pictures with my new EOS 550D. I love this camera, I just need to really learn how to use it right, and I need to clean my aquariums glass :P I just whipped out the camera and started taking pictures without cleaning or setting anything up lol. I also have to find a good image hosting site...

muea0i.jpg

4ui26u.jpg

And here's my other project that I've been working on. I'll take better pictures of the entire vivarium once I let the plants sit for a little while in the humidity. I just got them today lol.

m76w7k.jpg

Whatd'ya guys think?

So, here's a couple pictures with my new EOS 550D. I love this camera, I just need to really learn how to use it right, and I need to clean my aquariums glass :P I just whipped out the camera and started taking pictures without cleaning or setting anything up lol. I also have to find a good image hosting site...

muea0i.jpg

4ui26u.jpg

And here's my other project that I've been working on. I'll take better pictures of the entire vivarium once I let the plants sit for a little while in the humidity. I just got them today lol.

m76w7k.jpg

Whatd'ya guys think?

Congrats bud on the new camera...flickr FTW

That vivarium is really sick...cant wait to see what it looks like in a few months

BTW is that a gameboy color? :P

Congrats bud on the new camera...flickr FTW

That vivarium is really sick...cant wait to see what it looks like in a few months

BTW is that a gameboy color? :P

Hey thanks Hype! Much appreciated! I can't wait for the viv to grow out as well. :)

And yup, that sure is one of the very first gameboy colors. I'm playing pokemon gold on it right now since it's the only game I have left. My brother sold all of the rest of them a couple years ago. -_-

And yup, that sure is one of the very first gameboy colors. I'm playing pokemon gold on it right now since it's the only game I have left. My brother sold all of the rest of them a couple years ago. -_-

That awesome i pwned Pokemon silver back in the day....

Also, here's a couple more photos:

Here's the vivarium I set up a week ago lol.

7069166789_010ace96ff.jpg

The name of this coral has slipped my mind.. can't believe it lol..

7069166117_d23e5dbefc.jpg

7069165451_78ec17e5ff.jpg

Purple Fusion Zoanthids:

6923085848_8079d61637.jpg

Frogspawn w/ 3 heads, a little blurry, sorry:

7069164549_606376ef5f.jpg

That awesome i pwned Pokemon silver back in the day....

Haha hell yeah dude, this game is awesome! I'm battling the Elite Four at the moment actually :P

Haha hell yeah dude, this game is awesome! I'm battling the Elite Four at the moment actually :P

Ha nice!Probably the best game for gameboy...ever.

Nice pics BTW.Keep shooting ;)

Ha nice!Probably the best game for gameboy...ever.

Nice pics BTW.Keep shooting ;)

Haha I completely agree!

And thanks! I most certainly will keep shooting as much as possible!

yeah still liking the scape esp when your clowns are cruising right under it aahaha

Hey thanks bro! I'll get some pictures of them hovering under the overhang in the shadows, it's actually pretty cool lol.

Deleted User 4

Yeah, looking forward to that, I can tell it's pretty cool because I've actually spotted your clown doing it in your recent pics :)

Yeah, looking forward to that, I can tell it's pretty cool because I've actually spotted your clown doing it in your recent pics :)

Oh definitely bro, it's really cool. They spend almost all of their time under the overhang. I'll see if I can get some good pictures.

I fed the tank tonight so I took a picture of my plate coral eatin some noms. It's great because the plate is directly under the flow of my return line so I just drop a few pieces of mysis shrimp and it just falls right in his mouth. No need to stick my hand in the tank or spot feed.

7069510173_5e4e0f3d82_c.jpg

6923429300_62ffda6d2b_c.jpg

7069509567_767c05f3b4_c.jpg

God I love this camera

I took some pictures of my vivarium before lights out, and I'll just put them here instead of making a thread about it on a forum dedicated to reef aquaria :P

7069702283_2a7d4edaec_c.jpg

7069702929_ddba3efc39_c.jpg

6923623430_b9bcf38750_c.jpg

6923624158_9b769f9f1e_c.jpg

6923625390_634244d755_c.jpg

6923626278_8327f4416e_c.jpg

7069707339_c6f9146655_c.jpg

Let me know what you guys think. The plants came in today. Most likely the only ones I'll be adding as well.

Wow man that looks great....your scape is sick.

Thanks bro! :) The whole setup including the plants cost me $120 flat. I recorded what I had to buy.. :P

Archived