ReefCleaners.org

Zer0's 25G Trimless LED Cube

Zer0

hi zero! i completely forgot you existed lol..

sorry about your coral, yay for clowns, the little fighters.

new tank would be soo awsome! do sexys host mini nems?

tank looks pretty good though.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hi zero! i completely forgot you existed lol..

sorry about your coral, yay for clowns, the little fighters.

new tank would be soo awsome! do sexys host mini nems?

tank looks pretty good though.

That's ok I don't really come on here that much anymore.. :/ Yeah the clowns definitely are fighters. My water parameters are fine and I still have some stuff recovering, so I have no reason to restart the tank. I think sexy's host mini nems.. but I don't have any sexys.

• 1 month later...
That's good to hear zero..

That freakin hilarious Kyle :lol: although zero might be a bit too young to remember neverending story :P

Atreyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!

No, you can't be too young to have not seen that movie, it's epic. Soorry I've had t many drink tonight. :)

• 3 weeks later...
New Pics!

I'll try and get new pics for sure. Probably going to be getting my first DSLR this week, so that should be a nice change in pace from the other crappy camera.

On the other hand, my tank is looking pretty poopy because I haven't done a water change in a couple weeks lol, and the conch who was stationary for 3 weeks straight... just awoke yesterday and is already cleaning up the sandbed which looked pretty horrible since the conch wasn't doing squat for 3 weeks. Pretty weird huh?

On the other hand, my tank is looking pretty poopy because I haven't done a water change in a couple weeks lol, and the conch who was stationary for 3 weeks straight... just awoke yesterday and is already cleaning up the sandbed which looked pretty horrible since the conch wasn't doing squat for 3 weeks. Pretty weird huh?

Thats very weird as my conch was an algae eating machine. I dont think it ever slept...

• 2 weeks later...

So I got some new things today! I got a nice neon green plate, a frag of pipe organ coral, and a lime green encrusting montipora. I also got an emerald crab, sally lightfoot crab, and a decent sized serpent star. All pretty cool. The sally lightfoot went in my sump though, as I read they aren't really reef safe.

I'll put up pictures of everything once they come out.

I drip acclimated them all, and then dipped the coral in Revive for a few minutes. Some crazy stuff came out of everything except the plate. I was able to save some tiny brittle stars that came running out though lol.

So yeah, my tank is going to start receiving things regularly now that we bought a generator. I wasn't going to buy more stuff for the tank just to have it die if power went out. This tanks coming back to life. :)

So I took out my poopy camera today to take some pictures of the new additions, plus some of the older ones that have really started to look good. This is about as good a picture I can get with this camera, so I hope you enjoy. :)

pb230039.jpg

pb230040.jpg

pb230042.jpg

pb230046.jpg

pb230047.jpg

pb230050.jpg

pb230051.jpg

pb230054.jpg

pb230058.jpg

pb230059.jpg

pb230060.jpg

Here's the Emerald crab, right in the middle of the picture:

pb230064.jpg

And the obligatory crap FTS.

pb230065.jpg

Just in general though, I'm very happy and proud to own this tank and to have it running. It's been +6 months so far and there's many forms of life really taking off. I have many pineapple sponges growing on the back wall as well as in the sump. The sump shows much more micro life though since there's a giant ball of cheato there, and nothing to eat the smaller organisms. Coralline and regular algae have been spreading nicely and give more color to my rocks then what my camera can capture. They aren't white anymore, but more of a goldish color, with green and purple/pink mixed in here and there. Still a while to go before my rocks are nice and purple, but I'm not complaining.

These Cree LED's that I have are amazing, and they give my coral colors I was never able to experience with T5's or my old Halide. Being able to see the coral under all Royal Blues is pretty incredible as well; the colors are just astounding. I also get minimal algae growth on the glass, just a decent dusting of film algae which is easily removed by the Mag-Float.

As far as this tanks future, I would really like to get another fish that stays swimming.. like an Anthias, or maybe some smaller Cardinals or Juvenile Blue Chromis. I'm not really sure though, as I do not own a quarantine tank, and so the risk of ich being introduced is much greater for me. For now though, my clowns bring me much happiness. They eat right out of my hands and it's pretty fun.

I definitely will be getting more coral no though, mainly zoanthids and some SPS. There will be ricordea thrown in there, a duncan and a blasto, and one acan frag. After I've acquired those things listed, I will probably just let the tank sit and just grow out and see what happens and see how the tank turns out.

Sorry the tank looks so sparse right now though, for a while I wasn't adding anything because If I had lost power, I would have had more deaths.

'tis all for now ladies and gentlemen. Have a good one!

Tank still looks great....glad you decided to hang in there bud. Look forward to the upcoming additions :happy:

Thanks Hype! Much appreciated. :)

Lee Van Reef

Nice to see you still around! As far as a more open swimming fish, get the anthias. A single lyretail or dispar would probably do decently.

glad to see it back up!

Thanks dude! Me too!

Tank is looking good Zero. Lots of potential with that scape!

Yea, rock biter FTW!

Haha thanks spanko, much appreciated. I feel like once I get more stuff, and things really start growing out it will look pretty cool.

Nice to see you still around! As far as a more open swimming fish, get the anthias. A single lyretail or dispar would probably do decently.

Your too Lee! And yeah, I probably will get the Anthias :lol: I've wanted one for some time now. Just need to find one from a clean place. How clean and well kept the place is, is probably the only insurance I have against getting ich, without having a quarantine tank :P

Lee Van Reef
Your too Lee! And yeah, I probably will get the Anthias :lol: I've wanted one for some time now. Just need to find one from a clean place. How clean and well kept the place is, is probably the only insurance I have against getting ich, without having a quarantine tank :P

If your LFS is less than stellar, try and show up right when they get a fish shipment and before they get to drop them in the tanks. I've done it before and the fish are a world of a difference.

Good idea! There is one place that has extremely clean tanks and beautiful fish, but they're pretty far and the fish are more money. Still might be worth it though.

look at you, not giving up

looks better than before (prolly cause you have more coral)

Hellz yeeh. I'm def not giving up. I really enjoy this tank now, and I'm pretty sure it's because I have more corlz, so yeah, I think you're right. It does look better then before. Still kindof barren though.. :/

Hellz yeeh. I'm def not giving up. I really enjoy this tank now, and I'm pretty sure it's because I have more corlz, so yeah, I think you're right. It does look better then before. Still kindof barren though.. :/

My conch just died though hahaha

Nice additions, really love your rockscape :D

Hey thanks dude! I really think the scape will turn out nice once things start growing in. :)

Looks great man! I love the scape, and we have the same pink zoas. I found out their name is Purple Fissions even thought they are the brightest pink I have ever seen.

Archived